Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-21, 05:33 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Rain, rain go away! It has been pouring since yesterday afternoon and is still going. I try to look at the positive - I don't have to turn on my sprinklers and save money that way!

Yesterday I was absolutely pooped but I did manage to do a Karen Voight stretch (the name escapes me!). I'm trying to plan my next workout rotation, most likely beginning on August 1 (Sunday). I want to incorporate Body Electric, yoga, a lot of bike riding.

Our contractor is finishing up but he just texted us. His entire family is sick so he'll be back on Monday. We had a team of 3 guys up until yesterday with the crew chief coming back today, finishing up. It's not a problem. They've been wonderful and you have to take care of your family.

Pat - yup, puppy pooped a popsicle stick! He is a 95 pound lab, 18 months old, and STILL a chew monster. Thankfully he loves his crate because when they're not home, he cannot be out and about. They would have no furniture. He would literally eat ANYTHING! A real PSA for adopting older dogs - skip the puppy phase!

Donna - I always have a tight neck and traps. Lots of self-massage using a foam roller, balls, whatever. I have a TENS machine that helps as well. Used that on my DH yesterday and it is helping with his injury as well.

Summer Breeze - a salt water pool? Sounds heavenly! I hope you could share happy memories with you SIL. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Well, that's about it for me today. Have a great day everyone!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Lively Ladies - 20 Min Energizing Low Impact Cardio - this is funny b/c i picked this one out of her vast # of workouts and it turned out to be one that I had done previously. Anyway, it was a good workout. I like her - she is a bit like Pahla but lower key. She also includes a warm-up and cool down that is more complete than Pahla's so her 20 min workouts are about 35 min. This one had 20 moves, no repeat, 45 sec on/15 sec rest - although you could shorten the rest period by jumping into the next exercise while Trish was demonstrating it. I will definitely do more from this channel and hopefully not the same one again, LOL. She seems to be increasing her production with several a week. They are low key - filmed in her home in Ireland, I believe. She had some walking, some cardio, some weights/circuits - all seem to be at a "moderate" level.

Jessica Valent - Gentle Full Body Stretch - this was a new stretch from Jessica.

Diane - I just love KV - she is so elegant. I'm glad the contractor was in touch w/ you - my experience has been they just don't show up - no call, no explanation...

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pat!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!!! I'm so happy this week is drawing to a close. It was so heavy on so many levels.

Yesterday I did KCM's Muscle Up, workout 2 (lower body and arms). It was good and tough but doable. I turned to YouTube for a little something for the 20 Instructors in 20 Days challenge only to discover my wifi is out. There was a two hour hold time so I'll have to deal with that after work.

Diane, would you believe I've never tried a Karen Voight workout? The stretching one seems to be a VF fave. I want to incorporate some more of Margaret's workouts in August, too. At least one per week.

Donna, when you mentioned Trish of Lively Ladies is filming from her home in Ireland, I finally checked out the channel. I'll be doing more of her workouts for sure! I am Irish American and my grandparents were not far removed from the homeland, so she feels like family already.

Good morning Summer Breeze!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Pat - I am half Irish! I really like the Lively Ladies channel - although I think I have only done 2 workouts - one I did 2x! LOL!

Donna
Old 07-30-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Pahla B Tone Up Build Strength

I don't do Pahla's workouts too often, though I enjoy them a lot, but I had done this one not that long ago. LOL. It's a good one though. I did do some swimming in SIL's pool the other day. It was a delightful day and we had a good time. I got caught in that horrendous downpour last night on my way home from dinner with friends.
I am planning a walk today and a visit with my sister.

DIANE, nice job fitting in a stretch. I like the looks of your August plan. Hope hubby is feeling better. Thanks for the hugs. We had a nice visit with SIL.

DONNA, oh Lively Ladies sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing what your plan for August looks like. The 7K steps does sound more doable and still effective. Thanks for the hugs.

PAT, nice workouts. I wore Tracey Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt dvd out I used it so much back in the day. It's a goodie! The saltwater pool really is rave-worthy! So clean and no chemical smell. I hope to fit some MR back into my routine as well. Hope the vision is improving.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk (morning)
28 minute outdoor walk (evening)

Yesterday was a good walking day. I am planning another walk for today. We're having some good walking weather here right now. Tomorrow who knows? My sister invited me to her community pool today but I'm not really feeling it's a pool day. It's lovely and in the 70s but there are many other things I could be doing in that weather.

Waves to all !! Have a great day!
Old 08-01-21, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk
120 kettlebell swings

Probably/hopefully another walk today. Quiet here. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Have a great day!
Old 08-01-21, 04:54 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Sorry to be MIA, the last two days:

Saturday - Jane Adams - Morning Yoga and outdoor walking (we went to the
zoo - )

Sunday - Jenny Ford - March Across America # 2 - Ohio; Jane Adams - Core Practice

Not much else going on - trying to re-group before the week kicks off tomorrow.

I see Jessica Valent has changed up her calendar - it looks like she is making strength training more of a priority/focus. Her new calendar looks like this:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Steady State Cardio
Wed - Arms
Thurs - Intervals & Core
Friday - Mobility/Injury Prevention
Sat - Pilates

I may follow along w/ her this month - truthfully I do need to do more strength training....

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!!

Donna
Old 08-02-21, 07:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Decided to try Jessica's calendar for this month - at least to start the month off!

Today was Leg Day - so it was her Full Body Sculpt w/ Weights - this was definitely lower body focused, but there was some upper body and core in there as well. It was challenging. Jessica used a 15 lb kbell. I started w/ my 8 lb kbell and dropped down to my 5 lb kbell. You can use a single weight instead - so no need for a kbell. She also used a step bench for some exercises. It was all straightforward and definitely modifiable - and I modified!

I think these workouts are ultimately good for me b/c I do need to focus more on strength for healthy aging.

This one is definitely one I can grow w/ over time.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
Old 08-02-21, 09:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I'm planning another walk for today.

DONNA, looks like a good plan to follow. Nice workouts for the weekend. The zoo sounds like fun too.

Waves PAT & DIANE!

Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx