Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-11, 01:09 AM  
bee1forfitness

Anyone find out more infor about this workout, I'm interested...but I want the 3 workouts on 1 DVD. The Release Date was 2008. Kat_B was the year you brought your version??
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 06:43 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Anyone find out more infor about this workout, I'm interested...but I want the 3 workouts on 1 DVD. The Release Date was 2008. Kat_B was the year you brought your version??
Yes. I bought early 2009 (pre-sale was ~November 2008). The original one is 65 minutes and has this cover on it: http://mall.fc2.com/item/kettlebell/...ution%28DVD%29
One of the criticisms was that the set was too busy: you can see the set in the pictures. She does do brief instructions while doing the workout, but it's not like Basix where she does the tutorial in the workout.

Basix, ©2006, looks like this: Cover and has a running time of 25 minutes.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 07:11 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
This is a clip from Basix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JsUGCWmkE

When I was trying to find a copy of Basix last month I emailed Missy and got this response:
So sorry but we no longer carry my Basix DVD. My new DVD has 27 different exercises and a more extensive workout. It is a progression of exercises. The first 10 are beginner, the second 10 are intermediate, and the last 7 are advanced. You can start by doing the first 10 for a couple of weeks and progress from there. Hope this is helpful. Thanks for your interest!
I don't see a title for the new DVD in her response, but would guess that is what Mary is carrying.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 07:11 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes. I bought early 2009 (pre-sale was ~November 2008). The original one is 65 minutes and has this cover on it: http://mall.fc2.com/item/kettlebell/...ution%28DVD%29
For a minute there I thought you'd found one people could order. I'm not sure how you would order that one, though.

That's the one I have, got it in a trade. It's funny how it seems to have disappeared. I couldn't even find it on ebay.
Old 05-13-11, 07:37 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
One of the criticisms was that the set was too busy: you can see the set in the pictures. She does do brief instructions while doing the workout, but it's not like Basix where she does the tutorial in the workout.

This is the one I have. I also have her Basix dvd. I did not come up with anything on my search for the DVD I have either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kettlebell Revolution.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	2996 Name:  Misfits kettlebell Basix.bmp
Views: 643
Size:  28.4 KB

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 02:04 AM  
bee1forfitness

Thanks Kat_B, that helps clear up things. For those of you that have both versions which do you prefer, am I missing something good by not getting the original one?? (even thought it appears I probably wouldn't be able to get the original one even if I wanted to)
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 10:29 AM  
mchelle81

im about to cave on this from mary is it worth the money for the time only half hour ?
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 01:49 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle81 View Post
im about to cave on this from mary is it worth the money for the time only half hour ?
I decided to order and try it for myself. I love the idea of no breaks and covering nearly 30 different moves in a short time. I'll definitely report back as soon as I get it and try it!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 01:50 PM  
mchelle81

yeah i was just thinking that i could even add it on to something else maybe after a short jog or something i think i just caved
Old 05-14-11, 01:58 PM  
mchelle81

yep i caved excited to get it and use my kettlebell more let me know how you like it cause to get to me in uk usually a week or so

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell revolution, misfit kettlebell workout, missy beaver