Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-21, 06:32 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone!

I'm still here! I've been very busy at work and at the end of the day, I just want to crash in front of the TV! I'm on vacation starting this Friday. I was supposed to take 3 weeks but I think I'll only take 2. We have an audit in September and I'm stressed that we won't be ready in time.

This weekend, we had our annual gathering with my family where we rent a cottage in a national park. We had a great time, the weather was nice and we all had fun!

Stay fierce Watulans!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 08:31 PM  
Mickey12

Hi Nathalie! Thanks for checking in. I totally get that feeling of just wanting to crash on the couch. I've been doing it a lot more than I care to admit.

Yes, Linda, your hiking does sound fantastic. I'm glad you're training for something fun and that your husband is joining you in the training.

Manley I wish I could join in the Olympics conversation. I usually watch them but this year I just haven't been in the mood. I especially enjoy the human interest stories to get a feel for the athletes and their families.

Enjoy those veggies, Cataddict, yum! My husband surprised me last week and brought home 3 quarts of raspberries from a local farm. They, along with blueberries, are my favorite and I devoured them! We have four blueberry bushes in the back yard and they have been producing berries like crazy this year. A local farmer on the news said it's a great year for berries because of the humidity, heat and rain we've had.

Yesterday and today I went for a walk at lunch. Tonight I also did a fifty cent VHS that I got at the thrift store. Suzanne Deason Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss. It looked vaguely familiar, filmed in beautiful Sedona, Arizona with the red rock formations in the background. I have a feeling a part of it is on a compilation yoga DVD I have from Gaiam since they're famous for doing that. The workout was basically just nice stretches and easy variations of poses. It was a nice way to end the day.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 07-28-21, 11:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Just a short post today.

FoLV/MamaW - Kudos on your hiking training! Do you need to brush up on map skills, or is the hike well-marked?

manleym - Glad the hip flexor is on the mend!

bee - I'm not much for camping. Our travel trailer is a close as it gets. I do love to watch the YT videos with multi-day hikes with camping.

Workouts: On Monday, I did a Leslie 4-miler. On Tuesday, I had my GYN exam and my doc gave me a pneumonia vaccine. I wasn't planning on that! Being a Watulan, I came home and did Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body workout.

Waves to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 11:50 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey all!!! Days are slightly less busy but yet they seem to fly by! Sometimes it seems like I'm just going through the motions. Still no word on when Justin will get surgery for the cancer. But at least I still have my workouts!! Keeps me sane I tell ya!

Mixing things up a little this week. And no Cathe!
Monday I did LMOD Body Pump 114. I got behind on some of the new Pumps. Good as usual and the reps!!
Yoga was a freebie on YouTube from Travis Slow Flow Yoga. Super nice!!

Tuesday was LMOD Body Combat 86. I missed this one somehow! Great BC with some really cool virtual instructors. LM manages to keep things fresh even during a pandemic.
Yoga was Maya Fiennes' Journey thru the Chakras Courage. Kundalini Yoga sent to me by a certain lovely VFer. I had not done Kundalini for ages. It felt really good.

Today I did Hammer & Chisel and Autumn's Chisel Balance + ISO Strength. I had this set ages ago, didn't like it but then got it back (thanks for the trade!). Although they are supposed to be total body, it hits the legs and glutes a lot. And yet I am feeling it everywhere.
These are short so I'll be putting two together for a longer workout for me. I am also going to do my own rotation doing Autumn's workouts one day and Sagi's the other.
I like them MUCH better this time around. I really don't know why I didn't like them before???

Vintage VFer: Hope you've been able to get some sleep! I thank my lucky stars that my sleep is pretty good despite menopause. Sure hope your eye gets better. Yikes!
You met Gilad? Swoon. Nice picture. And he touched you! Swoon. ;-)

Kittybug: I did ask for an extension if possible. October sounds far away but I know it will come fast.
Hope you're feeling better.

cataddict: Oooh more Cathe Live. Not ready to commit to a new subscription but if I do, it will be Live.
My garden is struggling. We are now in an extreme drought! My grass is brown and crunchy, my flowers look weak and I have to constantly water my new trees and garden. All while trying to conserve water.

bee: Bob's workouts are brutal hard!! You did amazing!!

Linda: CUTE avatar. And thanks again for the trades.

Waves and hugs to everyone else! You know you are FIERCE! Why deny it?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 12:21 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday!

Lavna- Enjoy your well-deserved vacation.

Manelym- I have been watching the Olympics. I generally watch track and field, gymnastics and swimming. Simone Biles is having a rough time and I wish her well. I am sure she was disappointed that she had to drop out but her well-being is the most important thing. Great job on the 20 instructors in 20-day rotation.

Kim and Manelym, FLOV- I have been to Nashville and I really enjoyed my stay.

Mickey- I love just about any berry although strawberries are my absolute favorite.

Kate- I love Sagi workouts in H+C but not so much Autumn. I wanted to do Autumn’s program, Control Freak but I just could not take her incessant chatter.

Linda- I love to hike too! DH and I often go hiking. In order for me to enjoy hiking, I had to get over all of the forced hikes we had to go on in the army.

Cataddict
- Yes to the East Coast! Virginia is beautiful!

Bee- At one time I did Bob Harper’s workouts a lot. I love doing rotations where I mix in a variety of instructors. Another check in was doing 20 instructors in 20 days and I thought it was a good idea so I began doing it last week. So far I have done Millionaire Hoy, Suzanne Bowen, Deluglio- AOS, Marcus Martinez and Staehle.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 12:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

It's Thursday!

Kate - Waiting for doctors to schedule surgeries is the worst. Fingers-crossed that you get word soon!

I don't care for Autumn. I didn't like Sagi at first and then he grew on me.

Horusosirus - The DH was in the Marines and told me about the forced marches. I can't even imagine doing that.

Workouts - On Wednesday, I was feeling tired and just did some foam rolling and stretching to my current favorite soundtrack album, "Our Man Flint" (1966) by Jerry Goldmith. It has a 60's jazzy, bossa nova vibe.

Oh, speaking of music, do you Cathe fans remember her CD of workout music, "Cathe Vol. 1?" I had bought it at a convention. I think it is mostly music from the Body Blast series. I don't know if there was ever a Vol. 2.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 12:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Here's what I've done since I last posted, workout-wise: Cathe Live #214 Total Body Giant Sets 2 & #337 Cardio Kickboxing Mashup. Today I finish up the CL rotation with Super Sets.

Quicky post since I've actually gotten the declutter bug this week and have some projects while I still have the motivation!

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 03:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All..... cataddict, I'm envious of your declutter bug! You go!!

horusosiris, I saw that 20 instructors check in and that's what I was trying to do as well. I'm not sure what my count is at this point but I think I may give up on the idea because I'm starting to nearly spend more time searching for videos rather than do them. I'm driving myself crazy!!! I do much better when Cathe or someone tells me what to do for a few weeks. I'm starting to think I may do walking and yoga for a while, with just a little bit of weight work and one intense cardio thrown in a week. Well, that's what I'm thinking...... who knows!

Yesterday I started The Firm Get Chisle'd (however funny way they spell it). I did not quite all of it and was just bored out of my mind, so I did one of Lauren's SUATs (thank you for the idea, MamaW!). Today I walked with my friend. Oh! The other day I went walking in the redwoods -- a paid park near here with pretty big (I guess they'd be "giant") redwoods and the ranger pointed out an albino redwood! Who knew there was such a thing?! He said there's a clump of about five of them that are 12' tall but of course he wouldn't say where they were because I'm sure they're afraid people will damage them.

BabyW, I do remember that Cathe compilation of music. I did not buy it. Funny about Volume 2 -- I'm betting it doesn't exist.

Kate, fingers crossed that you will get a surgery date soon. Keep sane (and fierce)!

Kim, I am envious of your blueberries! I have been buying them at the farmer's market every week. Love them!

Ok, waves all around......
Old 07-30-21, 08:09 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

FoLV/MamaW - Kudos on your hiking training! Do you need to brush up on map skills, or is the hike well-marked?
Alta I can't climb my way out of a paper bag so I have to hike with others. Now, if you want to walk a mall, I'm your gal. I can be in a mall once and remember everything. My husband is totally disoriented. He is the one who can read a map. Then on my big hike I am going with friends who have hiked the trail before. If I went alone, the park rangers would earn their pay and it might make the news: "Woman seen screaming scaring wildlife walking in circles 10 feet from trail"

horusosiris it would be very hard to find a joy in hiking after endless marches. The views here are definitely a motivation. My husband has to reel me in to enjoy them so I don't have a death march pace (as he puts it!)

bee I would love to see the redwoods. That is on my bucket list! I never knew there were albino trees. I like your workout plan btw.

Kate praying for that surgery date.

Kim I love raspberries! You reminded me of a scene that is in Godfather 2 (I think). Vito brings his wife a pear and she acts like it's the golden goose. Go to 3 min mark https://youtu.be/IeDV0rxBq9E And is that Deason workout on her lower body conditioning DVD? I have that DVD is why I am asking.

lavna worrying about work during vacy is a no no. Maybe you could take the other week off after the project is done?

cataddict please post what you declutter I always get ideas and motivation from hearing what others do.

Yesterday was the first Cathe workout I have done all month. I looked at my board and said oh I have to do a Cathe at least once! So I pulled out a few and finally settled on High step training and did the cardio only premix. Good quick little booty kicker in 23 minutes! And for some reason, my feet don't fit on my high step to jump on at once. Either they're too big or I have to use too wide of a stance to jump on. I also notice that I can straddle hop no problem but quick feet with the high step is awkward. So I'm thinking I have a wide stance.

Happy Friday Watulans!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 10:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh wow, Linda/Mama...... my plan was to do High Step Training today. But, I was foiled! Hubby got up at 3:45 to head out fishing. That of course wakes me up and I usually go back to sleep for a while. This morning one of the dogs got skunked (would not have happened on my watch!) so there had to be a shower which I got up and helped with. I eventually fell back asleep until 7:40!! Unheard of for me. At any rate, that left no time to work out. I may do it tomorrow morning but Saturday is my day of less time so I may have to pick something shorter.

You crack me up with your hiking paragraph!!

Hope everyone else had a "fun Friday" in their own way. I did see a friend I haven't seen in a while and that did me a world of good.

Tags
watulan check-in