Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

May be going to the pool today with my sister. If not, another walk hopefully.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 08:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, quick pop in. I had the YAG laser "second cataract" surgery yesterday. No anesthesia or anything, just dilating and numbing drops and a very swollen eyeball.

I'm disappointed with the outcome, at this point anyway. I thought the film I see when I move my eye was the scar tissue that was getting zapped away, but it's still there. I'll call soon. I've just been resting and avoiding moving my head much and should be back in action soon. Have a good day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 09:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

PAT, sorry to hear about the disappointing surgery. Hopefully it's something that will improve as time goes on. Get some rest. {{hugs}}
Old 07-25-21, 08:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

I also did a little swimming in the pool but probably not long enough to count for a workout. We had a lot of fun though, my nieces and their kids were there too. I was pooped when I got home so no walk. I am hoping for a walk today.

PAT, hope you got some rest and are doing ok.

Hi DIANE, DONNA and the rest!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-25-21, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

I'm back.....vacation was good but my motivation and energy are still missing in action!

Today I did:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 1 - Utah (I did buy this set during Mary's sale)

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Complete Floor Practice

I'm hoping to find my energy and motivation somewhere.....

I did go w/ my daughter to look at the horse she is interested in - she is gorgeous and probably a good fit for my daughter in terms of her abilities. My daughter rode her twice - once w/ her trainer there. We just have to decide if it is the right time to take on horse ownership. My DD would have to work to support some of the costs - which she said she was planning to do anyway -but I do worry about her spreading herself too thin w/ work, caring for a horse, and taking a full load of classes. but, w/ my DD sometimes the more she has to do the better....

Anyway - not much else going on.

Pat - I'm so sorry to hear about the eye surgery outcome. Ugh. I sure hope it gets better.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Diane!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 05:23 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, all!

Well, I haven't been my best at staying on my workout schedule. When we're having things done with the house, I seem to get caught up in it and my workout falls to the wayside. But, here's what I've done:

Thursday
7/22 - 20 mile bike ride then yoga

Friday
pushups, BodyPump workout, then yoga

Saturday & Sunday - nada.

My neighbor's son owns an orchard and he came over to look at his dad's trees and I asked him to look at ours. Since he has no "financial interest" in our trees, I value his opinion and, yes, some of our trees have to come down. Sigh....

Pat - OMG - I hope you get the answers about your eye surgery. I'm sorry it didn't remove the film but maybe it will dissipate?

Donna - welcome back from vacation!!!! I hope you decompressed and enjoyed!

Summer Breeze - I don't know where you live but I love your long walks - can you walk all year long? I used to live in San Diego and miss being able to be outdoors all year. What I don't miss are the fires and the water issues.

Have a lovely day, everyone! Waves and hugs to all!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

39 minute outdoor walk

The high humidity is back and I'm DONE!
I can feel it already so I'll probably do something indoors today.

DONNA, welcome back!! We missed you.
Hope you feel rested and refreshed. If you find your motivation and energy send some my way too please. I hope and pray it all works out with the horse for DD.

DIANE, great bike rides and workouts. I live in NJ so a far cry from San Diego (my dream climate) I do try to walk all year round though despite the summer humidity and winter cold and snow.

PAT, moan day {{hug}}. Hope you're doing ok.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-26-21, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have just been feeling blah - no energy, no motivation, tired....sleeping poorly you name it. It is so hard to know what is going on w/ me - is it physical, psychological, perimeno/meno related, stress related, etc.....but I just have no get up and go...even after a week off.

To top it off our power went out last night so that disturbed my sleep more than usual! I'm also still dealing w/ trapezius and neck pain - so that makes sleeping even harder.

I'm sorry to whine so much. I just want to feel like myself again.

I also don't have a Dr's appointment until December and I feel my symptoms are all so vague I couldn't really even explain it to anyone.

Anyway - decided to just do a stretch this morning - so I did a 25 min stretch from CocoLime Fitness. It did feel good - if I find any get up and go I may try to walk or something later.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Pat - I sure hope your eye issues resolve. My DH has a lot of issues w/ a history of a detached retina and scarring of his retina, etc. He was also told the cataract surgery is in the future. Can't take our eyes for granted, that is for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 07-26-21, 09:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, still not much going on here. Today is my last day off from my little eye surgery rest. Yesterday was sad - I went to my BIL's house to notarize his will and help them get other papers sorted out. It was very sad to see him so sick. A lot of memories swirling around in that house. It used to be bustling to the rafters, filled with kids, laughter, conversation and life. It's the end of such a big part of our lives.

After I drove directly to the beach for a long solo meditative walk with lots of bench sitting to reflect on the views. It's time to get back on program now and get in some good workouts, better eating plan this week.

Donna, sounds like you're going through a slump. Sending hugs. I wouldn't be surprised if you're just plain exhausted. Sometimes taking time off alerts your body that you need even more rest and recovery. (That's my theory, anyway.)

Summer Breeze, I saw the 48 states are under a "heat dome" all week. Roll eyes, big sigh! Sounds like we'll be living in a Stephen King novel, Under the Dome. Let's get through this!

Hi Diane, looks like we all had a bit of a slumpy weekend there. Too bad about your trees, hopefully it will help the others stay healthy.

I better get started on some projects. Have a good day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 10:03 AM  
donnamp

Thanks Pat - I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL's situation.

You know I think you are right - I felt ok during the early part of our vacation but I have been feeling incredibly tired since Friday - I think you are right - the body relaxed and said "we need more relaxation"

It has been a rollercoaster for me since 2019 - so really not surprised to be crashing.

I hope you are doing well today.

Donna

Tags
jim fixx