Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-21, 07:15 PM  
Mickey12

Fellow Watulans, I figured I better post even though I don’t have much to report. I have been walking at lunch for exercise because the weather has been so amazing this week. It’s sunny and 70’s or 80’s with no humidity. It’s glorious! Today was somewhat humid though. I had very loose plans to do some yoga in the evenings this week but that hasn’t happened. I have been tackling some new assignments at work and the extra thinking has me tired. It’s exhausting to have to think extra hard!

Hope every is well. Big hello to ChelePA! Sending prayers to you.
Old 05-20-21, 07:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Yesterday was FitSplit Boxing Bootcamp/Legs and Glutes. I "think" that's actually the name of the whole workout, not a specific premix but ? I did it "as is" for the first time since I used to double the cardio portion. I call this one the "bacon" workout since to me it sounds like they are saying "mmm, bacon" over and over again in the menu background music. Again, the warmup is waaaaay too long IMHO particularly since the cardio portion is pretty short, but I up the intensity early to compensate. Today was Strong Stacked Upper Body and I did the Extreme 8 premix. I go heavier than Cathe does in this workout, and I like this premix better than the "double it" one because I think the shoulders don't need another round. I'm actually looking forward to finishing this rotation. I feel so accomplished when it's done!

Kate, funny that you have been checking in more often when some of us haven't been lately! Glad you are doing so! I also prefer Crossfire over To The Max. CF is a great workout with so many options.

bee, you didn't say what you thought of Afterburn. I find those dragging pushup things tough. LOL confusing Crossfire and Afterburn---I mix up workouts that have similar names or "theme" like fire/burn. Hope you get your barn internet fixed soon. I'm pretty attached to my workout space, so I get it.

manleym, good to "see" you. Seems like several of us are busy, busy, busy lately. I haven't done the Boxing Bootcamp with legs and glutes first, I will have to try it.

Garrie, good to "see" you whenever you can post. I sometimes get so busy that I can barely keep up with one check in, I marvel at those who can even halfway keep up with two or more!

Waving to Kim, Nathalie, FN1, FOLV and horusosiris!

Miss you, Chele! Take care of yourself!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 03:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hellloooo Watulans! It's Friday but I just want this month and the entire month of June over and gone, and please take your stress with it, you months, thank you very much.

Sooo let's see, I've been enjoying Cathe's CTX and my week looked like this:
Sun: CTX Step and Intervals plus Upper Body Split (GRUELING upper body, OMG, but FUN step, love the music in this series!)
Mon: CTX Power Circuit plus Meaner Legs. Ouch. Holy moly. Just ouch!
Tues: CTX All Step plus Step Moves (Shock Cardio) which I just acquired and now am set on learning, as I had a few blip moments of WHAT is she doing, hah!
Weds: Inner Dimension 'Potential' with Lauren
Thurs: ICE Metabolic Total Body plus Blizzard Blast plus Core
Fri: Inner Dimension Level Up 108 Vitality (on the calendar anyway, haven't done it yet)

Horusosiris, you come on over and finish refinishing our cabinets for us, okay? I'm super sick of the mess, the dust, the stench, the disruption to my cooking process, EVERYTHING. This week has been awful.

Bee, yep, exactly with the oven thing, there was a LOUD pop, flash, smoke, circuit tripped, all of it. Scared the crap out of us! I had a guy come take a look at the oven first to make sure that was it and not something electrical, and when he pulled the circuit board out, it looked like a burned piece of toast, totally charred black. The new oven (and a few other things) are coming tomorrow. I can't wait to have an oven again!

Manleym and FOLV, now I want to look at the March 2021 rotation you all are talking about. With things so unsettled around here and potential jury duty next month though, I also kinda don't want to commit to anything. How sad is that? I'll have to see how things go. When are you all starting a new rotation?

Manleym, sorry for the crazy work....I'm right there with you!

Kim, I hear you on forgetting about subscriptions! I've only been good with this one because I made a vow to myself to get in longer yoga practices twice a week and it's helping so much. OH, can you send some deer our way? I LOVE deer! I just finally saw our first hummingbird of the season yesterday and was SO excited! We usually get a couple of them that get territorial with our patio due to our honeysuckle, feeders, and some other plants.

Nathalie, Sand and Paint Max is NO joke! That's a lot of work, sheesh! How's the new job?

KateTT, killing the workouts! How is the Kest teacher training going? Very intrigued on that!

Garrie, so good to 'see' you! I love, love, LOVE High Step Training too..it's like the Firm on crack to me for some reason!!

FN2, the 'mmm bacon' comment had me spitting water out on my keyboard! Now I have to revisit those workouts too so I can hear that! And yes, it does seem like a lot of us are busy busy busy busy.

ChelePA, I miss you and hope you're healing up well!

Good gracious this is a book and I have to run. My apologies to anyone I've missed....I am reading all of your posts but I get lost on catching up when I haven't posted in a while! Stay fierce, my friends!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 07:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans!

Today was Metabolic Total body. I did the premix that added the blizzard blast and went heavier than Cathe as I remembered her weights were a bit light for me. It's a solid workout! Tomorrow is the repeat of Lower Body Blast and I'm waffling over whether to do it again or substitute another lower body workout. I will probably do LBB again so as to Obey My Rotation.

Oh, we have 2 baby tomatoes on the plant on our balcony! They are really tiny, maybe 1/2 inch tops, but I'm thrilled since these are the first on this plant. Our weather is gradually getting warmer so hopefully there will be more soon. It's my one solace from stupid hot weather (of which I'm not a fan). The beans are really looking great! We need to thin them out very soon.

FN1, I "think" it's only the boxing workout on FitSplit that has the "bacon" song. Hang in there being crazy busy but don't wish time away!!

Quick check in (for me, anyway), cats are calling my name!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 08:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday! (well, what's left of it)

The bacon song! You crack me up, cataddict! I did not notice the song but now I want to stick that back in the player and listen for it! That was my workout today but I did weights first -- you are right, that warm up was waaaayyy too long! Ug. And by the time we got to the cardio I just wasn't feeling it but it's a good thing I stopped because.... the electrician showed up to fix our internet (really electric) problem. And now it's fixed. And at least I got some of the workout done.

Oh, Afterburn..... I think it's a good thing I picked that one with my sore upper body because it didn't bother me too much. I could not do those dragging pushups. I think I just held a forearm plank instead. I don't know why but I have just been wicked sore since the Stacked workout. I see it's on tap in one of the earlier weeks of the March rotation.

Oh, and manleym, I forgot to tell you that I really like that Hip Hugger pants pull up move in Stacked too. Part of me thinks I like it because it because maybe it's a little bit of a break.

kittybug, yep, our circuit board was all fried up, too. I think in the end the repair guys replaced a couple of things. We looked for a new oven, but in the end we decided to pay to have it repaired instead of replaced because it's an odd size and we couldn't find something we liked in the right size. It is definitely nice to have an oven I can use again, but I had PTSD for quite a while after that pop and smoke -- I was always afraid to turn on the oven. Oh, and..... you make me want to do CTX Step!

Kim, nice that you've been able to get out and enjoy the weather! Good luck with your work stuff.

Tomorrow I theoretically have Metabolic Total body on tap.... but I'll have less time in the morning and we'll just see if I get it done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-21-21, 11:57 PM  
ChelePA

This is ChelePA’s husband. I have been reading to her your kind words and well wishes. As you know the accident was quite serious. We have learned that the boy who crossed into her lane and hit her head on was driving over 60 mph. Double the speed limit. I had to go see the car and it was completely crushed. Feeling blessed beyond words. You all know how special Michele is. She continues to have a large frontal hematoma and bruised chest plus shoulder area. She is wearing her cervical collar for the fracture at c7. Her right knee is completely crushed with breaks in 5 different areas including the tibia fibula bones. She had her second surgery today to begin the rebuilding process. An external stabilizer is also in place. Her recovery will be 3-6 months. We know how difficult this will be for her. She loves to exercise and misses this group. She always shared how inspirational everyone was even through crazy times. I know she will be back and better than ever. The support from people she has never met in person amazes me. Cataddict’s gift today was perfect. It brought grateful tears to her eyes. Not only thinking of her but remembering her love of peanut butter. Now I know why she comes here daily I will try to update periodically and hopefully Michele will feel up to it soon. Thanks again!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 07:49 AM  
horusosiris

I want to thank Chel's husband for giving us an update. Yes, she has a long recovery ahead. I am wishing her a complete recovery and the strength and fortitude to endure everything that is ahead. I know she is grateful to have a caring husband and family. Chel has been a blessing to this group and I miss her encouraging words and her cheerful disposition. Yes, it is amazing how fulfilling a cyber friendship can be and I for one am grateful to her for her cyber friendship. My prayers and thoughts are with her and her family.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 08:32 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
This is ChelePA’s husband. I have been reading to her your kind words and well wishes. As you know the accident was quite serious. We have learned that the boy who crossed into her lane and hit her head on was driving over 60 mph. Double the speed limit. I had to go see the car and it was completely crushed. Feeling blessed beyond words. You all know how special Michele is. She continues to have a large frontal hematoma and bruised chest plus shoulder area. She is wearing her cervical collar for the fracture at c7. Her right knee is completely crushed with breaks in 5 different areas including the tibia fibula bones. She had her second surgery today to begin the rebuilding process. An external stabilizer is also in place. Her recovery will be 3-6 months. We know how difficult this will be for her. She loves to exercise and misses this group. She always shared how inspirational everyone was even through crazy times. I know she will be back and better than ever. The support from people she has never met in person amazes me. Cataddict’s gift today was perfect. It brought grateful tears to her eyes. Not only thinking of her but remembering her love of peanut butter. Now I know why she comes here daily I will try to update periodically and hopefully Michele will feel up to it soon. Thanks again!
Thank you so much for updating us! Your whole family is in all of our hearts and thoughts. Hang in there.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 10:53 AM  
horusosiris

Kittybug- I am on the way to assist with your home remodeling project. We can have a barbeque afterwards.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 02:22 PM  
Mickey12

Thanks so much to Chele’s husband for posting with an update. It brought tears to my eyes. We miss and love Chele so much!!!

Tags
watulan check-in