Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-21, 06:51 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I didn't get in a formal workout yesterday, but I did do the informal workout of cleaning out my screened in porch and deck. One of my co-workers asked if she could bring her 4 yr old daughter over to my house to run around in my back yard (which is large) and also, see my neighbor's pets, since I'm feeding them while they are away on vacation (I got their permission to let her visit the pets before they left town). I haven't spent any time in the screened-in porch since last summer, so it was covered in cobwebs and layers and layers of dust/dirt. So I used a blower to clean off the top layer of dust/dirt, swept out the rest, used a broom to take down all of the cobwebs, sprayed for spiders, cleaned the deck (with the blower and sweeping), cleaned the deck furniture, and hauled off everything that I deemed to be junk, which ended up being two boxes and a big bag full of stuff that was really no longer usable. I'd been meaning to do this for a while, but my friend's visit made me actually do it now. The kind of funny thing is that her daughter didn't want to actually spend much time in the screened in porch (though she did enjoy sitting in the zero gravity chair that had been covered in dust before I cleaned it) or on the deck, but instead preferred to run around in the yard and feed the animals. So, that was two hours of work that I could have spent doing something else, BUT it needed to be done and I felt such a sense of accomplishment after I finished and saw how clean everything was. I'm glad I got it done. I was planning a lite workout for later, after they left, but just couldn't muster the energy. I did make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your walk! I hope you enjoy your time with your friend who is visiting. A mountain hike sounds nice.

Penguin - Well, like you said, I guess that house just wasn't meant to be for you all. Best wishes as the search continues! It totally makes sense that lighter days help us to appreciate the harder days!

Waves to All!
Old 07-22-21, 08:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

50 minute hike

We were going along great on our hike yesterday when the skies opened up and we had a wild t-storm. We got totally and completely drenched. After we changed and dried off we had a fun day. We went out to lunch, talked all afternoon and went to a local summer concert in the evening with other friends. I am hoping for a quiet peaceful walk today .

PENGUIN, it's good to see more houses coming on the market even if the last one didn't work out.

CAMBET, that is a great feeling of accomplishment to get a room cleaned up like that! And a great workout too!
Sounds like your friend's daughter had a fun day.

Have a wonderful day all!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-21, 06:57 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I had a meeting at work yesterday morning that threw off my morning workout time, and by the time I got home in the afternoon, I never did get it together to get in a serious workout. I did do CH Elite: Rope & Ride barefoot and in regular clothes just to get in some movement shortly before midnight. I made it to 9,800 steps for the day (I waited a little too long to get started ).

I have a meeting and some other work to do this morning and I'm going to a town about an hour away for a birthday lunch with two of the Italy crew this afternoon, so I'm not sure if and when I'll get in a workout today. I seem to have lost some of my workout mojo this week.

SB - Glad that you were able to get in a hike, but sorry that you and your friend got completely drenched. Darn random t-storm! Sounds like the rest of the day was really good and a lot of fun, though!

Waves to All!
Old 07-23-21, 08:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk for today too.
The weather seems a little more reasonable, not quite as hot and humid so that's good. I need to start getting back to the kettlebell swings a few times a week and be more consistent with my weight work.

CAMBET, an off week happens now and then. You've been doing so great all summer. Enjoy your lunch with friends today. Sounds fun!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-23-21, 06:55 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, I am totally jealous of your screened in porch/deck! nothing like impending company to make cleaning a priority! Sounds like a lot of work but I bet you are glad to have it done! enjoy the birthday lunch!

SB, We are having a lot of pop up showers, where its sunny one minute and pouring the next! good plan to get back into weights, frankly that's still my favorite part of exercise even though it seems I'm doing nothing but cardio these days.

Today, I went way back to a Kathy Smith 30m indoor walking workout. This was one of the ones I found on YT the other day, plus I found a lot of her older workouts, too. She mentioned the Matrix walk, which we did, stepping like the face of the clock. I remember she has the cowboy walk with all the flashing lights that had this in the title. while it was fun working out with her again, by today's standards this was slow and a bit boring.

Next was Improved Health's Day 1 Series 2. This was a 30m workout with a 10m warmup like her usual workouts but then we did 1m fast intervals alternated by slower 1m intervals, a 5 min cooldown and a little stretching.

nothing exciting happening around here, The house search continues, I'm still packing and making baby things.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 12:56 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Today was interesting. I had a work meeting this morning via Zoom that became quite contentious. I'm leading a project for a small group and one of the men on the committee wants to do things his way, but I'm the one trained on what it is that we need to do, so I had to make it clear that we need to do things according to the training. He tried to get the other members to agree to do things his way and it didn't work, so he ended up getting very angry and couldn't/didn't hide it. I was, I thought, reasonable and professional, but also firm that I/we need to proceed according to the methodology of my training. Frankly, I thought that he behaved like a petulant child (insert eye roll), which is pretty uncommon for what I usually expect from my coworkers from other departments. I'm still kind of processing that whole thing.

Then I got together with my friends so we could drive for lunch about an hour away in this small but somewhat charming town in NC. We were celebrating the 40th birthday of one friend; when she got out of her car she had on a SUPER SKIN-tight, super low-cut in the back, revealing outfit and I literally did this when I saw her: She is voluptuous/a bit weighty, so I was just kind of taken aback that she chose to wear that outfit for lunch. She's an artist and tends to be a bit eccentric with her style of dress, so I guess she can get away with it. She has previously suggested that I should spice up my wardrobe, encouraging me to be more unconventional (I wore a jean mini skirt, v-neck top and wedge sandals to the lunch and, just for the record, I'm currently about 10-15 lbs heavier than my target weight, so maybe I look a bit weigthy too) and mix up my look more often. Funny how our styles are so different, but we still find other points of connection. And I guess the important thing is that we're comfortable in what we choose to wear, no matter our style.

Lunch was ridiculously expensive (we treated the birthday girl), but we really did have a lot of fun and even spent a little time visiting some of the stores in the town, and then stayed together talking and laughing for a few hours after we got back to our town. Our time together was a nice distraction from the situation with the tense meeting this morning. All in all, it was a good day.

Tonight I lightly (no shoes and in regular clothes) did CH Elite: Wild Horse (29 mins) and Dance Mash Up (20 mins) to make it over 11,000 steps before midnight.

SB - Thanks for your encouraging words! Glad you were able to get in a good walk! I've also thought about incorporating more kettlebells into my workouts, but I haven't been able to make myself do it. That would be a nice way to fit in more weight work.

Penguin - Great job with your workouts! I recall talk about that KS Matrix workout back in the day, but I never checked it out for myself. I'll have to add it to the list of workouts that you have mentioned that I plan to check out on YT. I am glad that I cleaned the screened in porch and deck and even spent some time sitting out there yesterday because both areas are clean now, so they're more usable. Here's hoping you'll get good news soon in the house search!

Waves to All!
Old 07-24-21, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today if I don't go to the pool for lap swimming. My sister invited me to her community pool but she's going now which is kind of early for me. She likes to go early when it's not crowded and before they let the kids overtake the pool.
I'll see how I feel.

PENGUIN, I think I had/still have that KS matrix walking workout. Probably only did it once like so many of my dvds.
I much prefer weight work too which is why I'm so puzzled by my current slump.
I do walk daily though so at least I'm getting some enjoyable exercise.

CAMBET, well you had a busy day!
Nice work getting your steps in after all that! Sorry to hear about the work situation. Agh. You sound like you handled it very firmly and professionally. I think a jean skirt, v-neck top and wedge sandals sounds perfect for a lunch with friends.
I would be very comfortable wearing that.

Have a great day!!
Old 07-24-21, 07:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet so sorry you had to put up with The Jerk! I can understand his wanting to do things his way if he felt strongly that his way was better but there's also being courteous and not causing a problem! gah! hopefully now that he's been outvoted he'll calm down. Is this the same person you had a problem with the last time, who tried to go around you? I tnd to dress pretty blandly, khakis shorts in summer with a bright but solid tee and sandals, every once in a while I do something a big crazy like wear flowers or stripes :P but I think commenting on someone else's choice of wardrobe like she did to you, unless they ask, is a big no-no. Because my mom didn't want to go to the salon over the past year she grew her hair out and went white. Someone at church told her she looked old. This really hurt Mom's feelings, especially since the person who told her doesn't exactly go out of her way to look fabulous herself.

SB, I remember liking the walk but it had all those flashing lights, which they thing triggers migraines or seizures. I was having a lot of problems with migraines at the time so I didn't keep it long.

I saw BarreFitatHome's 10m thighs workout on IG and tried it today. Pretty good but very repeditive. all plie squats, some in relevie some not. I tacked on 10m Glutes by Workouts by ZZ, which i liked much better, most of it was standing but we did some floorwork like bridge at the end. Then I added on ZZ's 5000s walk. This was technically low impact but there was a lot of bouncing around and I had to modify most moves, either for impact or slow them down. Not very fun and I think I've done all 3 of her walking workouts now. I topped this off with Chirmere Trielle's 20m walk. I enjoyed this one a lot better.

The heat index was 109* today. I worked out with the ceiling fan and two smaller fans pointed at me but was still hot the whole time. I did have the AC on but I didn't want to strain it by turning it down too low. Maybe shorter workouts for a while.

Old 07-25-21, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

I also did some swimming at the pool but probably not long enough to count as a workout. It was a fun day. My nieces and their kids were there too. I was pooped when I got home so no walk. I am hoping for a walk today.

PENGUIN, wow how rude of the church person. Nice workout mix. Yeah maybe shorter workouts are in order in the severe heat.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-25-21, 10:06 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I started today with some light UB work, Juice and Toya's Dumbbell Arms and Abs. They said to use light weights, most of the exercises were ab work with UB arm moves added in. Not my favorite. Next was Toya's Go-To UB workout. This ended up not being a follow along workout but more of her demonstrating the moves and telling us how many she does. While she was talking I did exercises so at least I got that out of it.

I tried Get Fit with Rick's Uplifting Walk 2. This was nice, filmed outside in Dubai {Hubby has been there}. Rick mentioned that it was 45*C. That's 113*F. {at least its a dry heat!:P} this was the first workout he's put out in a month as far as I could tell, I've done all his other walks. He added a few new fun moves. Such as walk forward three steps, tap with your left, step back with your right, step forward with your left, walk back 3 steps. repeat on other side.

So I moved on to Olivia Lawson's Sweat It 2M Power Walk. She tends to do the same legs while changing arm movements, which can get a bit tedious but I can always sub something else.

Hubby is home sick today. My dad is also feeling sick. stomach bugs they think. They haven't seen each other in a few weeks but it must be going around.

One of the places I donate baby things to is called LifeChoices. I learned right before the pandemic that they give tours of their facility, and then the pandemic shut everything down. I saw on IG that they are having the tours again, so I signed Hubby and I up for this coming Thursday. I'm excited to see the boutique where my things are displayed. By taking classes on childcare etc. Moms earn points so they can 'buy' the items for their babies {this also includes purchased and donated items,, such as diapers}. So I'm excited to see the boutique and I'm taking items to donate and ask questions about sizes or if the Moms prefer sweaters or blankets. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it but also frantically making as many things as possible to donate.