Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-09-21, 01:41 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes. Unfortunately things are not going so well here. I have continued to have dizzy spells and a consult with a neurologist friend has indicated I have BVVP, a kind of vertigo from change in head position, so now I have to start physical therapy for that condition. The onset was right after my second session of physical therapy for the shoulder so it seems that this caused it, though the causes of BVVP are unclear according to the internet and usually relate to trauma to the head and neck, but maybe the shoulder is close enough. This is very disheartening.

Diana, glad the storm and rain didn't do too much damage.

Cynthia, I think the young lady graduated since I haven't seen her of late. If I do, I will ask her if she wants the pattern.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 02:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, so sorry about the vertigo. About 20 years ago, for no reason that I could see, I had vertigo. The Dr. gave me a prescription for it, which I didn't use up. The label cautioned against driving. No one mentioned PT. Eventually it went away & stayed away. I hope the PT helps and is not done by the one who hurt you.

check-in: lap swim

I have a few things to do around the house before my friend gets here. I need company more frequently to inspire me to tidy up. The lockdown didn't inspire me to clean things; I simply went feral with no witnesses.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 02:54 PM  
lynnf

Well apparently this condition is caused by calcium crystals in the ear getting into the wrong place. I think I am going to go to an audiologist who can do a procedure to get them back instead of a PT.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 08:58 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Lynn, sorry to here about the vertigo. And the frozen shoulder. I stopped driving in the 1970's because vertigo was so bad and no one could help me. It might have been stress induced because it stopped when I quit my job. But put me behind the wheel of a car and its back. I hear frozen shoulder is very painful but will go away.

I did Upper Body Split from Cathe's CrossTrain Express. An oldie but a goody. My honey worked out on the multi muscle unit and then we played a game with biceps. My arms are done for the day.

I'm getting an MRI tomorrow on my shoulder to see if I tore again. If it isn't torn I'll get a cortisone shot on Tuesday. If it's torn it can stay torn. I cannot wear a sling for six weeks again. I can't do it.

I haven't read the thread yet. Honey is telling me to put the phone down

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 09:26 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone decided on a place to check-in if the problems get worse with VF?

Lynn One of our church family had vertigo caused by the crystals in the ear. They did a therapy where she sat in a chair and they spun her around. It worked. I'm sure I simplified the description of the procedure too much.

Linda Keep us updated about the MRI.

Cynthia
It's hard to keep the house in order.

Check-In: 75 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:52 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Steps for yesterday: 16,254
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-10-21, 02:40 PM  
seabliss

Hi ladies, we're enjoying Portugal very much, even more than we imagined we would. I'm getting more than 10k steps (often much more) every day tramping about the city. However, some new restrictions are going into effect today that will limit restaurants, etc. on weekends and in the evenings. They have only had 5 deaths from covid in Portugal, but people wear masks as they walk down the street. You have to wear a mask if you are within 2 meters of others. The new restrictions are really a shame for the businesses. DH and I are vaccinated, but I know this country is still in the process of getting there.

Regardless, it is beautiful, with fresh breezes blowing, seagulls and church bells, fresh food, and very good water, wine, olive oil, etc. The food is so very inexpensive, except in the fancy tourist restaurants. And of course every street is another adventure. We can walk out of our flat to get a coffee, go to the market, or sit down to a delicious dinner (last night we had amazing Italian food), and we can walk to the city center or to the river (the city is on the Douro River and the Atlantic Ocean). We all love Porto, including DD, who did not want to move to Portugal. We will check out other areas as well, but we feel an affinity with this city. It was hotter these last two days about about 81, but it will only go to 73 tomorrow. So this is more like the San Francisco area weather-wise, and with the hills and trolleys and Golden-Gate style bridge too.

Lynn, I saw your post about vertigo and immediately thought of your ears. It seems better to me that it actually is your ears, because that seems easier to solve. I'm sorry you are having these health issues!

Linda, I hope your MRI shows that your shoulder is not torn!

Diana, I love that you planted those gardens. What a wonderful and thoughtful idea!

Cynthia, it sounds like you were pushing yourself a bit. And lol on the "going feral with no witnesses"!
Old 07-10-21, 07:31 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cheryl, you sound very happy so I'm happy for you.

I got my MRI results online. There's no tear but I have tendonosis and debris from where he shaved off the clavicle. The report suggests rest, ice, and light strength training. It will take 3 - 6 months to heal. I sure hope rest doesn't include wearing a sling.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 08:32 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Linda I'm glad there's no tear and you were able to get some information.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-11-21, 06:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 13,337
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana