Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-21, 07:21 PM  
nevertoolate

Silver & Fit with KCM & others

Is anyone here familiar with Silver & Fit? It's a fitness program for older adults. It's for Medicare beneficiaries and is often a free benefit with many insurance plans. Anyway, for those of us eligible for such a benefit I thought I'd pass this on.

They have a home fitness program where you can get free exercise dvds. Some that I ordered were kind of slow and not very interesting. However, I ordered one listed as "cardio & strength" and another "cardio pump" and they turned out to be Angie Miller's Cardio & Strength Training Workout for Seniors and Kelly Coffey Meyer's Cardio Pump! I also got Scott Cole's Tai Chi for Balance & Mobility and KCM's Lean Body Circuits and Strength & Stamina.

They aren't listed by the instructors' names on the Silver & Fit site, so I had no idea what was coming. Other titles include Cardio Blast, Circuit Burn, Cardio Quick Fix, High Intensity Bootcamp, Your Best Body, and others. They also have some barre and yoga dvds.

Anyway, I just thought I'd pass this on, just in case any of you on here are (ahem!) past a certain age and interested in these...

Yours in fitness and health.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 09:29 PM  
bubbles76

Thank you so much!!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 10:18 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks for mentioning this. I found their youtube channel: Silver&Fit Program

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 10:59 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I found Keli Roberts has done some of the workouts. https://www.youtube.com/user/silvera...rch?query=Keli

Madeleine Lewis is on here, too. https://www.youtube.com/user/silvera...uery=Madeleine

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 07:11 AM  
alisoncooks

What an awesome perk! I bet many people don't take advantage of it.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 01:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i went to the silver and fit website and apparently, the minimum age is 65.

here's the website - you check for eligibility, but it didn't tell me why i was ineligible, so i googled, and saw that 65 was the minimum age. the good news is that the health plan i am in participates, so someday i will join.

https://www.silverandfit.com/

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver and fit