Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-21, 10:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Welcome, BETH! MR and Pahla are 2 of my favorites.

PAT, good job at the gym. Ugh on the weeds, I hear you! Still waiting on the tree guy

Waves!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 05:24 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

We're having our screened in porch enclosed and they started work yesterday. It's going to make a huge difference, especially in the winter. We always had to seal the sliding glass doors and now, fingers crossed, we won't have to!

Workouts:
Sunday - another rest day but only because I had a ton of things to get done before the contractors arrived.

Monday - back to the grind!
Pushups
yoga
11 1/2 mile bike ride

I'm so going to miss the nice weather because I've been enjoying my bike rides. Sigh....

Pat - I too have weeding to do and I'm procrastinating! I won't use any chemicals and the natural remedies don't work. Any tips? Also, I hope your family news turns out better than you initially thought. Life can be so hard sometimes.

Donna - enjoy your vacay! Waiting to hear what your DD does regarding the horse. Husbands always put the brakes on fun things!!!

Summer Breeze - good luck with the tree guys. We need to get someone in as well.

Welcome, Beth! This is a great group!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 07:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

I am hoping for another walk today. The tree guy just arrived now as we speak. Hopefully this is done quickly and painlessly for all concerned .

DIANE, fall is my favorite time for outdoor activities. Still mild but less humid usually.
The screened porch does sound like a great feature!

Waves PAT, BETH & DONNA!

Have a great day!
Old 07-20-21, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR 1,000 Steps Walking Workout
~ An hour of weeding and mulching
~ Back TLC
~ 7,000 steps

The clean-up had to happen during our little break in the heat wave. I didn't want to do it after work but got the idea to set my Fitbit to "workout" for motivation. All that gardening labor gives you nothing for steps, but it was gratifying to see the Fitbit report 368 calories burned, 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes fat burn.

Summer Breeze, well I guess better late then never for the tree guy. I hope everything went well. I also love fall, the best hiking and walking weather.

Diane, two things I find helpful for weeding are to do it shortly after a rainfall. For ones that are resistant to hand pulling I use my trusty Ho-Mi Korean hand plow. Covering the soil with mulch helps a lot. I use natural cedar mulch. I won't use chemicals, either. Good luck with the renovations!

Good morning Donna and Beth!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 08:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! You should have seen our sunset and moonrise last night - blazing red for both, which we learned is due to the smoke from wildfires. This is the second year we've had smoke in CT coming in from wildfires out west. Scary stuff. Anyway, my accomplishments included:

~ Lee Holden Qigong for Healthy Digestion
~ GYM for 15/15/15 recumbent, elliptical and treadmill, plus 25 minutes on shoulders, inners and outers
~ 6,500 steps

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-21-21, 08:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

My friend from upstate NY is visiting and we were going to go to the beach today but I saw they're expecting some storms this afternoon so we decided to go to a local mountain for a hike this morning.

PAT, good job on the weeding and the workouts. The downed tree went well. They left a nice pile of shaved wood from the trunk which my neighbor suggested I put in the garden to control the weeds. Yes I was telling my friend the haze is from the wildfires. She used to live in California. The moon was a bright orange!

Hi DONNA, DIANE & BETH!

Have a great day!

Old 07-22-21, 05:30 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

It's been such a busy week. We had a storm on Tuesday night and one of my neighbor's trees came down - small tree, landed on other trees. He had a tree guy come out and I had him take a look. Geez... he was kind of a cocky dude and said six will have to come down and it's $3,000 at the minimum. He just rubbed me the wrong way so we're waiting until next year and getting other estimates. My gut was telling me he saw the extensive work being done on the porch and thought, "deep pockets!" Nope, just a lot of planning. Sigh....

Anyway, on to the workouts!
Tuesday
Cardio day - ran on the treadmill , did a short yoga then 11 mile bike ride.

Wednesday
Pushups, Margaret Richard's BE Triple Threat Upper Body, Yoga and a 9 mile bike ride.

Summer Breeze - Fall is my favorite season! I just love the crisp cool of the air! The porch was done by the builder and it's been a pain with bugs getting in, sealing the doors in winter so we bit the bullet and are enclosing it. We're not insulating it but with the windows and flooring, it will cut way down on the bugs and hopefully not have to seal the sliding glass doors in the winter. Fingers crossed!

Pat - thanks for the weeding tips! It makes sense to weed after a rain - softer soil. It's a very small area that has mulch and then river rocks cover the whole area. My neighbor said, "You're daft! There's hardly any weeds - what are you worried about!" - he's right about being "daft" but I see the weeds and they bother me!

Have a great day, everyone! Waves to Donna, who I hope is enjoying her vacation and waves to Beth!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 07:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I needed an R&R day on the exercise field. Sarah Beth Yoga Deep Stretch Lower Back plus 5,000 steps.

Nice walk Summer Breeze. Did you get the storm? We heard distant thunder but got nothing. I'm happy the tree project worked out well for you.

Diana, sorry to hear about your fiasco! That guy does sound like a jerk. It's so hard to find a good contractor. Nice workouts for you.

Good morning Donna and anyone who visits.
Old 07-22-21, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute hike

We were going along great on our mountain hike when the skies opened up with a wild t-storm. We got seriously drenched down through our underwear! Other than that we had a great day though. After we dried off we went out to lunch, spent the afternoon talking and then went out to a local summer concert at night with other friends. I am hoping for a quiet peaceful day today with a quiet peaceful walk.

DIANE, great workouts and bike rides! The first tree guy I had said $1,300 for one half of a tree that he said would take him an hour! Needless to say I found a guy with a much lower price.

PAT, that stretch looks lovely. Yeah we did get that one wild t-storm midday but it was fine after that.

Hi DONNA. Hope you're enjoying your time off!!!

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-23-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk for today. Our weather is more reasonable lately so that's always a plus for walking.

Waves to all! Have a wonderful day!

Tags
jim fixx