Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-19-21, 04:58 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I resisted the sale! I'm going to live vicariously through you all
Same here! I decided I didn't *need* the ones in my cart right now. Maybe next sale! Although, thanks to this thread, I may be adding Edge Booty Extreme 1 and 2 to my wish list
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 08:14 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
FOLV, ...

Taiga, do you only do EBE2 weight workout three times a week?
Sorry After re-reading, I realized that I summarized Ingrid's plan but didn't make it crystal clear that I reduced the frequency in my own rotation. Yes---I do it more like an STS rotation since I tend to lift fairly heavy. I have never used light weights for this program but if I did, I would increase the frequency of the workouts.

As it is, I prefer heavy weights and additional mobility/flexibility work. That never fails to get me strong and ripped It also leaves time for other workouts if somebody wanted a hybrid.

ETA: I don't go past 40lbs max in each hand or a single 50lb (for rows etc). So not super heavy but enough that I need a full day of recovery btwn workouts. It's the 4 sets that really makes the difference when you are lifting fairly heavy (well relatively heavy for home environment any way). I guess the poundage doesn't really matter as much as that I am SPENT when I finish. That's what get me the results.
Old 07-19-21, 08:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thank you, Taiga and AsSweetasSugar that was very helpful. You both have given me some good ideas.

I doubt I do that last peak cardio week.. certainly not 7 days straight

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 08:45 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks for posting this. I just checked out their channel and they have one for Thriller!! Call me psyched!
I went back and looked and all 3 of the founders are in the Pure Spice DVD. They put out a couple of DVDs of their own before their YouTube channel and streaming took off. They were called ReFit Revolution. I don't know if you can find them anywhere now. I don't see that they sell them on their website. But their YouTube videos are more fun, anyway

I somehow managed to resist the sale this time. I went from a really overflowing cart to slowly whittling it down to "I don't really need these right now" items. There are a few KCM's I want, but I think I can get them a little cheaper if I wait for the right sale. The Lastics DVDs stay in my cart, but I'm trying the streaming first to see if I really will use them before purchasing the DVDs (the streaming is really cheap, but I'd rather have the DVD if I'm going to actually use them regularly) I also want to try some Barlates/Linda Stejskal (Wooldridge) but there are some that really call to me and others that don't at all. There are so many that I need to take some more time to look at clips and cultivate my Wish List for the next sale.

I did purchase a lot of 11 Nancy Marmorat DVDs from Ebay for $28, though
Old 07-19-21, 08:50 PM  
Vantreesta

I want to get Pure Spice someday but price wasn't low enough. I plan to use their short YouTube videos as little warmups or in btwn workouts to loosen up. Or for those days I can't find my want-to and dance often gets the spark lit!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 10:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Taiga, thanks for replying back. Your rotation sounds good, I never thought to do it that way. I definitely didn't go as heavy since if I was doing it often, it was also the first time I worked legs three times a week, I still challenged myself though. It'd also work as a 4 day split Legs/Upper + Glutes/Upper, it is a versatile set!

FOLV, I hope you'll enjoy the set. Let's know what rotation you come up!

Zraipel, I thought I was the only one here who knew about Nancy Marmorat! I love her stretch workout so much.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 07:16 AM  
bubbles76

I bought EBE 1+2 years ago when there was a sale, but have always been too timid to try it. People thought it was harder than even Cathe's weight work, and Cathe always slayed me I'm willing to try now, once my knees feel better. I would probably have to reduce the frequency of the workouts as well, due to my knee issues.

So Taiga, when you say you did it like an STS rotation, do you mean you just did weight work three days a week and did three days of light cardio in between? The highest poundage I have at home are 30 pound dumbbells.

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 11:59 AM  
Vantreesta

My DVDs came today! Mary is always so quick!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 02:08 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I bought EBE 1+2 years ago when there was a sale, but have always been too timid to try it. People thought it was harder than even Cathe's weight work, and Cathe always slayed me I'm willing to try now, once my knees feel better. I would probably have to reduce the frequency of the workouts as well, due to my knee issues.

So Taiga, when you say you did it like an STS rotation, do you mean you just did weight work three days a week and did three days of light cardio in between? The highest poundage I have at home are 30 pound dumbbells.

Thanks!
I have always been somewhat mystified as to why people think EBX is so much harder than Cathe. Maybe due to 4 sets? That actually gives me great results but people could always just do 2 or 3 sets. Otherwise, there might be a move here and there that is different/challenging but I actually prefer the moves/sequencing/pace to most of Cathe's work (esp endless low end work ). The first 3 weeks of EBX2 are really enjoyable if you like a decent pace that lets you heavy up. IMHO, there are really not many "dreadful" moves. You might really surprise yourself and love it! I like Cathe's Xtrain a lot but actually like EBX2 better. You can always do the first week without weights to see how your knees respond.

Yes---I just do the weight work 3 times per week and then more recently have been doing mobility/stretch /cardio on the other days. I actually prefer to do kickboxing and MMA stuff on the alternate days but I just get better results if I let myself recover more. The 3x/wk works great as long as I really work on those days. The poundage that you will need of course will depend on your current strength but I would think 30lb DBs would be more than enough esp if you want to go easy on your knees. I don't use any higher than a 50lb DB and that is mostly as a single for back/plies. With regards to pairs, my DBs only go up to 40lbs---I just don't have the space for more. And you can always use a weighted vest for leg day if you have one.
Old 07-22-21, 05:26 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

duplicate post

Tags
mary's sale