Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-19, 03:52 AM  
IceQueen07

Classical Stretch

I love lifting heavy and normally workout now with Cathe, KCM & Jessica Smith. But, as I get older, things start aching more and more, and I know I need more stretching, yoga, mobility work, etc. I see posts here about Classical Stretch - are the sets worth the $$? For those who do them, do you see results? What do you like best? Trying to get as much info as possible before I invest any $$. I really don't want to do the streaming option. Thanks.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 05:33 AM  
Sandrine

Hi, Candice,
Have you checked your local PBS affiliates? One of mine runs CS at 5:30am. I was able to record a few episodes and try the method before purchasing. It also helped me decide how much I liked Season 7 before making the investment!
Hth,
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 06:04 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Hi, Candice,
Have you checked your local PBS affiliates? One of mine runs CS at 5:30am. I was able to record a few episodes and try the method before purchasing. It also helped me decide how much I liked Season 7 before making the investment!
Hth,
Sandrine
No, I haven't. Thanks. I will look.

**Candice**
Old 05-02-19, 06:41 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I love lifting heavy and normally workout now with Cathe, KCM & Jessica Smith. But, as I get older, things start aching more and more, and I know I need more stretching, yoga, mobility work, etc. I see posts here about Classical Stretch - are the sets worth the $$? For those who do them, do you see results? What do you like best? Trying to get as much info as possible before I invest any $$. I really don't want to do the streaming option. Thanks.
I think the seasons are worth it. You get 30 workouts in each of them. I just did season 7, 8, 9, 10 and am starting season 11. Miranda accentuates whatever new thing she is focused on at the time it seems. And they were all good (to me anyway). One thing I notice about season 7 is that it has many of the things that are in the Essentrics 2012 workout. I may have that wrong, I hope not, if so someone (Jackie, or Pam?) please correct me. I was delighted; I really liked it.

Also, since I did the seasons in order I got a feel for them better. I really like them all. Season 11 and 12 move slower (I'm on 11 this month but have done them all before) but I will say once I learned Miranda's ways I am able to simply go a bit deeper or pull out further... it is no problem
I really like these seasons a lot. This time around I put faces next to the episode heart, smile, or unhappy face to mark how I felt about it.

I also now own most all offerings they have. the upper body does get worked but not enough for my taste. Well the back actually gets worked a lot and the core. The chest and arms, mine anyway, need a bit more stimulation. Anyway Since they are only :23 it is easy to add something else on.

IHTH
Old 05-02-19, 06:48 AM  
IceQueen07

Julia - thanks for that. Any input on what season would be good to start with since I have never done before? I checked on my local PBS and they of course don't carry it.

**Candice**
Old 05-02-19, 07:00 AM  
anjabear

I think I started with season 8. They all seem good to me. I really like 11 and 7. But also really like 8, 9 and 12! I'm sorry no help!
I did a 6 week only essentrics/Classical stretch and my body felt so much better. I could walk to the bathroom at night and not feel like a creaky, old person.
It has just gotten better and better. Seriously. I think Miranda gets better with time but I am happy I own all of the ones I do own.
Well there are a few I am not crazy about. Like her volume 3 Full Body Workout. She goes so slow in the beginning I haven't made it past once all the way through and a few starters where I took it out of the player because her instruction seemed to drag the workout to slowly. But all the seasons I have are worth it.

edited to add: I looked at my season cases and season 10 has an awful lot of hearts on it next to the episodes
Old 05-02-19, 07:08 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Someone will eventually chime in and recommend trying Essentrics TV before you buy DVDs. That way you can try all the seasons. There are also lots of Essentrics workouts aside from the Classical Stretch season DVDs. I have quite a few, but can’t give up my heavy strength workouts yet. I do CS here and there when I’m sore somewhere or when I feel I just need a good stretch.

What converted me to a believer rather than a “what the heck are these going to do for me?” was reading Miranda’s two books that explain how all the muscles work together, etc. Did you see the thread yesterday about someone who’s been doing a combo of KCM and CS?

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225783
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 07:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I also recommend trying a month of Essentrics TV before making up your mind. The seasons are a big investment and you're stuck if you don't care for it. At VF you will read "Oh I love that season" and "OMG I couldn't get rid of that season fast enough."

You also get to try all the Essentrics programs.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 07:52 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Hi, Candice,
Hth,
Sandrine
Same here. Currently running here with is the Pain Relief/Weight Loss season...
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 08:01 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

In addition to PBS, you can also check at your local library for Classical Stretch Seasons.

I'd also encourage you to do the streaming for a month. It's only $14.95 and easy to cancel. Each of the seasons has a different objective and the individual workouts are also great and serve a different purpose.

Not knowing what you're looking for, the newest workouts and seasons have Miranda's most recent research and ideas. Seasons 11 and 12 are all about moving slowly and softening fascia and although some think those workouts are too easy...they can been deceptively difficult and may be what your body needs if you continue to lift heavy. I like Season 11 better than 12. Not sure why. The connective tissue workouts...gentle but yet effective....and a great way to address pain and recovery.

I also love all the new workouts that are exclusive to ETV. I am not nuts about streaming, but I do love ETV and am finding now that is what I pick to do. It's money well spent.

The CS seasons are an investment and I'd hate to see you pay $64.95 plus shipping and be unhappy with your purchase. Try out the streaming for a month and see if you like the workouts...sample a variety of the offerings...and then if you want to invest in a season you can make an educated choice.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stetch, classical stretch seasons