Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-21, 03:05 PM  
DD546

Pilates Circle

I have a pilates circle, but I never use it. It seems like a great and versatile tool. Do any of you use a circle? Any favorite workouts that use it?
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 03:15 PM  
bubbles76

Some Pure Barre workouts use it. I like what I've viewed of the Karen Bought pilates workout with the ring, but never finished it. I may pull that out this week, thank you! Sometimes when I want to really challenge myself, I will pull out the circle instead of the stability ball for some Cathe workouts that work the inner thighs. Linda with Barlates also uses the circle.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 04:12 PM  
TracyQ

Good question. I look forward to reading the replies.

My favorite DVD is Bernadette Giorgi’s Pilate Circle Challenge. It’s an oldie but goodie that I still reach for.

https://www.amazon.com/Bernadette-Gi...s%2C160&sr=8-2

I recently found Juliette Wooten on YouTube. She has a Pilates Circle playlist on her channel. I haven’t tried any yet but plan to in the near future.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...F4FmI3QTHDwb4j

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 07:59 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Good question. I look forward to reading the replies.

My favorite DVD is Bernadette Giorgi’s Pilate Circle Challenge. It’s an oldie but goodie that I still reach for.

https://www.amazon.com/Bernadette-Gi...s%2C160&sr=8-2

I recently found Juliette Wooten on YouTube. She has a Pilates Circle playlist on her channel. I haven’t tried any yet but plan to in the near future.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...F4FmI3QTHDwb4j
I love Juliette Wooten. She has some serious good weight training workouts along with pilates and yoga. She has a new workout every day.
Old 07-07-21, 09:07 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
I love Juliette Wooten. She has some serious good weight training workouts along with pilates and yoga. She has a new workout every day.
pfhanna—I am going to check out some of her weight workouts too. I’m kind of old school with my weight work and mostly only do Cathe but I do venture out now and again. I’m in search of weight work that moves at a slower pace. I find Cathe moves too fast for me on a lot of exercises but I’ve been working out with her so long that I’ve adapted. Are you familiar with Cathe’s weight work? If yes, how would you compare the two. TIA.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 11:03 AM  
DD546

Great suggestions! Thnak you. Has anyone tried any of the Winsor pilates circle workouts?
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 11:11 AM  
Karla25

I like Karen Voight's pilates workout: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4453

My inner thighs felt the work, but it's not a total body workout.
Old 07-07-21, 11:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
Great suggestions! Thnak you. Has anyone tried any of the Winsor pilates circle workouts?
Yes I like the Winsor circle workouts a lot. There's a shorter one and a longer one but of course I can't remember the titles now. My favorite is probably Bernadette Giorgi's express pilates circle workout on her express dvd. I like her longer one too though.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 08:02 PM  
bfit

I think the circle can be used for a lot of the moves in the workouts that use the "Pilates ball" or what I call the "squishy ball". Jessica Smith has some and there are also some Barlates ones.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 11:56 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yes I like the Winsor circle workouts a lot. There's a shorter one and a longer one but of course I can't remember the titles now. My favorite is probably Bernadette Giorgi's express pilates circle workout on her express dvd. I like her longer one too though.
I've done both the 10 minute sculpting and the 20 minute circle Winsor workouts this week in fact. I like them both a lot.

Ana Caban has a very good pilates ring workout.

And of course Karen Voight's is a classic.

Tags
bernadette giorgi, juliette wooten, pilates circle, pilates ring