Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-04-21, 08:44 PM  
bex

Friday night I needed a restful workout, so I did Lauren Eckstrom's "The Trifecta Power + Yin + Restore". My balance was particularly bad during the power yoga section but for once I didn’t blame myself, I just kept going. The combination was a really restful slide into sleep.

Sunday night I did EPIC Day 48 Bodyweight and Dumbbell Upper Body Workout. My pushups felt weak but then again, she started us off with a 45 second super slow pushup, which was incredibly challenging. I went as slow as I possibly could which took me to 25 seconds, and then did another one for the remaining time. After that it was, on the bench, on my knees, with breaks - whatever I could do. Afterwards I felt like I needed a thorough stretch so I found Sydney Cummings Transcend Day 13 20 Min Upper Body Stretch.

Erica, I can understand your frustration. Sending you healing thoughts!

IceQueen, given your mood maybe you should take a break. I took 2 months off from EPIC to let my shoulder recover and was able to come back. A week off wouldn't make any difference, and there are lots of great 1 week programs out there.

Buffmama glad to see your reviews of Summertime fine. I'm so tempted to take this one next, but Caroline keeps putting out more content! Sooo many good choices.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 01:26 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post

Erica, I can understand your frustration. Sending you healing thoughts!

Buffmama glad to see your reviews of Summertime fine. I'm so tempted to take this one next, but Caroline keeps putting out more content! Sooo many good choices.
Thanks for the healing thoughts! You are so right about so many good choices! There is so much new content coming out and new (to me) instructors that the choices are a bit overwhelming! There are so many workouts I want to try! Caroline has new workouts this week and I am definitely going to do the first two - not so sure about the rest.

Yesterday, I did a Kaleigh Cohen spin workout that was really tough and then Sydney's most recent lower body workout. I was absolutely wiped out and my legs were so sore the rest of the day!

The spin workout was so good that I'm doing it again today along with some Kaleigh Cohen strength - chest/back. I've only done one of her strength workouts in the past and liked it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 07:59 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 25 FB Strength & Core. I felt lots of core work in all of the exercises.
Old 07-06-21, 06:31 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 27 Power Yoga. Sydney and yoga was not as good a combo as Sydney and pilates. Doesn't look like she repeated this experiment in this series so far.
Old 07-06-21, 07:40 AM  
Erica H.

I did the leg circuit workout Caroline posted yesterday and liked it plus spin bike with Kaleigh. Both great workouts.

Erica
Old 07-06-21, 10:42 AM  
bex

Tonight was Caroline Girvan's EPIC Day 49 Full body Strength and Stretch. The bodyweight circuits had me literally dripping sweat on my mat, despite the A/C going full blast. And I was glad that it was shorter and then followed by a long stretch, although I actually prefer my own yoga add-ons.

Warmed up today with Mike Dovananik's Quick & Fun Dynamic Warm Up. Which was exactly what it said it was. Would recommend!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 06:42 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 24 Lower Body Burnout. I will have booty doms for a few days... Followed by Viral Doge How to Stretch After Leg Day at bex's recommendation. Nice. I think I could stretch all day and I will still feel this workout.
Old 07-07-21, 08:57 AM  
Erica H.

I did Caroline's Upper Body complex that she posted yesterday. Liked it, but didn't love it. Also, Kaleigh spin.

Erica
Old 07-08-21, 07:18 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 23 Cardio and Abs. Too many moves with a lot of upper and lower limbs moving (with weights?!) makes it difficult to stay controlled and not apply pressure on pelvic floor. Modified as always.
Old 07-08-21, 09:47 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 24 Lower Body Burnout. I will have booty doms for a few days... Followed by Viral Doge How to Stretch After Leg Day at bex's recommendation. Nice. I think I could stretch all day and I will still feel this workout.
I did this workout today after reading your post. Also, Kaleigh spin.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle