Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-20-21, 10:24 AM  
bex

I've been meaning to try more Barlates, and something called "Feel Good' was definitely what by body was seeking. Picked out Barlates Feel Good Series Cardio Sculpt. I got a light sweat and appreciated the flowing movements, but I didn't love it. It does challenge my balance and my ankles so I feel like I should keep trying. But I really love intensity - either Caroline's type of workouts or power yoga.

Still felt like I needed a bit more stretch so added Heather Robertson's Relaxing Full Body Stretch, which was a lot of standard yoga stretches. I felt good afterwards. Glad I didn’t push myself to do Caroline.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 08:22 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 40 min FB Strength - 43 min

Shorter work periods and longer rest periods set this apart from Caroline. Pyramided for some of the exercises based on my original weight selection.
Old 06-22-21, 08:48 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Caroline's new complex leg workout that she posted yesterday and a Kaleigh Cohen spin workout.

Yesterday, I did 35 min SAVAGE UPPER BODY DUMBBELL Workout by DanielPTFitness and liked it a lot. That was my first workout using this channel. I could go as heavy as I wanted to. And I did another Kaleigh spin workout.

4 1/2 weeks since my injury and still have pain and swelling (although less than originally). I feel like I'm never going to run (or even walk) again.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 03:16 PM  
IceQueen07

I'm still plugging along with Epic II, halfway through it. I saw her new complex ones and as much as I want to try those, I am going to stick with my Epic II and get through it.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 10:09 PM  
bex

IceQueen, I feel the same way. I've been eyeing other workouts, notably Heather's new Glow Up Challenge, but am determined to stick with EPIC 1 until I finish. Especially since I'm in the home stretch.

Last night I pulled myself off the sofa and did EPIC Day 44 Full Body Dumbbell Advanced Complex. I enjoyed it more than I thought, I found the format easy to follow and kind of meditative. During the first complex I was a little disappointed because the weight I can hold for that long (10 lb dumbbells) didn't feel that challenging. But after 10 mins I was dripping sweat and certainly by the end all the large muscle groups felt nicely toasted.

With that behind me, I won't be rushing to her new complex series until my grip strength gets a bit better.

Next up is the Day 45 EMOM that everyone says was the hardest part of EPIC I. Let's see if I can face it.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 07:27 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I'm still plugging along with Epic II, halfway through it. I saw her new complex ones and as much as I want to try those, I am going to stick with my Epic II and get through it.
I was soooo ready to be done with these way before I actually was. Two rest days a week helped but not enough for me to head into Heat.
Old 06-23-21, 07:30 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
IceQueen,
Next up is the Day 45 EMOM that everyone says was the hardest part of EPIC I. Let's see if I can face it.
For EPIC II I modified EMOM more right from the beginning. So I did her lower numbers and then modified it again. Now I just tell myself that I'm working on my weakest link for that particular exercise and keep it moving without killing myself. Because there is always another workout tomorrow.
Old 06-23-21, 07:39 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
IceQueen
Last night I pulled myself off the sofa and did EPIC Day 44 Full Body Dumbbell Advanced Complex. I enjoyed it more than I thought, I found the format easy to follow and kind of meditative. .
This is why I really like the complexes - they do feel kind of meditative for me.

Just finished Caroline's upper body complex that she posted yesterday and a Kaleigh Cohen spin workout. Both were great workouts, but I'm really tired of the bike and want to get back to running or at least walking.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 07:45 AM  
buffmama

Summertime fine 3.0 Day 9 Cardio and Abs. This was 4 min supersets of 1 cardio and ab move with 1 min rest. I mixed my impact and increased the cardio duration since I did pilates prior to this workout. Much better than week 1.
Old 06-23-21, 07:46 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I'm really tired of the bike and want to get back to running or at least walking.

Erica
Is boxing a consideration?

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle