Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-20, 11:02 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I work in a very small WalMart in a small town. We ran out of hand sanitizer a couple of days ago and chlorox etc. wipes were getting low today. We still have plenty of toilet paper, water, etc.

So...how do I keep from touching my face a zillion times a day? Any tips or tricks? I tried to be aware today and still found myself rubbing my itchy nose before I could stop myself. I've joked that I am going to get some skunk spray or other equally offensive stuff from sporting goods and smear it on my hands. Any less extreme ideas would be welcome.
_____
YADeb
Bandages in the fingertips can stop you. You need a good supply be because you’ll have to remove the bandage with every hand- wash. Another one is to cut off tips of tight nitrile gloves to make fingertip covers, but don’t be tempted to leave them on when you wash.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 01:52 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Research team has isolated the COVID-19 virus

https://sunnybrook.ca/research/media...-isolated-2020

Canada to the rescue!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-13-20, 02:12 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I have become sickened, not by the corona virus, but the media and the over dramatization of it all. Ridiculous! Just a way to tank the economy. I will continue to shop, eat out and try to enjoy life. My God, they act as if people are dying on the streets.

When I went to get my mom at the assisted living place yesterday, I had to fill out a form if I was showing signs. I ask why they don't do this every year? Every Fall, there should be a form for family members to fill out for any colds or flus. I will not listen to any news until this is over. And, it will end. This is so political and unnecessary.

I need to pick up some things for dinner tonight. We'll see if the shelves are bare.
I’m going to respectfully disagree with you. I don’t think it’s political, the entire world is impacted by this. It’s a pandemic.

I don’t want to catch it. I hope people who have it or were exposed to it act responsibly and stay home.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 02:18 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I’m going to respectfully disagree with you. I don’t think it’s political, the entire world is impacted by this. It’s a pandemic.

I don’t want to catch it. I hope people who have it or were exposed to it act responsibly and stay home.
I am in complete agreement with Suzanne. We are isolating ourselves as much as possible. We are 66 and 75 and both have asthma. It only makes sense

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 02:28 PM  
Leonana

Quote:

I agree too. It might have been mentioned already in the thread, but the social isolation is to "flatten the curve." If you can limit the amount of cases, it gives the hospitals a better chance of coping. If everyone gets sick at once, the hospitals won't be able to handle those that need care. That's happening in Italy. But if you can stagger it, then they will be better able to treat everyone.

Unfortunately, our economy is based on social interaction. It's going to be a financial hit, but it's better to take action now, and limit it as much as possible.
Old 03-13-20, 03:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I agree too. It might have been mentioned already in the thread, but the social isolation is to "flatten the curve." If you can limit the amount of cases, it gives the hospitals a better chance of coping. If everyone gets sick at once, the hospitals won't be able to handle those that need care. That's happening in Italy. But if you can stagger it, then they will be better able to treat everyone.

Unfortunately, our economy is based on social interaction. It's going to be a financial hit, but it's better to take action now, and limit it as much as possible.
Exactly. It's really irresponsible for people to be out doing things that are not absolutely necessary.
Old 03-13-20, 03:09 PM  
Gams

I think it’s best for people to stay close to home. There were people being interviewed on the news last night who were taking vacations because they can get cheap flights now. I think that’s a bad idea.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 04:21 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:

Totally agree. Some family members think this is all political and I just shake my head. Everything is a conspiracy Irresponsible to say the least.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 04:49 PM  
sherry7899

I agree also. A woman in my county just tested positive. Apparently even when she was not feeling well she went to a dance party in NY and an event at a local hospital in NJ. I hope she did not get anyone else sick or spread it to people with vulnerable family members. It was very irresponsible.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 05:29 PM  
s2546

I agree. also the flu or a cold is nowhere near as contagious and deadly to older people in nursing homes This virus stays on surfaces for days.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing