Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-21, 07:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

30 minute outdoor walk

I wasn't going to go for a walk yesterday but my kids wanted to go after dinner so I went with them. Still hot but bearable. I think today I'll do an indoor workout.

DONNA, good job with the stretch. Now that you mention it, I've been feeling very tired the past few days too. Barely can keep my eyes open in the evening. Not that I sleep good through the night. I thought it was the heat catching up with me. Add to that your stress and worry.

PAT, sorry about your BIL. I hope your eye situation improves.

Hi DIANE.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I slept better last night so I generally feel better today-

Today's workout was:

CocoLime - Iso Shaped Total Body (20 min) this was some isometric and body weight type exercises with stretching in between. I also added on her Relaxing Stretch from her MITFIT 90 series. That one had a lot of good stretches for the neck which is what I need - my neck and trapezius muscles are so tight. I thought being off work would help, but I think sitting in the car for travel was not great for them either.

Summer Breeze - maybe it is the dog days of summer fatigue setting in for all of us?

Pat - I hope all is well on your end.

Waves, Diane!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 10:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Back to the office, sigh. Yesterday I stepped out of my comfort zone and did KCM's Muscle Up, workout 1.

Good news - I think there is some improvement in my vision. The disturbing light refraction seems to be faded. Knock on wood!

Thanks for the hugs re: my BIL. Honestly, no one is surprised. That old adage about how if the wife dies in a long-term marriage, the husband is not far behind, is true in this case. He is 80, and had a long life, healthy for most of it, a beautiful wife, and three loving, successful children. What more could a man ask for?

Everyone make it a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 05:46 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

This has been a very unproductive week work out wise. Sigh.... Super busy with the contractors but my porch is turning out beautiful, which makes me so happy! It will now be a 3-4 season porch, which suits our cats much better!

I'm caring for my neighbor's two dogs. One is an old guy and the other is an 18 month old Lab. So this morning, the Lab was really trying to poo without any luck and then started to scoot. I decided to take a look at his hind quarters and, lo and behold, he was pushing out a popsicle stick, which I removed! He's still a pup so those of us who have dogs know they will eat anything! Thankfully they get home this morning.

I'm trying to get back on the workout plan - any plan right now. Biking has been great but now DH has an injury, looks like really sore shin splints. He's a runner but, at 65 almost 66, I think it's too much every other day. So, this was not unexpected. I'm forcing him to take a few days off because when you don't you're sunk! I don't even want him biking - total and complete rest.

Other than dog walking and cleaning, I've done zilch. I'm sure once the porch is done (looks like Friday), my routine won't be disrupted any longer.

Pat - I'm so, so sorry about your BIL. My cousin passed last November from Covid (she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building did not). She married her high school sweetheart when she was 16 and passed at 67. Not a shot-gun wedding I may add! But now their daughter tells me he's losing his will to live. So, so sad. I hope your BIL passes peacefully with his loved ones there to help him cross. Sending you hugs for your broken heart and your continued eye surgery recovery.

Summer Breeze - San Diego is incredible. If only we kept our house there as we could never afford to buy another there. We were young, our careers dictated where we lived for work and SD was running dry for DH. Sigh.... I gotta play the lottery!

Donna - Glad your sleep is getting back on track. It's such a struggle - menopause completely changed me from a great sleeper to mediocre at best!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 08:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I needed a gentle, stretchy day - my upper body was so sore from Monday's KCM workout.

~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ Staycation Yoga Stretch Yin Yoga by our own Toaster (YogiBethC)
~ 5,800 steps

The yin yoga was nice, using a chair as a prop with some great upper body and side body stretching.

Diane, good to hear the deck is turning out well. Always a gamble with contractors! Good luck to your DH.

Morning to all!
Old 07-28-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am running late as per usual these days!

Today I was feeling a bit more energetic so I did:

- Caroline Jordan - Daily Weight Loss workout - this was 10 exercises done for 50 seconds/10 seconds rest. It was body weight that was done at a sufficient pace to get sweaty.

- CocoLime Fitness - Beginner Hip Hop dance workout - this served as a good cool down from Caroline's workout. It could also have been done as a warm-up to it.

- Caroline Jordan - Neck Stretches for Neck Pain relief - still dealing w/ pain in my neck and traps. It is on my right side which is my tight side. I'm much more used to dealing w/ lower back and hip pain so it is a bit challenging for me to find things that work for me for this area of the body.

Pat - nice job - how is your vision? It is also nice to see you!!

Glad the work is coming along, Diane! I have the opposite problem, a DH I can't motivate to exercise.

Waves, Summer Breeze.

Take care everyone -

Donna
Old 07-28-21, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

I had some errands during the day yesterday and it was so hot outside that I didn't do any exercise at all until my walk after dinner. It was actually quite lovely by then. We're going to visit my SIL today and she has an incredible salt water pool so hopefully I'll get some swimming in. This is DH's older sister and we used to go visit her every summer so this will be a bittersweet visit for all of us.

DONNA, glad you got some good sleep. That makes a big difference. I hope your neck issue improves.

PAT, great news on the eye situation *knock wood*. Nice stretch too.

DIANE, so good to hear the porch is coming along so well. Nice of you to watch your neighbor's dogs. I don't have pets so I'm not familiar with their antics but I think you deserve some sort of reward for removing the popsicle stick!

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 06:46 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

I really shouldn't be posting because I haven't been doing ANY workouts this week. I feel like a poser!

Slept poorly last night so today is another wasted day. When I'm really tired, working out - for me - feels like it's an invitation to injury. Nevertheless, I wanted to stop in and say hi!

Summer Breeze - LOL! Yes, the popsicle stick was a first for me. Usually you see these things in their poop. I'm just glad it wasn't splintered. That can spell big trouble intestines! Speaking to my neighbor yesterday, this pup will eat anything! Sitting right in front of me, he began chewing on the arm of the lawn chair - and he has his adult teeth!

Donna - well, DH has listened to my warnings and has been resting, icing, elevating, etc. I'm glad he loves running (always has since I met him 40 years ago) but even though we feel young, our bodies, like cars, suffers wear and tear. Better to be on the safe side!

Pat - Thank you about the porch. It's truly amazing the work they've done. The builder just didn't do the job I had hoped and we had to wait and plan to do this. I'm so happy!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'll be back on track soon enough but, first, more coffee!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 08:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did:

CocoLime - Tone and Stretch # 1 - this was a 30 min body weight/isometric type workout - it was good for my non-existent energy and motivation level!

Sunday starts a new month - and I'm hoping to be more active in August. I want to achieve 7K steps per day. I remember reading somewhere that 7-8K steps per day provides the health benefits and there is no real need to do more - for health - since my job is so sedentary and working from home has made it even more so - I figure 7K is reasonable whereas 10K will be stressful. For this "challenge" it doesn't matter how the 7K is achieved - through formal exercise or just misc. meandering around the house - it will mean I'm being more active and that is the goal. Work is so busy right now it is very hard for me to get up and move and then the more you sit the more you want to sit - this week it has been pretty much going from bed - to desk chair - to dinner table - to couch. NOT GOOD.

Workout wise I'm not sure what I want to do for August. Pahla will start a new playlist for the month on Sunday. Jessica Valent will have a new calendar. I was also thinking of becoming a patreon for Caroline Jordan - for $5 a month you get a monthly workout calendar of her You Tube videos. I'm not a huge fan of her cardio stuff but I do like her strength and functional/PT type stuff so that may be a possibility. I also have some Gilad workouts....basically anything that will motivate me is on the table!

Diane - you can always post - workouts optional! LOL! I'm glad your DH is listening to you. When I used to run I would get shin splints occasionally - very painful! OMG - I have a Golden that I got as a puppy - she definitely ate some questionable things.

Summer Breeze - I hope you had a nice day visiting w/ your SIL ((HUGS))

Wave, Pat!

Take care everyone -

Donna
Old 07-29-21, 09:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Thursday! Yesterday featured:

~ 20 butt bridges
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt, Oblique & Buns Sculpt
~ 6,000 steps

Wow the Tracey routine really kicks you in the saddlebag area, it burned more than Margaret in less time. I subbed a 2 pound Danskin mini ball for squeezing behind the knee, because the Pilates ball always pops out.

Donna, good to hear you are a little more energetic. Good luck with your neck tightness problem. Rodney Yee has a desk yoga on YT, I think around 6 minutes, that helps me out.

Summer Breeze, did you get to swim in the saltwater pool? I've never been in one, but my co-worker raves about hers.

Diane - okay, wait a minute - I missed that the puppy pooped a popsicle stick? OMG. Sorry to laugh - good thing it did not splinter him. I've seen kittens at Christmas time with a ribbon hanging out, but a popsicle stick is a first!

Good morning to anyone who joins us today.

Tags
jim fixx