Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 04-25-05, 01:05 PM  
Kim79

Plantar fasciitis?

Hi everyone - What is Plantar fasciitis? Thank you!!

Kim
Kim79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 01:32 PM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Kim 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim79
Hi everyone - What is Plantar fasciitis? Thank you!!

Kim
Here's a link that explains much better than I could:

http://heelspurs.com/index.html

HTH,

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 10:47 PM  
Cathi
VF Supporter

What I've tried:

1) Orthotics + sandals
You can wear orthotics with sandals if the sandals have a back--the part that wraps around the heal. I had a couple pairs of wonderful Italian leather (think buttery soft) sandals from Munro (they no longer make them) that were beautiful, elegant and great with orthotics.

2) Danskos--I agree with WWWendy, the Professional stapled clog has the best support, the stapled sandals less so but better than any other sandals I've found.

3) Arch supports--I recently purchased a pair of peel and stick Pedag arch supports that can be placed inside shoes or sandals. They come in different sizes and are meant for shoes/sandals that don't allow for orthotics. I placed them in a pair of sandals and they feel wonderful. I haven't worn them yet as I haven't decided which pair of sandals will be my test shoes. You can purchase them at www.feetrelief.com They have Pedag Step Arch Supports (the ones I purchased) and Pedag Balance Arch Supports (same thing--lower arch support). They seem to have very nice customer service. Call or email David if you have questions.

Cathi
Old 05-27-05, 07:27 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I just wanted to add to this thread and say that Keen shoes are great!

www.keenfootwear.com

They have good arch support and they are very comfortable. I have only been wearing them for about 2 weeks, so I'm not sure how well they hold up, but they look like they are excellent quality.

They have limited styles, and this doesn't really address the cute dressy shoe problem, but they do have flip-flops for those that like going barefoot. I haven't bought those Saratoga sandals Daphne posted about above, but I will be buying them this weekend. (I've already tried them on.) I have the Newport water sandals, and the Santa Cruz clogs. I just bought the Amalfi clogs on-line, because they look nicer and like they might work for me at work.

If you want to try them on, they sell them at REI and Nordstom's.

They are a very new company, only 2 years old - so I am hoping their line expands in the future, and they have more attractive styles in the future.
Old 05-27-05, 07:00 PM  
Susie F.
VF Supporter

Love Birks

My left heel is acting up again. Lots of advil, stretches, and good shoes

I almost only wear birkenstocks now. I love all the different styles they have now. I used to choke at the prices. But now there are so many places to buy that are economical. I buy almost all of mine through www.qvc.com or www.hsn.com And I hate the home shopping channel! But they usually carry the Briki and betula lines, which are the more trendy, cool stlyes, but they still have the great birkienstock support and cork footbed.

These are the last two styles I bought and I love them

Katharine Slide

Indira Slide
Old 05-27-05, 07:19 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie F.

These are the last two styles I bought and I love them

Katharine Slide

Indira Slide
Ooooh, Susie - I like! Does that last one, the Indira - actually STAY on your feet? don't the beads kind of poke you? They're awfully cute, though.

and how've you been, anyway?

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 07:32 PM  
Susie F.
VF Supporter

They stay on my feet well enough. I only wear them to work when I know I will be in the office It did take a little bit to get used to, that little wood ball rolling around. But I thought they were cute and I had to have them. I must have 30 pairs of Birks. They are so comfortable.

Sophie, I have been so busy. I quite my job that eased a lot of stress, got wooed by another company. I have been traveling a lot. I think I will be spending a lot of time in Marathon/Thunder Bay area and Trail for the summer. Ive missed being around VF but time has been to short
Old 05-27-05, 10:06 PM  
Kimberly33

Susie! It's so good to see you! I'm glad you quit your job--you had seemed so unhappy there.

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 08:36 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Update after Shopping

Hi All. I went shopping this past Saturday and purchased two pairs of sandals:

Rockport: http://www.softmoc.com/us/systemshow-item_IAPW10143M

Romika: http://www.softmoc.com/us/systemshow-item_I2876-9-100

The Romika's have a removable cork footbed - my orthotics fit in them The Rockports are comfy and will be worn a lot around the office this summer I'm sure, but not so much for walking, standing, etc I had to get them though - they were marked down to $60 CDN, and after buying the Romika's, my frequent buyer points gave me another $30 discount

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 10:55 AM  
TMRDSR1

I have a pair of Sketchers Sandals that I could hike in!! They have a thick supportive bottom like a sneaker but then cute leather straps. They are more industrial looking than most of my sandals but I love to wear them when I'm going to do a lot of walking. My husband who has arthritist in he feet real bad has a men's Sketcher sandals and loves them.
TMRDSR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plantar fasciitis, shoes