Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-17, 09:40 PM  
bfit

So burned out on marching and dancing - is there anything new?

I am so burned out on "walking" (marching) and dancing (is the Zumba craze never going to end?). I miss the old low impact workouts like Charlene Prickett's and the long step workouts like the old Cathe ones. Is there anything new like that? Or am I just hopelessly dated?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 11:53 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Well, I still do Charlene, Karen Voight, and Christi Taylor OOOLD low impact workouts. Shoot, I even do Patrick G's CIA 9001 hi/lo and step. Everything old is new again!

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 07:58 AM  
antbuko

We're all hopelessly dated, lol! They just don't make hi/lo and step like they used to. I like Jenny Ford's hi/lo. Check out her Youtube channel. Kristen Dowell has a couple of hi/lo workouts. I have them but lost patience with them. I think she queues really fast. I'll revisit them when I have more patience but they have been well received here. My all time favorite is Charlene Prickett. I have some It Figures but they are short. I prefer her old workouts that I have on VHS. We need a new Charlene. Easy to follow low impact workouts that is not just marching.
Old 04-13-17, 08:00 AM  
upperwside

Cathe live has a few low impact and HiLo workouts that are a lot of fun.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 11:02 AM  
donnamp

I just do my "old" workouts - but would love to hear about anything "new" that is different from the same old, same old we have been seeing lately - it all does seem to be "marching", "zumba" or "puke in a bucket intervals".

I also second the recommendation for Jenny Ford - if you like a good "old fashioned" basic step workout you can't go wrong. Well, actually, her music could be better, but many are filmed outdoors so it makes up for it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 11:19 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hamelin still does floor aerobics that is either hi/low, depending on which type of cardio/impact suits you. You might check out his free youtube workouts. He has some step offerings, as well as floor aerobics. He also has a Cardio Series available for purchase (a three month subscription) that he provides the links to in your inbox. You can then play them on a tablet, Smart TV, computer or phone, as well as download them to save for later!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 11:27 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
We're all hopelessly dated, lol! They just don't make hi/lo and step like they used to.
Ain't that the truth lol! Other than Jenny Ford and Kristen Dowell, I can't think of anyone that has produced a hi/lo dvd recently. I think our best bet is any freebies offered on youtube if you want something new.

I tell ya, I have to backup my dvds to my external hard drive. And get a backup dvd player.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 12:06 PM  
Rhonda

I agree, too bad there are not more instructors doing this type of stuff.

For those of us that cannot stream due to internet issues it is a sad day.

I need to pull out Charlene, I have a couple of her DVDs along with the itFigures shows.

Just not a whole lot to choose from. Seems like everything that comes out is high intensity with high impact.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 12:06 PM  
antbuko

I think the demise of CIA videos all but ended the era of hi/lo and step videos.
Old 04-13-17, 12:21 PM  
deineira

Another vote for Hamelin D'Abell workouts. He does all low impact and hi-low aerobics. Michelle Dozois also has very advanced cardio workouts that do have some choreo, but they are definitely more advanced.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote