Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-14, 03:08 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Unhappy Learn from my mistake folks

ALWAYS buy package insurance when you ship out your trade dvds, most especially if you are trading an expensive set. I have learned the hard way that trying to save a couple bucks can lead to an expensive loss.

I sent out my complete STS system in a trade for another set and somehow the package was intercepted and Meso 1 was stolen (but for some reason the perpetrator chose to repackage and send on the other two Meso's ). The envelope that arrived to my trading partner was a completely different envelope with handwriting that most definitely wasn't mine. Also, the tracking number apparently shows that the package wasn't delivered, even though she got the tampered with one. I always thought the package insurance was an unnecessary upsell from the post office since I had never had anything happen. Well, now I did. Expensive lesson learned! We are undoing the trade and now I'm left with an incomplete STS system to trade. Phooey.

Has anyone else had theft occur with the postal service? The naïve eternal optimist in me has died a little.
Old 02-12-14, 03:16 PM  
intelsana

That's crazy! Have you tried to contact the postal service anyway and file a complaint?
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 03:18 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Wow! I'm so sorry that happened, for both your sakes. Definitely tell the post office; they need to know.

Our old property manager would sign for packages and then take them. She'd pretend to lose them and she had such a bumbling way about her that it fooled everybody for a long time. But nobody will reimburse you for a package that was signed for. Among other things, she took my (very heavy prescription) $300 contact lenses before she was fired for writing personal checks with the community's check book. They were useless to most people. I always wondered what she did with those contacts, like, did she have a tiny bit of guilt about taking them.
Old 02-12-14, 03:18 PM  
edensmom

Oh wow that is awful!! I am so sorry to hear this.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 03:19 PM  
Fit Gal

That is terrible
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 03:22 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sorry this happened to you. Someone actually opened your package, repackaged it, and paid to send it on?? That's some thief!
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 03:23 PM  
LoveVA

That really stinks. Definitely tell the Post Office!

So far, I've never had anything stolen from the postal system.

ETA: So much for my naive assumption that a tracking # on a package would signal to someone that a package was being watched as it travelled through the postal system, thereby making it less likely to be tampered with at all.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 03:24 PM  
marmact

I'm so sorry, Colleen!! That stinks. I would definitely see about filing a complaint, especially since the tracking shows the original package did NOT reach the recipient. I'm not sure they could do anything for you if you don't have insurance, but maybe?
Old 02-12-14, 03:26 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Don't the new flat rate priority boxes/envelopes include insurance? It might only be around $50 or so, but better than nothing, and I believe you can buy more. Your situation is so odd though. It seems in most cases, it's tough to make a case.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 03:27 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda H View Post
Sorry this happened to you. Someone actually opened your package, repackaged it, and paid to send it on?? That's some thief!
That makes no sense to me at all, either. I can't imagine anyone doing that.

Tags
package insurance, usps