Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-30-21, 04:58 PM  
IceQueen07

I think I am going to look into Sydney's workouts. You guys seem to like. Does she have a rotation to follow like Caroline and Heather? I have to have a rotation or I just waste time trying to decide.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 06:57 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I think I am going to look into Sydney's workouts. You guys seem to like. Does she have a rotation to follow like Caroline and Heather? I have to have a rotation or I just waste time trying to decide.
Most of her calendars are monthly, the summertime fine is 3 months with 3 phases.
Old 07-01-21, 07:51 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 16 Cardio and Ab Bootcamp and Day 21 Stretch Supersets of a cardio move and an ab move repeated 3x, 45 sec of work. Lots of spinal flexion in these moves both lower and upper simultaneously which I find too much pressure for me. I substituted some moves, did others, modified most. I think this type of workout is where Heather Robertson really shines (shout out) and moves that incorporate both cardio and abs at the same time might give a better workout overall. (I don't mean to be overly critical but am comparing the instructors in my head and just sharing my thoughts. If I thought this was terrible I would be moving on, and I'm not. After 3 months I might have my dream rotation figured out.)
Old 07-01-21, 08:33 AM  
Erica H.

I did the new Summertime Fine 3.0 Pull workout posted yesterday and liked it. Also, Kaleigh Cohen cycling.

Going to the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up. He said next step would be boot and MRI if no improvement, but I don't want either. We'll see...

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 02:12 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Going to the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up. He said next step would be boot and MRI if no improvement, but I don't want either. We'll see...

Erica
Good luck tomorrow

**Candice**
Old 07-01-21, 11:23 PM  
bex

Last night was EPIC Day 47 Leg Day, and boy howdy was it EPIC. When I finished my glutes had actually gone numb. But very proud that Caroline was using 10kg and I was using 6kg, plus a super-strong booty band.

Warmed up with Mr & Mrs Muscle 5 Min Warmup Full Body Blood Circulation + 5 Min Warmup Workout Lower Body & Glutes. Cool down was Jan Chuan's How to Stretch After Leg Day, of course!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 04:31 AM  
IceQueen07

Today was KINETIC Calisthenics Full Body Workout / No Equipment | EPIC II - Day 35. This is the first workout from Caroline that I really disliked. Maybe it was some of the moves or just that it put a lot of pressure on my hands or my mood, but I only made it to 80% before I called it quits.

I feel like I am getting burned out and I am only on Day 35. I am considering may be taking a break for a couple of days, do something different and then coming back where I left off. I hate to give up though, even if it is only temporary. I will have to think about it.

**Candice**
Old 07-02-21, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 19 Upper Body. Started off with back, yeah! My weights have definitely gone down since EPIC.
Old 07-03-21, 08:10 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 15 FB Sculpt. Good one. Getting more interested in continuing with Sydney now that week 3 is finished. Taking a Caroline 'break' after phase one is less appealing. Phase two looks good.
Old 07-03-21, 09:19 AM  
Erica H.

Workout today was Sydney's chest/triceps workout that she posted yesterday. I liked it a lot. Paused a few times because I went heavy and wanted to get more reps in. Also, Kaleigh Cohen spin.

Yesterday was an older Sydney lower body workout and Kaleigh Cohen spin.

My doctor appt...it was frustrating and discouraging. MRI ordered and I have an appointment in three weeks and then a follow-up visit with the doctor to go over results. He thinks I'm going to need surgery. DH hopes the MRI shows something minor that surgery will easily fix with a short recovery and I guess I'm hoping for the same thing. I'm just nervous nothing will show up and this will never heal or I'll need a more involved surgery that will take a long time to recover and not ever be able to run again. The uncertainty is making me really stressed - the injury happened on May 19th so it's been a very long time with no resolution.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle