Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-12-21, 09:23 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk & CS Lose a Pant size

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 08:30 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 12,545
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-13-21, 12:38 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Well, I'm not all better yet. My chiro wants to see me again on Friday. Seriously, years ago when I got rear-ended she fixed me in one visit, so I really did a job on myself this time. Last week, in a moment of clumsiness (not while working out, either) I wrenched my bad knee, and hip and lower back joined in also to go out of alignment.

Last night I did Winsor Pilates for the back. I plan to do only extremely gentle stretch/yoga/Pilates this week. Not going to swim this week. I used the last of my previous month's swim pass on Friday, so I'll get a new one next Monday.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 03:42 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, is it steamy hot down there? I'm melting up here. At least it's not as hot as the west coast.

Cynthia, take care.

Lynn, I believe what your neurologist said about the brain. When my back was so bad after 13 yrs of pain the anesthesiologist in pain management asked what I was feeling. I said pain. He said I should be feeling burning while he gave me an injection. He said I'd been in pain for so long that I couldn't differentiate between them. Everything feels like pain.

Cheryl, I thought about you walking your walking hills as I walked my yard earlier. The only flat ground I have is where the car is parked.

I got a cortisone injection this morning and already have full range of motion. I hope it stays. I need to do my exercises everyday until I get back strength that I lost.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 07:58 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Linda
Yes, very hot and humid here. I am glad to hear that you have gotten some relief with the cortisone.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk & CS 907 Ab & Waist

Have a Blessed evening

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-14-21, 06:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 17,890
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-14-21, 12:46 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'll be doing the 7 shoulder exercises. If I do them straight through it takes an hour with water breaks and interruptions. I'm going to spread them out throughout the day with long rests. The man always takes a few hours to do a workout when he has time and it sure works for him. Maybe I'll do some tai chi too.

Today would've been my 42nd wedding anniversary.

It's still too hot here.

Old 07-14-21, 12:50 PM  
lynnf

Finished day 9 of the 15 day barre 3 challenge (1 day behind since they are doing a number live and I don't want to exercise in the middle of the day); also keeping up with the 5X + a day of the stretches from my PT. It adds up to over an hour a day and is a bit hard to keep up with every day. I am also doing a meditation retreat for 3 hours a day for 3 days set up through the University. Yesterday was day one. It's pretty serious yoga pranayama (breathing) exercises--surprised the University would sponsor it. I enjoyed day 1, even though pranayama has not been especially interesting to me.

Cynthia, sorry to hear you are having alignment issues. Good you have a chiropractor who does not torture you! Hope that gets resolved soon.

Linda, great that the cortisone helped you. Hope you continue to do well. Do you have good AC up there? It hasn't been too bad heatwise in AR this year, but it has definitely gotten pretty hot. We were nervous as our AC is really old and has a leak, but so far it has held up this season. One guy came to service it and told us it was shot, but the next guy who came told us (a) that the first guy had not cleaned it as promised and (b) that it only had a slow leak and could hold up for some time. Hugs on the anniversary -- I know you are always going to mourn your wonderful husband of blessed memory.

Diana, are you doing your outdoor walks early or late to avoid the heat?

Last edited by lynnf; 07-14-21 at 12:51 PM. Reason: missing something
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 04:25 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a 20-minute Fitness Blender no equipment upper body workout, but it also included some core and lower body. And we walked quite far.

We went to the town on the other side of the river from Porto. We did a bit of the touristy thing, walking along the river where the street vendors and touristy restaurants and port wine houses are. It's also where you can take boat tours on the port boats, but we didn't do that today. We did ride on a cable car, which DD was ecstatic about (except when DH was trying to scare us by shaking it), and we walked across the bridge designed by Gustavo Eiffel (of the Eiffel Tower).

Tomorrow we are going to look at an apartment that another American is leaving, to see if it will work for us longterm. We also plan to take a train to other parts of Portugal to be sure this is the spot for us. We love Porto, but it is expensive compared to most other areas as far as home prices are concerned.

Lynn, the PT sounds like quite a time commitment! All of my dumbbells and my rack are in our storage unit in Nashville, and they will come over in the shipping container when our piano and other music gear comes. So I will have them within a couple of months. But for now I'm just trying to keep something going with body weight. I do have my yoga mat and some bands. The pike pushups etc. are not without challenge, so I think it's helping, at least.

Cynthia, your chiro sounds like she is worth her weight in gold. It's good that you have her around!

Linda, I'm glad the cortisone helped you. I have had mixed results with that It hurt bad and didn't help my tendonitis, but it did help my frozen shoulder.

Diana, I hope the weather cools down for you soon!
Old 07-14-21, 04:31 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Lynn - Thanks for the hugs. It's hard to get in all the stretches for PT. They think we have nothing better to do with our time. I always do them but I don't have to like them. My A/C stopped working last year. It was over 40 years old. With the new A/C and fairly new insulation that pest control installed my house is cooler than its ever been. Last year when my A/C stopped working my sweetie and his nephew drove 3 hours to put in a new window unit in the bedroom until the new whole-house unit could be installed and drove 3 hours back home. What a guy! It's powerful enough to keep everything cool except the kitchen. Meow Meow is afraid of it so I don't use it.

We had a storm and the temp dropped to 80. Meow and I are on the screened porch with locked doors. 80 is nice after mid-90's. It's climbing back up but I'll stay til it hits 85.