Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-21, 06:37 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I don't know...I get everything mixed up. I've only done a few from Strong so far and haven't clicked with any of them. I really like Fit and Strong - that's my favorite of her actual programs, although there are specific workouts I like from all of them. I was really excited about Strong so it's been disappointing for me to not like the workouts much so far.

Erica
Thanks for feed back. I'm sure I'll try them.
Another plus for EPIC Heat (for me) - no dedicated ab work. I do pilates daily and am not a fan of Caroline's ab work so this works in my favor. But I do certainly feel my core during a lot of the exercises (and then sometimes it poops out and I have to lower my weights).
Old 09-20-21, 07:25 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
not a fan of Caroline's ab work so this works in my favor. But I do certainly feel my core during a lot of the exercises (and then sometimes it poops out and I have to lower my weights).
I agree. I prefer to do abs on my own and always skip her ab segments. But she does work the core with many of her exercises - all those renegade rows and push-ups!

Kaleigh spin this morning followed by Caroline's Epic III upper body destroyer from last week (chest/shoulders/triceps). This was my second time doing it and I really like it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 07:59 AM  
buffmama

Yesterday was EPIC Heat Day 12 Opposing Upper Body. Today was EPIC Heat Day 13 Iso & Plyo Lower Body. Thumbs up on both. Yesterday I used everything from 6.5 - 20lbs, today was a 25 and 20lbs for one or two exercises. Really like the short length of these.
Old 09-22-21, 08:41 AM  
Erica H.

I really liked Epic Heat, too. Got a lot done in a shorter amount of time.

Epic III quads/calves yesterday. Skipped the calf work and added on some deadlifts at the end. Liked it.

Epic III upper body complexes today. It was a good workout but I felt like there was too much shoulder work and not enough chest/back. I probably won't do it again because of that. The shoulder and bicep work was really tough, though.

Kaleigh spin both days.

Erica
Old 09-23-21, 07:28 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Heat Day 14 FB DB

Started with 20lbs for the squats and DLs, quickly decreased that. Did all my DLs as 1 1/2s.
Old 09-23-21, 08:31 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Epic III quads/calves again. Same as last time when I subbed deadlifts for the calf work.

I like doing the 1 1/2 DLs and do that too when I'm using lighter weights - or even pulses.

Erica
Old 09-24-21, 06:54 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Heat Day 15 FB BW HIIT. I looked like a snail compared to Caroline. But the strength/balance etc to do the moves required me to go the speed I was. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Old 09-24-21, 07:39 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC Heat Day 15 FB BW HIIT. I looked like a snail compared to Caroline. But the strength/balance etc to do the moves required me to go the speed I was. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Hey, at least you did it! I don't even try her HIIT! They are way too much for me.

Kaleigh spin and Sydney's Strong No Repeat Upper Body that she posted yesterday. It was fun but I don't know that I'd do it again. I usually don't care for no repeat workouts anyway but this was unbalanced with less chest/triceps work than back/shoulders/biceps. Her shoulders are so strong - she used 25s for all the overhead stuff. I'm afraid to go that heavy and stick with 20s. I could probably handle a few more pounds but 25s would be risky for me I think. I was really looking forward to Strong but it's just not a good match for me.

Erica
Old 09-25-21, 08:56 AM  
Erica H.

Well, after saying Sydney's Strong program wasn't working for me, I tried her 50 Minute Leg EMOM Workout and liked it! Also did Kaleigh spin. Tomorrow I'll do Sydney's Upper Body Supersets that she posted today.

Erica
Old 09-25-21, 09:03 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Heat Day 16 Shoulders and Triceps

8lb were my base with some 10s and 6.5s. I kept waiting for rear delts but none of those here.

I really like Sydney's lower body work. Somehow it felt like a lot of glute work. Maybe because we worked them more frequently. That's probably why I'm looking to add in more glute work in my pilates workouts!

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle