Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-20, 02:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I went to Publix this morning around 7:30 and found most of what I needed that I couldn't find at WalMart on Saturday - broth, pasta, eggs, milk. They had signs on a lot of shelves limiting purchases to two per item from key categories. They had no toilet paper or paper towels (checked for a friend) and they said the truck with those items was due on Thursday.

There were more people than I would guess are usually there at 7:30 on a Tuesday morning. I thanked the guy wiping down the cart handles with wipes on my way in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 03:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Interesting to hear how many of us on VF are introverts, but it kind of makes sense. Stay at home to exercise alone! I've been talking with a friend of mine for the last few days about how differently introverts and extroverts are dealing with this whole situation. Tough for some of those extroverts, I think!
Old 03-17-20, 03:59 PM  
momofcha

Target gets trucks in daily. What’s on them - who knows. If you need paper products of any kind - your best bet is To go there when they first open.
Bread and milk are separate food trucks which arrive a little later in the day.

Good luck

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 04:14 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Target gets trucks in daily. What’s on them - who knows. If you need paper products of any kind - your best bet is To go there when they first open.
Bread and milk are separate food trucks which arrive a little later in the day.

Good luck
I was just thinking of going first thing tomorrow morning in the hope they stocked toilet paper overnight. We've been making our own bread so I need to buy more flour and yeast, too. My dh and I live in a small house with little storage space and don't have room to stock a lot of product.
Old 03-17-20, 04:28 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The toilet paper hoarding is baffling. We're down to 2 rolls and the couple of places I went today were out.
The pastor of my church back in Spain recorded a special message on Sunday to encourage everyone because services have been cancelled for the time being. In the message, he mentioned the baffling hoarding of toilet paper and wondered whether people think it might protect them against the virus. The Spanish name for toilet paper is "hygienic paper" . That would explain it flying off the shelves in Spain, but in the English speaking world?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 04:58 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Interesting to hear how many of us on VF are introverts, but it kind of makes sense. Stay at home to exercise alone! I've been talking with a friend of mine for the last few days about how differently introverts and extroverts are dealing with this whole situation. Tough for some of those extroverts, I think!
Yes I would agree. I'm definitely an introvert and except for my cats and DH, I practice social distancing most of the time anyway. It's not been stressful so far.

DH was able to get some TP at BJs yesterday along with paper towels. They were limiting people to 2 packages which is fine with us since we do keep a supply regularly but not full pallets as some people seem to be doing. He went to the grocery store today and all our usual items were in stock but no paper products meaning no paper towels, TP or kleenex. Didn't find hand sanitizer either but we have some of that if necessary.

The closest hospital to us now has mobile testing, which we are hoping we won't need, but glad at least it's close for us. DH still has to go to work (he's in retail) but they have slightly reduced their hours.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 05:33 PM  
donnamp

Count me in as another who doesn't mind staying home. The only thing is, I'm working from home and just feeling distracted by having my DD home from school (she is in HS so doesn't really "need" me per se - but I'm concerned about her school situation and how that is all going to play out - she is a Junior this year and the May SAT has been cancelled!) and my DH is going to start working from home tomorrow. I typically work at home once a week but everyone is gone when I'm doing that and I typically also save certain things to do at work vs at home - b/c some of our processes are a bit awkward to say the least and it is easier to do some things in the office. Oh well. I keep telling myself at some point, things will get back to normal.

But, if I didn't need to be trying to work, I'd be good with staying home. There are quite a few projects I'd be working on if I didn't need to do work for my job!

Hopefully the store situations will improve - it is really disappointing that people felt the need to hoard and not consider that others may need things too. I mean, pallets of TP?? What are they expecting will happen?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 05:42 PM  
Leonana

We’re not out of anything, but I’m kind of worried about running out of some things. I can’t find so many things in the store, like eggs or chicken. I live on the east side of the Phoenix metro area and the stores have been hit hard. We won’t go hungry, but I just realized that I’m spoiled by always being able to buy what I needed or wanted. On the plus side, dh will have to be a bit less picky. Most of his favorite foods are gone!
Old 03-17-20, 06:22 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm definitely an introvert and have been working from home 2 days a week for about 10 years, so I'm glad I get to work from home for a long period of time, although I wish it were under better circumstances.

I have a friend in Japan who warned me a few weeks ago that things were going to get bad here and to prepare, so I went out and bought things I thought I would need back then. I do worry about running out if this goes on for a long time. I haven't been out to the stores since last week and I'm hoping it gets calmer before I have to venture out.
Old 03-17-20, 08:03 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Now everybody gets to understand how wonderful the introvert's life is!!!! It looks as though I've been social distancing for DECADES!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
This. I'm a homebody and I can go a week or more and not see anyone other than the spouse. I'm just fine with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
This is me! My DH and I have been practicing social distancing for decades too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Yes! Same here! I am just fine with my dh, son , cats , music, books, workouts,tv and the internet.

I will escape into watching This Is Us tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Yes I would agree. I'm definitely an introvert and except for my cats and DH, I practice social distancing most of the time anyway. It's not been stressful so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I'm definitely an introvert and have been working from home 2 days a week for about 10 years, so I'm glad I get to work from home for a long period of time, although I wish it were under better circumstances.
Ahhh, my tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
One of my best friends is incredibly extroverted. She would go for midnight runs to Walmart just to recharge to be around people. It's funny, my career, which I love, is better suited for someone that is extroverted. Since I have to be "on" so much at work, when I get home I need 30 minutes away from family and noise just to recharge.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing