Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-20-21, 07:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Experiencing sinus-induced exhaustion. Dealing with it, but results take a while. Getting plenty of sleep but I feel tired. Never did anything yesterday. Today I did a Katamibar DVD. Not strenuous, and the waist-twisty movements are kinda fun.

Cheryl, are there any fruits or vegetables that are new to you?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 09:41 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 09:38 AM  
lynnf

Yesterday finished the 15 day barre 3 challenge, but my vertigo came back. So today I am going in for this Kepler treatment at the audiologist. It is supposed to work for what I have, which is called BPPV, which is vertigo produced by body position. Basically when I get up from supine positions I get dizzy. The treatment induces vertigo so I don't think it will be fun, but it is supposed to get the calcium crystals in your ear, which got into the wrong place back in the right place and thereby solve the problem. Will keep you posted.

Cynthia, hope you feel better.

Cheryl, DH and I always lose weight in Europe without trying. Not having a car makes a huge difference. You are so less sedentary without a car (I am assuming you don't have a car as well.) And yes, after all this time, I know exactly who the mass murderer on this check in is!!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 09:51 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia
Feel better soon.

Cheryl
Everything going well at church. Do you think you will be able to find a church to attend there? How are you going about learning Portuguese?

Steps for yesterday: 11,391
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-21-21, 02:13 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a Heather Robertson I don't think I've done before: The Best At Home Booty Workout. She talked (overdubbed) through this one, which is very unusual for her. It was pretty much a Pilates mat lower body workout. We walked, but probably need to walk some more. My jeans, which I bought just before we left Nashville, are also very loose. I'd like to make them even looser if I can!

Cynthia, there are a few fruits here that I haven't seen. On Madeira (an island that belongs to PT), there is a fruit that is a combination of a pineapple and a banana. I think it is the only place that fruit is grown. Many of the fruits and vegetables we've been eating are different than those in the U.S. in that they have more flavor. They do different lettuce mixes as well, with herbs like cilantro in them. None of the veggies or fruits have preservatives, so they "go bad" in a normal amount of time, unlike U.S. produce. The strawberries taste like the ones you would pick at a farm--very fresh. The green grapes are actually a little bit sour, I think because the U.S. markets like super-sweet fruit. It's a change!

Also, the loaf of bread we buy most often is .59 cents. Baguettes are .39 cents. For dinner, we have bread, cheese, fruit, and veggies most often. Sometimes we have a bit of salami as well. And wine. You can get a very drinkable bottle for about 3 Euros (which is about $3.50 U.S.). We may get coffee at a cafe during the day, but it's usually also inexpensive. And today my lunch at a restaurant out was fish, rice, fries, (yes, they like carbs) and salad for 6.50 euros, and I took plenty home for another meal. My glass of wine was 1.65. If I were to buy a soda, however, that would be 1.50 (almost as much), so processed foods are higher. They do not tip here (unless you really want to leave a Euro on the table--it's not expected) and the tax is already added into the price (for everything you buy here, whether in a store or restaurant). So when it says 6.50, that's what you pay. We are still getting used to that!

Diana, there is an English-speaking church here that is not Catholic (this is a Catholic nation). We're going to check it out Sunday. There's another one on the other side of the river, but they are online only right now due to covid. We are learning some words and phrases in Portuguese, but we will probably do something more organized to learn (and definitely for DD).

Lynn, that treatment does not sound fun. I hope is short and very effective!
Old 07-21-21, 04:47 PM  
lynnf

Here to report that the tests showed my crystals were in the wrong place in my right ear and the treatment was not bad, though they did spin me in a chair as part of the test, but that didn't feel bad. The treatment was so simple -- they flipped me from one side to the next with my head in one position and while it made me dizzy the next time they did it, it didn't. I just have to keep my head from any major vigorous movements and sleep propped up so that the crystals stay in place, but I should be ok, though I have to go in for a follow up. The audiologist said 1/2 the people get this at one point in their lives, so don't be shocked if it happens to you.
Old 07-21-21, 08:43 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I got my first covid vaccine shot.

Lynn Is this that just happens or did something cause it?

No workout to report but I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-21-21, 10:36 PM  
lynnf

Hi Diana, congrats on your Covid shot. Hope you don't have any bad side effects. My condition can have a cause (diabetes, migraine, TIAs and cardiovascular disease and mild head trauma can cause it), but it can also just happen for no reason. In my case, it's probably the link to migraines.
Old 07-22-21, 08:27 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 6,201
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-22-21, 08:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I didn't know you waited this long to get your first shot. DD and I had only a bit of sleepiness, and her arm was sore at the injection site. Some people have reported worse. I hope you have it easy.

Cheryl, the food sounds great! And yay for loose jeans.

Lynn, very interesting about the crystals. I hope your treatment fixes the problem.

My congestion was definitely working toward infection, but the antibiotic ointment has stopped it. Before my ENT set me up with this RX and self-care regimen, I would keep getting sicker until I needed antibiotic pills. I have just been sleeping a lot, resting, and not exercising. Really felt good today and walked outside. Pool tomorrow? or I might wait until Monday.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote