Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-18, 08:37 AM  
TracyQ

Looking for Recommendations for Plank Workouts

Hi All—I’m planning on adding a short (10-15 minutes) plank workout onto my HIIT training days. Yesterday I did Jessica Smith’s YouTube 14-minute plank workout.

Can you recommend any others? They can be DVD or YouTube with YouTube being my preference.

TIA.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Tracy,

Pahla Bowers just posted this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Op3KTuK_6A

She may have more, she is known for her "finishers" because when you are done, you are not finished, LOL!

I really enjoy her - she has a great personality!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 10:12 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

When I think of plank work, I think of Horizontal Conditioning Sandra doesn't really have free stuff on youtube too much, but her DVDs are great. You can always skip the standing sections to just focus on the plank work, especially her 101 series which are shorter.

I also think of Leah from Ballet Body. Her total body DVD has a 20 minute ab chapter, of which about 11 minutes are in various plank poses. Here upper body DVD has a 45 minute or so workout of which about 20 minutes are non stop various plank poses.

I would say Barlates, she does tons of work in plank pose, but can't think of a workout where she's all plank for a 10-15 minute stretch of time. You might peruse her youtube collection though.

What about our own VFer momof10? She has youtube workouts and I remember doing some that were all in plank pose and how tough they were, I specifically recall #8 which used the wall She has a series (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_q5...mlcDO6rnD0jt1-) I need to do her stuff more. You are great momof10!!
Old 10-05-18, 01:44 PM  
TracyQ

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them out this weekend.

I have some Horizontal Conditioning workouts that I haven’t pulled out in ages. They are so challenging that they always end up in the back of my cabinet. Thanks for reminding me.

That’s cool about MomOf10. I remember her from the forum. I can’t wait to check those out.

Old 10-06-18, 08:23 AM  
SandyT

I just pull out any old horizontal conditioning DVD and do 10 to 15 minutes. That makes them more doable and much less of a dread factor. Then the next time I pull out that same DVD and do the next 10 to 15 minutes. This has worked really well for me. I've gotten good results.
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 08:36 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Not exactly a workout, but I downloaded a 30 day plank challenge app to my phone and it has really worked for me to become consistent with doing planks just about every day.

It has 6 different level of difficulty challenges, I started with an intermediate challenge and it has slowly built every day, adding more time to the countdown timers and more variety of plank moves.

I downloaded a bunch to try, my favorite one was Jozic productions. It is free and has minimal ads.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 10:34 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyT View Post
I just pull out any old horizontal conditioning DVD and do 10 to 15 minutes. That makes them more doable and much less of a dread factor. Then the next time I pull out that same DVD and do the next 10 to 15 minutes. This has worked really well for me. I've gotten good results.
This is a great idea. Thanks.

Old 10-06-18, 10:40 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Not exactly a workout, but I downloaded a 30 day plank challenge app to my phone and it has really worked for me to become consistent with doing planks just about every day.

It has 6 different level of difficulty challenges, I started with an intermediate challenge and it has slowly built every day, adding more time to the countdown timers and more variety of plank moves.

I downloaded a bunch to try, my favorite one was Jozic productions. It is free and has minimal ads.
I’m old school so never would have thought of doing this but I love it. I am going to get an app today so I can start tomorrow. I used to do planks all the time and I stopped when I injured my shoulder. Getting a plank challenge app is just what I need to get me back into the habit. Thank you for the great suggestion.