Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-17-21, 07:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

i had a horrible workout session today. I didn't really want to work out so that was strike one, next i tried a bunch of new to me people and didn't enjoy the workouts. Until I got to the last one which I misread and it turned out to be 44m long. No I didn't finish it, but I was surprised when it kept going...

Jaclyn Wood's 20m Leg and Booty, I may have tried her before but I wasn't thrilled this time. Her music sounded like it was on skip/shuffle and this is the first workout I've ever done muted. weird.

Flexy and Fit's Intense Interval walking. yeah, right. I thought it was slow paced, and the moves were boring. While previewing her next move she would show us clips of her stretching. I think I'm more flexible than she was. the whole thing seemed corny.

Mr London's walk your fupa off! This is led by a big muscled guy and i was interested in what he would do with a walking workout. It wasn't bad but there were these weird black spots on the screen, like in the old movies, but they had a pattern. if I go to his site in the middle of the night and order a bunch of stuff we'll know why. I think that was his only walking workout.

Burpee Girl's walk and tone leg day. I've tried her before, the name is a bit of a turn off because I don't want burpees in my workouts, but this was pretty good. Walk for 30seconds then do a squat for 30 seconds. This was the one I thought was 24m and it turned out to be 44. whopps. She seems to have a lot of walking workouts so I'll try her again.

They cancelled today's rain but added it to our off days. :{

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

YT Workout Hotel Full Body Dumbbell Sculpt

I liked this workout, compound weight work mostly, and some floor work.
Short and to the point. It was 100 degrees yesterday and then high humidity on top of that so I didn't even leave the house!! Then we had some t-storms later in the day and night but it didn't really cool things off much. It's still pretty humid but I think the temps are more reasonable so I am hoping for a walk in a bit when it stops raining.

CAMBET, I missed your post the other day.
Good job keeping up with your workouts and steps.

PENGUIN, I still give you an A for trying all these instructors. Even if the workout isn't to your liking, you're still moving so that's always good. Your hubby and dad are 2 handy guys! Nice visit with your mom.

I saw on GD that KCM has a new dvd.
I think it's from her RAW streaming site.
I didn't see much buzz for it but I'm going to check it out.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 08:09 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I like Workout Hotel but I've never done anything but her barre workouts. The weather you are describing is what we normally have for summer, so that's why I never leave the house either! Its actually been a little cooler this week but raining so much.

We are going to go look at another house Wed. its seems to check a lot of boxes but a lot of the rooms have dark brown tile on the floors or tub surrounds {making things hard to see, also Cindy is brown, I don't want to trip over her} and the rest of the rooms are beige carper. I don't like carpet I'd rather have hardwood, but at least Cindy would be easy to see. But it may surprise us. The land looks good, and even has a pond, which wasn't on our list.

Today's workout was another mashup of old favorites and newbies. I started with Jessica smith's 1M UB Circuit. This was pretty good, mostly walking but she has us stand still for a few exercises.

Next I tried to find a workout by DreFit. I have the YT picture on my phone, i looked it up and watched a bit last week, but today it couldn't find it even when I typed it in.

Next I was searching for 'walk and tone' but it kept giving me 'wok N tone" I am no longer worried about the computers taking over! It finally gave me walking so I found Sharona's Hill's Indoor walking workout. Which was okay but I didn't like a lot of her 'fun' {impact or squats} moves so mostly just walked back and forth for 20m.

Giving up on finding someone new , I did Improved Health's 25m walking workout targeting Arms. She held 1lb weights the whole time, I didn't feel like finding mine so I just did arms. Since the emphasis was on arms a lot of the steps were repetitive, but that was the most fun workout of the day.

tech is driving me crazy so I'm going to go watch shark week and crochet something!

Old 07-19-21, 07:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk for today.
I'm expecting the tree guy today so hopefully he comes sooner rather than later so I can plan my day.

PENGUIN, I find lately when I want to do a short weight workout I just go to YT instead of my DVDs. I don't use it as often as you do though. I don't want to keep bringing up the weather all the time but since outdoor walking is my main form of exercise, the weather does have a big impact on my workouts.

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-19-21, 07:58 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

My internet was down for a couple of days. I used my phone as a hotspot to get some emailing done for work, but the connection was a bit spotty. The cable guy got me back up and running over the weekend.

Friday I did a 13 minute walk around the yard early in the day, and then in the evening I did CH Elite Wild Horse (using the hotspot which kept causing the streaming to pause, which was frustrating). Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Saturday I did Jari's Get Ripped. I mixed in (fake) jumping roping on the rebounder occasionally in between sets. I tacked on Jessica's WS3 1-Mile of Motivation to get in a little more cardio. Made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday (Sunday) I did a 64 min walk with my friend (one of the Italy crew) who is back from CO. She's struggling a bit with being back in town because living there is so different from being here (she's an avid mountain biker and just loves the trails and other opportunities for outdoor activities there). I also wanted to walk with her because there were some things on my mind and one of my knees has been bothering me (it seemed swollen yesterday), so I wanted to walk it out to see how it did. It appears to be doing better today, so that's good. Made it to over 14,000 steps for the day.

SB - Wow 100 degrees with high humidity is definitely not good walking weather. I don't blame you for not leaving the house! Looks like you did get in some weight work, so that's good. I didn't see on GD that KCM has a new DVD, so I'll have to check that out. And your latest post reminds me that I still need to call some of the tree guys. I'm going to do that today!

Penguin - You're doing a great job with such a variety of workouts, even though some are hit or miss. I'm behind in checking some of them out, but I'll catch up when I get the chance. I hope that the house y'all plan to see on Wednesday is a good experience (though I have to admit that dark brown tile floors does not sound ideal). But, as you say, it has other features that do sound appealing, so maybe it will work out. Let us know how it goes!

Waves to All!
Old 07-19-21, 11:07 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, here we all know its hot, so we don't talk about it much, most of the time I don't even bother to check the weather because I don't want to know, unless I'm planning something fun on our off days and don't want to get rained on. I really enjoy how easy it is to use YT workouts rather than the DVDs. They way our DVD player is set up I have to change setting etc. Also if I don't like a workout I can just stop it and start another with ease. And all their workouts are right there for me to choose from. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my DVDs during the move. Pack them now? try to go through them? Leave some out?

Cambet Glad to hear your service is running again. Tech can be so frusterating! and to think that not so long ago we didn't have anything of this. glad to hear you got to spend time with your friend and that your knee is doing better. Thanks for the well wishes on the house, another factor is that its an hour commute from the airport, one way. Neither one of us wants Hubby in the car that long per day. We'll see.

I didn't feel much like working out again today but I decided to try something fun. {but nothing like the impending purchase of a house to get me packing boxes } I tried Dance with Deetji. There are no verbal cues to her workouts but she mentioned that she is of Indian decent living in Germany. I started with 30m Daily Active walk. I thought I'd start with an easy one to get used to her physical cues and get an idea of what was going on. This is labeled a beginner's walk and I found it a bit of a clock watcher. I almost didn't try the second workout, which would have been a shame, because it was fun.30m Dance Exercise for Seniors {senior dance is about my speed :P} I've tried a few Bollywood style workouts before but its been a while. She doesn't teach the moves but they are easy to catch on to, the last 8m or so are seated leg exercises, I used this as my cooldown and stretch time. She had an older friend in the workout, who had been living in Germany for 40 years, moved there as a young bride, when there was no Indian culture, family or friends to fall back on.

Free history lesson. My parents met as young adults in Berlin in the 60s. Dad was stationed there as well as Mom's Dad. Gpa was the Minister of the church Dad was invited to, he thought the preacher's daughter was cute so he kept coming back. Anyway, a few years ago I asked Dad if there was anything food`wise that he remembered about Berlin. He said currywurst. I tried to make him some but he said it wasn't the same. Hubby and I were watching a documentary on Berlin and discovered the history of Currywurst. During the War and after the building of the the Wall an Indian woman was left widowed, she started a 'hot dog' stand but the patrons complained about the poor quality of the meat, so she scraped together the money and asked a friend to send her a package of curry from home, she made a spicy, tasty sauce to cover the sausages. it was a hit and soon other stands popped up, each with its own flavor. I thought that was interesting.

have a great week.

Old 07-20-21, 07:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

I am hoping for a walk today too. The heat is building up again but I hope I can do it.
The tree guys just arrived finally. Hope this is a short and painless job for all of us. Oh boy the neighbors are gonna hate me! These guys are making such a racket!!

CAMBET, glad your internet is back up.
I'd be lost without it and I don't even use it for work. Good workouts and step counts.
That's a relief your knee improved after the walk.

Have a great day!
Old 07-21-21, 07:05 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I kept putting my workout on Monday off, telling myself I would get to it, but I never did, so Monday ended up being a rest day. I did get some things done around the house that I had needed to work on, so that was good.

Yesterday I did JS's 40-Min Mega Burn from 3 Weight Loss Walks and tacked on the Belly Blaster walk from 15-Min Fast Fat Blasts. It's funny, I'm been doing much more strenuous workouts this summer, so this felt easy to me and didn't really get my heart rate way up. But, sometimes we need lighter days, so that was ok. I made it to over 13,000 steps for the day.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk, and hope you were able to get in another yesterday. I had thought about taking a walk in the neighborhood, but we had rain yesterday, so I ended up walking indoors with Jessica. Thanks for inspiring me to call the tree guys! One came yesterday and the other said he would if it didn't rain, but it did. The guy who came was very helpful - he mentioned cutting the one tree that's gotten too close to the house and maybe trying to save the other that I'm also thinking about removing) - and I thought his prices were reasonable, but I will wait and get at least one other estimate before I decide for sure. I hope that the racket your tree guys made didn't last too too long!

Penguin - Interesting info about your workouts and about your parents' history. I've been to Berlin (about 20 yrs ago) and I don't remember trying currywurst; I guess it just wasn't on my radar. I hope that everything goes well with the house viewing today (though moving there would mean a longer commute than you all would like)!

Waves to All!
Old 07-21-21, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

My friend from upstate NY is visiting and we were going to go to the beach for the day but they're expecting some heavy t-storms this afternoon. I think we'll stay closer to home and go for a hike this morning at a nearby mountain.

CAMBET, you have been doing some great workouts this summer and now you can see the results! Easy days and rest days are always good too. The tree removal went well. It was quick thankfully. I think 2 estimates is always a good idea.

PENGUIN, I don't know how I missed your post yesterday. I think I was so rushed with the tree guys here and I was nervous too with these big branches flying around the backyard. Fun workout and history about your parents.

Have a great day!
Old 07-22-21, 02:00 AM  
patchworkpenguin

so we got a text from our realtor this morning saying the house has sold already, we aren't very upset, so obviously that wasn't the house for us. But now we are curious; were they just that desperate to sell that they took the first offer? was it an offer that high over asking that they couldn't refuse? He sent us two more listings but we didn't like either. usually he sends one every few weeks so there appears to be more coming on the market.

We didn't do much else today but run errands. Hubby got a little work done on the cars. Our neighbor's grandfather gave him a truck so he decided not to buy ours after all. The truck is an 80's Chevy and apparently needs a lot of work so I'm not sure he's going to be happier with it overall.

Cambet, I'm a big fan of the occasional lighter day. Not only does it give me a break I seem to appreciate the harder days. If that makes sense.

SB, glad to hear you get a visit from your friend. sorry about the tstorm. It seems on the rare occasions Ive gone to a beach they have just had a big storm and there's seaweed everywhere. Yuck. I'm so glad to hear that the tree and all its branches is history.

more errands and grocery shopping for tomorrow. and Hubby working on car. As with a lot of other things these days, some of the parts he needs are on backorder,, including the computer for the truck.

night