Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-21, 08:03 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve noticed when checking postmarks on letters from my pen pals that sometimes the letters are taking a LONG time to get to the recipient. So I just wanted to point out that a lack of continuity in my letters could be because I am slowly losing my mind but it could also be because I haven’t received some letters that you mailed an eternity ago.
I seem to be losing my mind pretty quickly, but yes, your last note took awhile to get here based on the postmark. Nevertheless, I figured it out. Hey, if that’s the worst thing that happens on any given day, it’s a good day and I’m happy.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-21, 10:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
And while I’m on the subject of mail - every few weeks I mail 3 or 4 magazines to my mom in a manila envelope. When the guy that runs the post office is working, I always get charged $10.95 in postage. When I asked him why it’s so much he said it’s based on the envelope weight plus how far it’s going. I don’t know if I believe that, though, especially seeing how if a different employee is working, I always get charged $3.00. Anyone know if he’s correct?
Most of my family is in Arizona and anytime I would mail anything to them (from 1,500-2,500 miles away) it was expensive, depending on the state I lived in at the time. And, postage seems to increase each year, also. The postal worker is probably correct, in that it's based on weight as well as origin and destination zip code.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 06:20 AM  
Demeris

Quote:

And while I’m on the subject of mail - every few weeks I mail 3 or 4 magazines to my mom in a manila envelope. When the guy that runs the post office is working, I always get charged $10.95 in postage. When I asked him why it’s so much he said it’s based on the envelope weight plus how far it’s going. I don’t know if I believe that, though, especially seeing how if a different employee is working, I always get charged $3.00. Anyone know if he’s correct?
It seems that sometimes you're getting charged media mail rate and sometimes full rate. Since they are magazines, they ought to be sent media mail rate. Tell him it's printed matter, and you want to send it as media mail.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 11:41 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I'm pretty sure you're technically not allowed to send magazines that contain advertisements using the Media Mail rate. That's not to say it's never done; it's just not supposed to be done. Apparently comic books also aren't supposed to be sent using the Media Mail rate either.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-...Mail-Book-Rate
https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

Unabridged list of media mail eligible items:
https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/173.htm
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 03:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

I got the round robin packet today!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 09:51 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Round Robin Penpal letters!

That's good to know! I was wondering if we were still doing this and if it was happening for the 2nd time around! Looking forward to reading about what you all have been up to!

Current Rotation:
Old 09-26-21, 06:55 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Fanofladyvols….did you get it from me (Debbie in OK)? I tried to send you a personal message about it but apparently something went wrong.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 06:58 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Fanofladyvols….did you get it from me (Debbie in OK)? I tried to send you a personal message about it but apparently something went wrong.
_____
YADeb
I never got a PM from you but yes, the packet was from you! I don't think you are who I received the packet from the first round though? Anyway, I sent this round to Pam (after I checked with her and she said she hadn't seen the second round) since she was who I sent it to last time.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm so behind on my Pen Pal writing. The recent move has fried my brain. I hope to get some notes done this weekend.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 04:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

With my mom's passing, I got behind, too! Please know how much I look forward to those letters and how much they brighten my day!

Thank you, Pen Pals!

Current Rotation:

Tags
getting to know you, pen pals, penpals, round robin, vf love