Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-21, 07:43 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Caroline's quad workout that she posted today with most of Epic Heat Day 7 (legs).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:39 PM  
bex

I finally did it! I had 2 days off because I was just tired, and then another 2 because it was a busy weekend, and also very hot. But last night was the night.

Caroline Girvan's EPIC Day 50 - Full Body HIIT.

I was curious to see whether I'd feel emotional, and the answer is not really. Probably because I've wandered through this rotation so slowly. But I did feel a rush of pride.

There were several moves where I looked at Caroline and thought, how the **** am I supposed to do that?!? And then I tried...and I could! I've gotten so much stronger and that also makes me proud.

The upside to my relaxed rotation is that I still want to do more Caroline. But I'll mix in even more of the other instructors I want to try.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:59 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I finally did it! I had 2 days off because I was just tired, and then another 2 because it was a busy weekend, and also very hot. But last night was the night.

I was curious to see whether I'd feel emotional, and the answer is not really. Probably because I've wandered through this rotation so slowly. But I did feel a rush of pride.

There were several moves where I looked at Caroline and thought, how the **** am I supposed to do that?!? And then I tried...and I could! I've gotten so much stronger and that also makes me proud.
Fantastic! What an accomplishment!

Erica
Old 07-13-21, 04:33 AM  
IceQueen07

Great Job Bex.!!!

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 06:55 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post

The upside to my relaxed rotation is that I still want to do more Caroline. But I'll mix in even more of the other instructors I want to try.
Great job!
Old 07-13-21, 07:01 AM  
buffmama

Today was my off day from Summertime Fine which I put off a few days and then did....Caroline! Some oldies so much easier but a good total body workout with lots of core. Sadly her Plyometric Drills was not follow along so I just stood there watching not knowing that. Interesting to see how much less muscular she looked before the EPICs. Here's what I did:
10 min Standing Abs - 11 min, all leg lift variations
FB Workout No Equipment - 24 min
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no. 1 - 4 min
Old 07-13-21, 07:43 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Caroline's Chest/Shoulders and Triceps workouts that she posted today. I liked chest/shoulders, but would like to go slower for chest. I felt rushed. Maybe I just need to increase my weights and be happy with fewer reps. Also, Kaleigh spin.

Erica
Old 07-15-21, 07:44 AM  
buffmama

Yesterday: how did I forget to post??
Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 day 31 Back and Biceps - 43 min
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no. 5 - 4 min
fitness_kaykay 15 min Mobility - Move & Breathe, Rest & Recovery FB - 16 min, 2 thumbs up

Today:
Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 day 32 Legs - 54 min
Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 day 35 Leg Stretch - 21 min
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no. 4 - 4 min

I liked the combo of weighted leg work followed by BW HIIT today. Getting used to the 30s work and modifying some by finishing one side before switching rather than increasing the weights.
ETA: Came back to plug fitness kaykay. She's a beast but the mobility work was relaxing and felt great. Some flow, some static moves.
Old 07-15-21, 08:57 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Sydney Pull workout from Transcend.

I have family coming and going starting Saturday for 9 days. Workouts will be tough (and sleep even tougher than it already is). I'm a little stressed about it but excited to see my kids - all four and one SO will be home together for about 48 hours and then two are leaving but two will be staying/leaving/coming back. I love having them here, but it's exhausting!

Erica
Old 07-15-21, 10:51 AM  
bex

Thanks everyone for the high fives!

After finishing EPIC I had 2 days off, mostly because I've just been crazy busy with work. But wanted to try something new, so tonight I reached for Nourish Move Love's SplitStrong Day 1 - Legs & Back.

I liked that it included a good mobility/warmup that was matched to the workout. I didn't preview, so I struggled a bit with what weights to grab for each move, especially because at one point she changed her mind and dived for a heavier weight in the last second before she started the circuit.

And the workout itself - it was ok. Not that hard, compared to Caroline. Nice to get something in when I only have 30 mins, but didn't give me that much of of a feeling of accomplishment. I might try some more when I have more time to do doubles.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle