Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-08-21, 05:30 PM  
seabliss

The day before yesterday I did an upper body band workout followed by a two-minute plank and some yoga. Then we went on a trip to see some houses. I didn't get to work out yesterday or today, but I did walk enough miles today. It was DD's first official day of school, and I had to help her get ready. Getting the new printer working was pretty stressful, but we did it. Things should calm down soon.

Lynn, have a great trip!
Old 09-08-21, 06:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: lap swim, about 40 min. My month's membership ended. I re-upped for a year.

Diana, I liked grilled food but not enough to do it myself.

Cheryl, glad you prevailed over your printer! I got one for the first time last year; a very simple one, but I needed help to make it work. I always used to print things out at public libraries, but libraries closed during the lockdown and my friends got tired of printing things for me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 09:19 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Yay for getting the printer hooked up.

Cynthia DH does the outdoor grilling. I have a grill pan but it's not the same.

No workout to report but I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 11:42 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I wanted to share some info about Ms. Connie. They did another scan and the cancer is still stable. She will continue to get treatments followed by breaks to help her regain her strength. Praise the Lord she is still doing well.

Steps for yesterday: 5,195
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-09-21, 04:58 PM  
lynnf

We are back -- 2 days of lots of praying and if the plague stops, you know whom to thank! We ate way too much honey cake. Now just trying to catch up with things.

Cheryl, OMG, DD is starting school. What school is she going to and how is it going? Is it in English?

Diana, such great news about Ms. Connie! That is fantastic, and just praying her health stays stable

Cynthia, thanks for the holiday wishes. They probably were too sweet, as per honey cake issue above mentioned. It is always good to have a printer and now they are so cheap. DH has managed to get us probably 5, so at least one seems to manage to work at any given time. (They were good deals -- he couldn't resist, you know how that goes.)
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 05:08 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Blogilates' new band workout for inner and outer thighs (that was a burner) followed by Zanna van Dijk's 6-minute Intense Booty Burner with bands. I didn't get as many steps today as I wanted (less than 6k), but it was raining.

We did walk after the rain this evening to our favorite wonderful cafe, which is owned by a (very famous in Brazil) recording engineer and musician. He has photos of his life in recording and performing on the walls, and he has just started this cafe with the most delicious casual food (sandwiches, salads, etc.) and wine. He also still records at a big studio here in Porto. Everything he touches is artistic. And he is so kind and friendly to us. His cafe is my happy place!

Diana, that is wonderful news about Ms. Connie!

Cynthia, the pool is a great thing to be able to keep up. We were grilling a lot in the U.S. I would make the marinades and DH would grill (protein and vegetables). It's very easy, healthy, fresh, delicious, and few dishes to wash. I think we will get some kind of grill here when we get into our longterm place later this month.
Old 09-09-21, 05:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, glad you had a good trip. Any chance of a honey cake recipe?

Diana, Ms. Connie is a champion! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Cheryl, I like grilled food, just don't want to do it myself. Maybe next summer....

I woke up early (for me; I've been sleeping a lot lately). Made & delivered pancakes, dropped off a sack of books at a local church that actually wants books. Got groceries. Then I felt exhausted & a bit queasy & took a nap. This will probably be a rest day.

About the pancakes: this batch was from Leslie Sansone's Eat Smart, Walk Strong book. Whole grain plus almond meal and no sweetening. DD loved them and was surprised when I told her that. She does put syrup on them. The request from this year's winner of the pancakes subscription was, no sugar. I actually found a dozen recipes with no sweetening of any kind - so sugar,no honey, no syrup, no strange modern sugar substitute. Some of them use bananas or unsweetened applesauce, but that's okay.

If anyone wants the recipe, I can send a screenshot.
Old 09-09-21, 08:40 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 20 minute outdoor walk (had to stop because it started raining) and CS 1021 Calorie Burning Workout

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-10-21, 06:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I'll be cleaning the house today.

Steps for yesterday: 8,297
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-10-21, 05:47 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Felt good today. I walked my downtown errands, felt like a long time.