Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-17, 06:43 PM  
alisoncooks

Ordering from Rodale/Prevention question?

So, I'm not having any luck getting Suzanne's Flat Belly Barre on VF Roost, so I figure I might as well buy myself a birthday DVD.

The last time I ordered from Rodale store, I had a credit card fraud alert. Don't know if it was related or not, but I'd like to avoid it this time. Can I use a prepaid Visa type card at the Rodale store? Has anyone tried that?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 09:51 PM  
Roya J

I used to use prepaid visa cards to make purchases online, but I've never done so with Rodale. The problem I finally had was that someone hacked one of my cards. If that happens, you have a very small chance with recovering your money. It's like using cash. If someone steals it, you have a hard time getting it back. I finally recovered my money, but it took months to get the money back. It took so long that I wrote it off as an expensive lesson. Then one day I got a pleasant surprise in the mail...

The warning I received from the prepaid Visa representative that helped me was that it is safer to use the credit card because it is easier to recover your losses...I don't know how true that is....
Roya J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 07:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't know, Alison, but I've never had a problem with Rodale and have placed orders with them numerous times over the years. Maybe (hopefully) they've gotten better. Are any of the complaints recent or are they all old?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 07:51 AM  
alisoncooks

Not sure how things are recently. I actually had forgotten I'd had the fraud problem until I was rereading a thread from a while back (I think it was Sadie's Rodale set I was reading about.)

Well, maybe I'll just give it a go. Our CC company has been pretty easy to work with when things like that happen.
Old 08-18-17, 08:00 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oy, forgot you'd been a victim!
Well, good luck - chances are great you'll have no problems. My order took a week to arrive.

And happy birthday!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-17, 08:22 AM  
hotncmom

Do they charge your card right away when you order and they ship? Because the website mentions a 21-day free trial and implies that your card won't get charged unless you don't return the DVD. It doesn't seem to be a straightforward purchase.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 11:51 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

which is cheaper, including shipping -

a) ordering from Rodale store with CUSTOMER25 at http://www.rodalestore.com/flat-bell...e/B001466.html and paying it all at once, or
b) ordering from http://www.flatbellybarre.com/flatbe...708_0001615870

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 01:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Allison,

I don't know either, but I've never had any kind of issue with Rodale (except for slow shipping, and this item - Suzanne's Barre workouts - shipped quickly).

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 02:26 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

The problem I've had with Rodale is they have invoiced and shipped me items that I didn't complete a purchase on (emptied from shopping cart), so be aware of that happening. You can check the BBB for all the negative reviews about similar instances. My advice is to be prepared to make a purchase when you visit their web site.

Good luck!
Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 03:12 PM  
alisoncooks

So just to update from me, not long after I started this thread (1 month ago), I was able to buy this DVD from a VFer. So I avoided Rodale, but still got the workout. (And I love it, btw.)

Tags
flat belly barre, prevention, rodale, rodale.com