Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-21, 07:00 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I spent a lot of time over the weekend working to clean/organize the house (I still have several boxes to go through). The days of summer are winding down and soon I'll have to focus more of my attention on work. I will say that I've made enough progress that I'm fairly confident that I can finally finish this process before school starts, so I'm glad about that!

Saturday I did CH Elite Rope & Ride and some of Wild Horse to make it to over 10,000 steps before midnight.

Yesterday I still felt annoyed about the contentious meeting on Friday, so I took a 34 minute walk around my yard to process my annoyance and try to let it go. There are lots of trees and a creek back there, and nature tends to have a calming effect, so I did feel better when I came back in the house. Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your walk, kb swings, and swimming at the pool. Sounds like it was a really fun day with family! And I appreciate your other comments.

Penguin - Great job with the workouts. It was rude of the person at your mom's church to say something about her looking old! The friend that I was commenting on tends to change up her look (different hair, makeup, style) every few weeks and has encouraged me to experiment more. I can barely keep up with the look that I have , so I haven't been very interested in randomly changing things up. It's so awesome that you donate baby items, and that you'll be able to visit the boutique where your things are displayed! Looking forward to hearing about how the tour goes!

Waves to All!
Old 07-26-21, 07:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

39 minute outdoor walk

The very high humidity is back after a little break and I'm DONE! I can feel it already so I'll probably just do something indoors today.

PENGUIN, just reading about that walking workout has me stumbling. LOL. Even Leslie has been known to trip me up.
Good job though. And that's wonderful about touring the baby boutique and donating so many things! Hope hubby and dad feel better soon.

CAMBET, great job reaching your step totals every day. A walk always makes me feel calmer afterwards. What a great feeling getting your house organized. I need to do that but just can't seem to get started

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 08:27 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, My look is pretty boring, wash and wear pixie, no makeup, boring pants and colorful tees, and usually the only jewelry is my wedding ring. I've actually got 3 of them. The real one is a Tiffany setting with 5 emeralds running across the band, the next is the fake ring I bought it at TJMaxx for $40 but its 'white gold with Pave diamonds and looks very fancy and expensive, its fooled jewelers, and the last is a thin gold band with two tiny diamonds and a small garnet. This is the one I wear camping, Hubby actually found it in a parking lot, no one claimed it so he gave it to me. I wear a size 10 ring so I was astonished when it fit. When I was younger I liked to experiment and change things up but I never went to crazy.

SB, Hubby went back to work today. He has a very strong allergy to seafood, I can't even eat it with him, just the smell sets him off, so he thinks he got some fishiness is some fried rice that someone else ordered for him. Dad I'm not so sure but we are going over there this Wed so I'm sure he's feeling better. My general lack of co ordination is why I do so many walking workouts but I can usually layer something new on something I already know after a few tries. I think its funny that so many of the instructors I enjoy don't talk at all.

Today I started with Oliva Lawson's 20m LB HIIT. I wanted to try one of her strength workouts after liking her walking workouts. I didn't see the "hiit' in the title until after we started, but I modified everything down to low impact, so that fixed that!:P Then I moved on to Improved Health. She's putting out a lot of workouts these days so I can always rely on her to have something new. {I have no idea what her name is} I started with 20m walk Day 2 series2 and finished with 20m Gentle walk for Seniors which was about my speed for the end of this week. I'm so thankful that this is our Friday.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 06:55 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Well, I got back to my "serious" workouts yesterday morning. I did KCM Muscle Up: Lift 2B Fit. I did the 49-min premix with 2 sets of each exercise and mostly followed her rep count, though I would add on extra reps here and there. Felt good! I tacked on the 10-Min Dance Walk from JS's 10 Min Quick Walk Mix. Last night, I did CH: Country Swing and tacked on some of CH Elite: Wild Horse to make it to 10,000 steps before midnight. The CH part was barefoot and very light movement, just to make the step count (I don't even think that I broke a sweat).

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk, in spite of the very high humidity, which is no joke! We had rain part of yesterday, and looks like it's going to rain today; the high humidity is so stifling! I tend to accumulate mail and papers, and such, and then when I've had visitors in the past, I'd just swipe it all into a box and put it in a back room to get it out of my living room and out of the way. The back room had become mostly unusable because of all of the swipe and wipe boxes (as I call them ), so now I'm sorting through all of that stuff, because, well, it's just time (it's been a few years), and also, I want the room to be usable for more than storing boxes. I really wish that I wouldn't let this stuff accumulate. I'm going to make a pledge to myself to do better!

Penguin - Great job with your varied workouts, as always. I hope that your DH and your dad will both be just fine. Neat story about the 3 wedding rings.

Waves to All
Old 07-27-21, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

30 minute outdoor walk

I wasn't going to walk yesterday but my kids wanted to go after dinner so I joined them. It was still hot but bearable.
Today I think will be an indoor workout.

PENGUIN, looks like a nice workout day for you. Glad hubby felt well enough to go back to work. That sounds like quite a seafood allergy. Enjoy your "week-end."

CAMBET, great job with KCM and your steps! Yes I have those swipe & wipe boxes I shove upstairs in my DD's old bedroom.
Good for you going through it all. I have things up there from when my kids were little. I'm gonna have one heck of a
time packing up when I'm ready to move.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-28-21, 07:14 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a very challenging day from a work perspective. I had intended to do a kickboxing workout, then go to the store, then come back and focus on work, but an administrator contacted me first thing about something that needed my attention ASAP, and things wend downhill from there. There were a total of 4 complicated, problematic situations that came up that needed my attention, and I let my annoyance get the best of me more than once. For the last situation (I'll spare y'all the details, but it involved a staff member who was way out of line), I literally had to step away from the computer and go take a walk in the yard. I'll answer that message later. I did eventually make it to the store, but I didn't get in my kickboxing workout. The day was not a total lost though because one of my female work colleagues hosted a small outdoor informal get-together to celebrate my three Italy crew friends who were all just awarded tenure this spring. It was a close-knit group of female faculty (about 12 of us) that are allies and supportive of each other. I hadn't seen some of them since before school ended. We had a really nice time.

When I got home I didn't have the energy for kickboxing, but I did do CH Elite, all of Rope & Ride and enough of Wild Horse to get me to over 10,000 steps before midnight.

SB - It's nice that you were able to get in a walk with your kids. One of my friends suggested that I just trash my swipe and wipe boxes, but I can't, I have to go through them since I keep finding such a mix of random things, some of which I need. Like in one I found some old magazines, a bunch of junk mail, and my vaccination card record that I had to get updated a few years ago when I was going to South America. Glad I didn't trash that.

Waves to All!
Old 07-28-21, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

I had several errands yesterday and it was so hot outside that I didn't do any exercise at all until my walk after dinner. It was actually quite lovely outside by then.
Today we are going to visit my SIL.
She has an incredible salt water pool so I hope to get some swimming in. This is my DH's older sister and we used to visit her every summer so this visit will be bittersweet for all of us.

CAMBET, oh no! Sorry to hear about your stressful work day. Some of your staff members sound like bratty kids! I'm sure you'll deal with it in your professional way.
I give you a lot of credit. At least it sounds like a nice get-together with your supportive group. Good job getting to your step goal for the day.

Have a great day!/COLOR]
Old 07-29-21, 07:13 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I got up yesterday and did some work and kept putting my workout off and then it got down to I was going to do a light cardio workout after dinner because I was only about 4,000 steps (40 mins) from my step goal for the day, but then I fell asleep fairly early on the couch after I ate dinner and before I actually got in a workout. . I didn't feel super well yesterday, so I'm going to cut myself some slack and just get back to it today.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk later in the day. I hope you enjoyed your visit with your SIL, though I understand that the bittersweet nature of it makes it challenging, as well. Sending hugs.

Waves to All
Old 07-30-21, 09:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

YT Pahla B Tone Up Build Strength

I don't do Pahla's workouts often even though I like them a lot. Turns out I had just done this one not that long ago.
LOL. Oh well. I did enjoy it a lot.
I did do some swimming at my SIL's house the other day. We had a fun time.
I am planning a walk for today and a visit with my sister.

CAMBET, I hope you feel better after getting some rest. Thanks for the hugs. We had a good visit with SIL.

I was out to dinner with some friends yesterday and I got into a somewhat heated discussion with one of them about the vaccines and the new covid surges.
I normally don't like to discuss politics and things like that when I'm out with friends and I feel a little bad about it now.
It certainly wasn't totally my fault and she got heated too but I feel it did put a damper on an otherwise fun time. She and I aren't super close friends and that's why I think I feel bad about it. If I argued with a closer friend we would just shake it off and move on but I feel this left a bad feeling between us and we're not so close that we can just move on from it. I guess time will tell. We have tentative plans for next weekend so I'll see how it plays out. Hopefully it all blows over because it really wasn't anything important or worth arguing over. On the other hand, if this makes her not want to get together anymore then she really wasn't a good friend to begin with and I'll have no problem letting go. Just need to vent a little to clear my mind. Thanks

Have a great day all!
Old 07-30-21, 10:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

so last night we went to tour LifeChoices the baby place I've been donating to for the last decade or so. We arrived a bit early so I was able to get my questions about sizing, choking hazards and what they wanted answered. We and the rest of the smallish group, about 8, learned about ultrasounds, baby gestation, adoption, advocacy and innumerable other things {bear in mind I've never had children or even been pregnant so a lot of this was new to me and Hubby} Finally they took us to the Boutique, which was smaller than I expected maybe 15x 8 total square feet, but it was packed with shelves of blankets, wipes, boxes and racks of baby clothes! i was a little disappointed at first that I didn't see a lot of my things from previous donations but I realized that means those go first. The Director even said the homemade things go first, so that was nice to hear. The tour took a lot longer than I expected but it was very interesting. I expected to be hard hit for a $$ donation since they aren't government funded but they seemed more interested in having us volunteer.

My dad had an appointment with his cardiologist and everything is fine with him. They changed his meds not to long ago so they wanted to make sure they made the right change. so he's obviously feeling better from his sick day.

Today ended up being a light day, I woke up groggy even thought I felt I slept well. I started with a 20m UB workout from MADFit. She was pretty good?, I've done her cardio before and thought it was just okay or maybe too hard? we did 2 repeats of 8 or so exercises some compound but most the usual lineup.

Next I did Reps to the Rhythm's 2200s HIIT walk #46, 1900s Easy walk #44, and ended up stretching to 6m warm up. He's including his Mom for more of his workouts which is just cute.

We are going camping next off days so if I disappear, I'm out having fun. We keep checking the weather but it looks like no rain and the temps will be 19* cooler than here. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Cambet, good job on the serious workout! Sorry to hear about the bad day that seemed to get worse. I'm sorry that you are having such problems with your co workers lately. Congrats on your friends getting tenure and the party sounds like it was just what you needed to unwind after the bad day. Hope you are feeling better by now. I'm sure you needed that nap!

SB, Good job to the kids for wanting to take a walk! I hope to hear that your visit with SIL went well. The pool sounds wonderful. I had never heard of salt water pools before the house we tried to buy but Hubby seems familiar with them. I kept teasing him about getting fish! I'm sure you are still grieving your Hubby and hopefully the visit with his Sis will be full of happy memories. Hope the venting helped! that's what we are hear for. Hopefully everything blows over.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote