Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-15, 02:27 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I'm done online shopping until January. The delivery delays, screw-ups and lame excuses are too stressful!
Well, that resolve didn't last long. I had to order something for DH for Christmas!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 02:31 PM  
dakko

Quote:
Well, that resolve didn't last long. I had to order something for DH for Christmas!
I dunno... 5 hours of resolve is pretty good in my book. (thanks for the laugh, btw. sure felt good.)

Update: FedEx has handed my package off to USPS. sigh.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 04:35 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Out of 15 Amazon purchases since mid-November:
-- 1 was completely lost by USPS
-- 5 were sent back to Amazon after my address was "bad" but it's the same address I've had for many years, and of which dozens of other Amazon purchases have been sent; took 10 days to resolve with their customer service. They've now shipped, but the package's tracking hasn't been updated since last week.
-- 5 have yet to even ship out of Amazon's warehouse, where they have just been "waiting to ship" for 10 days
-- 4 arrived but after at least four days after the estimated delivery date

I need to remember to make all Amazon purchases by Halloween next year...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 04:37 PM  
sherry7899

Lori- wow that is a bad track record for Amazon! I am so sorry you have had so many problems.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 05:07 PM  
LoveVA

Lori-are you just having problems with Amazon deliveries or are other packages delayed for similar reasons?

If it is just Amazon and nothing else, email Jeff Bezos and see what happens. Apparently he actually reads customer complaints.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 05:36 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Yep, just Amazon and USPS. I need to remind myself to not choose free shipping anymore unless I have a month to wait for it...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 09:14 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

What's up with UPS?

There's something going on with UPS here in Calif. Several Amazon orders DH placed last week arrived belatedly today - delivered by two guys NOT in uniform, puloing packages out of a Budget rental van at 6pm this evening.

I didn't know Amazon uses UPS.

DH talked to the one delivery guy who just shook his head and said that they are so overloaded and understaffed he said "if you don't get a delivery by Friday this week, it will not come in time for Christmas".

WTH?
Old 12-09-15, 10:02 PM  
that_tori_girl

Quote:

Ontrac is the worst. He knows where we live. He only comes up here when he feels like it.

Grrrr....
Ontrac makes me rage. Amazon uses them a lot in my area. On the 3rd lost delivery courtesy of them, I think Amazon finally took my request to NEVER USE THEM AGAIN when shipping my packages seriously.

Now most my 2 day Prime shipped packages arrive via USPS. But, again, much like you, I've learned my lesson and just won't order anything this time of year.
Old 12-09-15, 11:02 PM  
sherry7899

The two day Priority Mail package that was sent from Minnesota on 12/4 finally arrived in Rochester, NY tonight! I live in central NJ....there isn't a delivery date listed yet. I hope to see the package this weekend. I am very glad it didn't get lost.
A sweet VF'er handmade something for me, and I'd feel terrible if that package got lost.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 11:47 PM  
dakko

That is good news! I'm so happy for you, Sherry.

My package made it to my local post office. It should be delivered tomorrow. (knock on wood)
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
online shopping, shipping, usps