Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-15, 06:34 AM  
sherry7899

Is anyone else's mail/package delivery messed up lately?

Our regular paper mail is fine, (of course bills arrive on time!) but it seems like many of our packages are getting delayed. A sweet VF'er sent me a package that was at our sorting facility for two days (ten minutes from our house), then left the sorting facility, and then got sent back there! Another package through USPS that was supposed to arrive Saturday had the same thing happen.

I was also expecting a Fed Ex package on Saturday. It did not arrive. The tracking information says " a delivery date cannot be determined at this time." It has been in my state since Friday. The tracking information has not been updated since Saturday. I hope it gets updated today.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 06:50 AM  
little bird

Quote:
" a delivery date cannot be determined at this time."
That sounds scary! I moved recently, I received a package from Fed Ex that had to be rerouted from my old address. The package looked like it had been in an accident! I asked the carrier what happened. I told him the package looked like it had been in an accident . I thought about calling to complain but decided I could use that time to do something constructive instead.

I had an Amazon package that was texted to me as delivered at 1015 on Saturday by USPS. I was home and know that it was not delivered. I went to Amazon and noted that I could not find it. It showed up in my mailbox 4 days later. I think some postal workers post packages as delivered to meet some quota or something (guessing). I had the same thing happen years ago that was posted as delivered and showed up in my mailbox 2 weeks later.
Old 12-07-15, 07:09 AM  
Lannette

I've had a couple packages go through the same convoluted process you describe. One was Fedex and the other UPS. I have no idea why. Other similar packages were delivered normally during that same time period.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 07:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I ordered a book from Amazon - a 1 click order, and I have Prime, so you know they have my correct address - we order from them a lot. A day later I got a shipping notice, and then another day later I got a refund notice for the purchase. It said something like "the package was not deliverable as addressed". Go figure???

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 07:30 AM  
sherry7899

Carol- that happened to me also!

Old 12-07-15, 07:36 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Carol- that happened to me also!
Really?? Did you ever figure out why?

Carol
Old 12-07-15, 07:50 AM  
sherry7899

Amazon claimed there was a "computer glitch." They sent out another copy of the book and it arrived on time.

Old 12-07-15, 07:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Amazon claimed there was a "computer glitch." They sent out another copy of the book and it arrived on time.
Did you have to re-order or did they catch it themselves?

Carol
Old 12-07-15, 07:53 AM  
sherry7899

I had to notify them about the problem and then they sent out another one at no charge.

Old 12-07-15, 09:00 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Yes, I had a certified USPS package that took 8 days instead of the 4. It just sat at one location for days.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
online shopping, shipping, usps