Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-21, 10:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Linda, are you able to stream? I can't remember. If so, I'd suggest you sign up for Udaya's trial period and do all the Vytas you can in that time. Then figure out if you want to purchase some of his stuff or just keep streaming for the variety...... but you might want to wait for their sale!! I love Udaya and I've become fond of the Inner Dimension channel as well. And now.... well, now Kate has me thinking about adding Gaia, which would just be crazy! And yet....
Streaming at my house is a royal pain in the schuschka...my internet stinks like wet dog

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 06:29 AM  
Mickey12

Linda I also wanted to point out that I posted a lot of my thoughts about the Deepen Your Practice set in a thread from 2-1-14. It wasn't started by me, but it was titled Udaya Deepen Your Practice. I posted my thoughts about each practice as I did them.

I didn't find the practices to be too much harder than what I was used to (Travis' Ultimate Yogi, for instance), although, there are more advanced poses for sure. Vytas does go into harder variations of poses like head stand, etc. When he does that, I just stay at the original version of the pose.
Old 04-23-21, 08:45 AM  
manleym

Cataddict I'm glad you liked Heather's Power Hour. I did the Pop on yesterday and really liked it too. It is light weight, but a pretty fast pace so it really does get your heart rate up. I also loved her HIIT Booty Bootcamp. I think you would like her no repeat workouts. Oh, thanks for the heads up about Peacock. I had never heard of it. Bummer, that I can't get it on our Fire TV. But our computer is hooked up to our TV so I can stream it from our computer. How is your leg? Hope your stomach has settled down. Upset stomach is no fun. Hopefully you're almost finished with the meds.

Bee I'm still on the fence about DreamBody. I've read that it's frantic, crazy fast, and she talks non-stop. So while I would like to try them, I don't think I want to buy them. I have most of the Linda Wooldridge workouts that were mentioned on the DB post, so I may do some of those since I already have them. Let me know if you try DB and what you think.

KateTT HA that I was confused on the name of the yoga practice you did! I thought, that's gross that he's burping up his lunch! How weird! HA!! And yes, IMax 2 is a fav!!! And I think Kim mentioned that there's a new Downton Abbey movie, so I don't know the details. I was just happy there's another one coming out.

ChelePA are you starting Cathe's RB2 rotation Monday? I'm going to start it and see how far I get. I would like to do Caroline's Heat rotation but 10 weeks seems long to me. But before I started doing rotations I never thought I could workout to the same person for 4 weeks and yet I have.

Hugs and waves to Kittybug, Horusosiris, Kim, Nathalie, FOLV and anyone else I might have accidentally missed. I hope you are all doing well.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 09:16 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Linda I also wanted to point out that I posted a lot of my thoughts about the Deepen Your Practice set in a thread from 2-1-14. It wasn't started by me, but it was titled Udaya Deepen Your Practice. I posted my thoughts about each practice as I did them.

I didn't find the practices to be too much harder than what I was used to (Travis' Ultimate Yogi, for instance), although, there are more advanced poses for sure. Vytas does go into harder variations of poses like head stand, etc. When he does that, I just stay at the original version of the pose.
I'll try to find it..thanks!!

ETA: I found it and tagged it with Vytas and his last name so it would come up if the urge ever strikes me again. Thank you so much for your reviews of it. It sounds too advanced so I can happily not be tempted anymore. Thanks, Kim!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-23-21, 11:20 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

It's Friday, it's Friday (happy dance).
Working from home is still so nice but I like the weekends all the same.

Linda: DYP is MUCH better than Vytas' Yoga for Strength. I actually have that one and have only done it once. DYP has some challenge but he's much "nicer".
It is definitely more challenging and as noted by others, his form tips are superb!
If you happen to subscribe to Udaya, he has TONS of practices on there where he's nicer too.

bee: I LOVE Gaia!! I love Udaya and Power Yoga too. Still playing around with ID but the other 3 are my favs and I would have a really hard time stopping those subscriptions.
If you do go to Gaia, I highly recommend any of David Magone's practices and Troy Hadeed is EXCELLENT! So many good ones. Sorry to enable.

Kim: I also just stay in the beginning stages of some poses. I like some challenge but my Yoga is meant to be more healing rather than a "workout".

manleym: Strange as it is, Bryan has a few practices on PY.com where he burps. I'm taking his online teacher training starting next week (SO excited) and I wonder what he'll be like there. Not shy, that man.

Today I changed my mind on my workout again. Tony was so fun on Wed that I decided to do One on One Volume 3, Disk 9: Core Synergistics MC2. I adore Core Syn in P90x and this one is great too. Not killer hard (Tony takes long breaks so I keep working) but definitely some challenge. Good workout for the end of the week.
Mostly all bodyweight but also uses a stability ball and a med ball (I subbed a dumbell) and sliders.
LOVE working my core.

Hugs to all. Hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be hauling firewood tomorrow...Yard Max?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 03:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends! Happy Weekend.....
manleym, if you don't own Dream Body, for sure do not buy it.... it is not worth it. I thought you had it and were just thinking about revisiting. Since I do have it, I was thinking I might give it a go at a slower pace, but funny how I still haven't gone there.

Linda, bummer that you can't do streaming! There's so much great stuff on Udaya -- Vytas and otherwise. I do think I like it better than Inner Dimension, but of course now Kate has me convinced I *need* to try Gaia.

Kate, I do not know how you fit in everything you do! Seems like you do multiple workouts per day, plus you work, plus you have property to keep up with, plus you have family commitments, and now you are doing yoga teacher training?! You are super woman, for sure.

I don't think I checked in yesterday..... I did Rudy's Armed and Dangerous 30 minute practice -- it was definitely upper body heavy, but what I really felt this morning was a sore core. I also walked with a friend yesterday. Today was my fit it in if you can day, so I did a 30 minute Heather hiit -- low impact. I forget if it was Chele or manleym who said that Heather's stuff really is low impact. This morning I found myself adding in some jumps because it just seemed like it could have had a little more oomph than what she had going on. It's a really nice day today and I'm finishing up a great audio book, so considering a walk. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow, which we desperately need, so everyone is holding their breath and crossing their fingers that it really happens.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! xox
Old 04-25-21, 07:32 AM  
ChelePA

Bee...it was me that said Heather really does low impact versus Cathe. Sometimes I just need that lower intensity depending on the day. But it is so easy to make it more difficult with light hand weights, lifting for moves, etc.

I have officially finished 2L4G's Heather rotation.
Day 5: Pilates Fusion // Full Body HIIT Workout (35:30 minutes) + Optional Inner + Outer Thigh Toning Workout // Low Impact, No Equipment (21 minutes)

Day 6: 1 Hour // No Repeat HIIT Workout (69 minutes)

Day 7: Full Body Yoga Fusion // HIIT Workout

For those who really liked the no repeat last week. Day 6 One hour HIIT is the same format with similar exercises. It was an excellent total body metabolic workout with cardio blasts mixed in.

It has been great branching out with other instructors. Anna for March and Heather for April. I usually dread Yoga and Pilates type workouts, but really enjoyed Heather's style. It also reinforced what I already knew that my balance is atrocious. I have said that many times before, but I am going to try to incorporate different exercises daily to improve. This rotation also included weekly kettlebell workouts which are new to me. I wish Cathe would consider using them but I remember her previous comments about being properly trained, etc. Heather seems to have more variety of workouts versus Anna and lifts heavier but I only did her March Challenge so I could be wrong. The one thing Anna does that kicked my butt was her 50/10 format. Those few seconds make a big difference for recovery.

I am looking forward to doing a Cathe rotation starting tomorrow. I still prefer her style and listening to the instructor. Much more motivating for me!

We had a beautiful day yesterday so my husband and I finally completed our yard work...7 hours total but just in time before the rain today.

I forgot to mention that my daughter never had a reaction to her second vaccine. Hoping the same for me this Friday. Fingers crossed!

Hi to all and Happy Sunday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 07:55 AM  
fanofladyvols

Kate you would be an excellent yoga teacher...and subscription sales rep, lol!

bee I think not having streaming as a real option has saved me money so I try to stay grateful about it

ChelePA did you decide on Rock bottom 2021? I'm starting my version of that on Monday. I will do it sequentially if not chronologically so I may plug in all CS or all pilates days midweek. It will probably take me 5 weeks to complete.

Fist bumps to kim, kittybug, manleym, horusosiris, lavna, cataddict, and Garrie!!

Old 04-25-21, 12:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all!

Chele, way to go on finishing that rotation! I definitely benefited from your comments on the workouts. I also have enjoyed the variety of instructors from youtube -- honestly I like all three -- Caroline, Anna, Heather. I have noticed in Anna's instagram shots that her legs are now much more muscular than her before pictures -- it's kind of astounding. She must do heavy stuff for them at some point, right? Or maybe she builds muscle really easily. I also think her fact percentage is pretty low, so the muscles pop more.

I did the one hour "killer kettlebell hiit" workout this morning -- I think it was the same as you mentioned, but who knows? I really liked it and I think my body responds well to kettlebell work -- I feel like I should do it regularly and if I could find more workouts like this, I probably would. Linda, I was wondering, have you noticed a difference in your body/strength since picking up kettlebells?

Oh, before the real workout, my older son asked about doing yoga. I did not want to do yin with him again, so I talked him into a half hour of beginner. It was with Vytas and really basic, but boy it was hard for him. The cool thing is that he said "I can tell this is working stuff I never work and probably good for me." so I think he may try to do more with me. I hope so. I just need to find really easy stuff for him at first.

Seven hours of yard work, Chele! You must be sore!

Waves all around!
Old 04-25-21, 12:47 PM  
ChelePA

Fanofladyvols...yes, the new Rock Bottoms.

Bee...Anna was an avid Crossfitter. Taught classes etc. before Covid. She talks about how she always was too skinny. Learned how to change her diet and exercise routine to get those muscles!

Also Caroline has several kettlebell workouts. 2lazy4gym reviewed them all.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in