Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-20, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Carol -

I like the looks of that rotation. I have both of those workouts on the way to me. I had somehow missed those - or maybe I was off my FIRM phase when they came out?

For now, I'm alternating the Basics every other day and throwing "whatever" in between. Today I did Ellen's new upper body workout on her streaming site and her Might Mat Pilates, also on streaming. I will also try to get a mile or two of a walking in today- more for activity than exercise!

Tomorrow I have Basics Fat Burning on the agenda.

So glad I saw this thread yesterday - new workout inspiration!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 01:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Great minds think alike - i immediately thought of Lablover's Firm rotations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Here it is. I actually used this rotation to get into regular exercise. I love it and find it truly doable even for a complete beginner.

Lablover's All-FIRM Beginner/Intermediate Rotation

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...read.php?t=885

also, the list of abbreviations are shown here:

thru BSS2, 2003 (a nice walk down memory lane):
http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/firmnames.php

thru Zip Trainer, 2013:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=205615

i also tagged this thread with Lablover's rotations so that you can see other The Firm rotations contributed from Lablover.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 11:53 AM  
SueT

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Firm Basics Abs, Buns, and Thighs?

I did Firm Basics Fat Burning yesterday and loved it! I never bought the Basics years ago because I thought they would be too easy, but now at age 58 with a right knee that has gone through surgery, they would be perfect for building up my strength again.

I bought Fat Burning maybe 4 years ago and never used it, and I found Sculpting with Weights for $25 on Amazon and just bought that one, but Buns, Hips, and Thighs is not available on Amazon. I want the DVD, not the VHS, even though my son could probably convert the VHS to a DVD for me. And streaming is very difficult with the way my house is set up.

Any suggestions? I’m so glad this thread was started about the Basics! I had forgotten all about them. The time goes by so fast with Firm workouts because of all the exercise changes, from weights to cardio and back again. It was a refreshing change to do a Firm workout again. It brought back so many memories of when I was younger!

Thanks so much for any suggestions on where I can get BHT, or what I can use as a substitute workout that would be a similar intensity. I have almost every other workout the Firm ever made, including the Fitprimes and Kickbutts.

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 05:24 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

This one is sold out at Fitness Favorites and other places, therefore may be tough to find now. Unless you can find it up for trade. Or have your son convert the VHS to DVD.

Someone mentioned the Prime Powers, there was a Lower Body workout that I think you can still find. Maybe that would be comparable? Looks like Fitness Favorites still has it for $9.99.

https://www.fitnessfavorites.com/product-p/pplbs.htm

Maybe others can chime in with their thoughts on this one. I no longer have it but used to and thought it was a nice workout. There were a lot of lunges though so keep that in mind, but they use the dowel for many of them, similar to ABT.

It was really nice to have all the Firms on DVD, but now they have gone out of print again and people who do have them are holding onto them (myself included).
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 09:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

What about the basics 12 minute version?..I'm thinking those would be good options which is still available. (Not many though!)

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/The...DVD-p/2197.htm

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 02:58 PM  
lizh

Buns, Hips, and Thighs looks to be available on ebay.
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm basics, firm rotation, lablover's rotations, the firm