Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-17, 02:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

could we focus our comments on the workout instead of speculating about her looks? it's against VF policy.

i posted a question earlier about the total minutes of content - anyone know the answer?

in addition, be careful if you enter your address on any of the rodale/prevention sites because they will ship it to you and send you a bill.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 03:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Here are the workouts included:
Quote:
The Flat Belly Barre! program gives you 3 total-body workouts:

CLASSIC BARRE: Tighten, tone, and lengthen your muscles with this ballet-inspired workout.
BARRE BLAST: Feel energized and strong as you pump up your heart rate and burn fat!
TOTAL-BODY BARRE: Slim inches off your waist, butt, and thighs by targeting multiple muscle groups at once.
Given that the site keeps advertising 30 minutes workouts and "follow me for 30 minutes a day" it sounds like each could be 30 minutes for a total of approx 90 minutes. But who knows? Could be one workout is 30 minutes and the other 2 are 15 minutes, meant to be combined.

ETA - Typical Rodale clarity and disclosure.

Last edited by Lucky Star; 06-03-17 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added snark. ;)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 03:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
in addition, be careful if you enter your address on any of the rodale/prevention sites because they will ship it to you and send you a bill.
This alone is enough for me not to order anything from them. I think I'll wait and see if Suzanne comes out with rotation for her DVDs since I already have them all and don't use them.
Old 06-03-17, 03:45 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
This alone is enough for me not to order anything from them. I think I'll wait and see if Suzanne comes out with rotation for her DVDs since I already have them all and don't use them.
I'm thinking this one looks similar to Tighten Tone and Torch. Maybe I'll pull out all of my Suzanne Bowen DVD's and run through them all. I have several Barre Amped series DVD's + TTT + Gorgeous Core + a Pilates one she did. Oh, and the Strengthen and Stretch as well.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 03:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I'm thinking this one looks similar to Tighten Tone and Torch. Maybe I'll pull out all of my Suzanne Bowen DVD's and run through them all. I have several Barre Amped series DVD's + TTT + Gorgeous Core + a Pilates one she did. Oh, and the Strengthen and Stretch as well.
I too, have all the DVDs you've listed. I should use them. I think I also have a rotation of Suzanne DVDs (except maybe couple of her last ones) somewhere. One of the VFers who hasn't posted in a while, made it up and posted it. I seem to recall it was pretty good. I save ALL rotations, so I'm sure I have it, I just don't know where.
Old 06-04-17, 07:31 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I'm thinking this one looks similar to Tighten Tone and Torch.
Yah good point, and those are only 20 minutes.

And then there's Trim, Tighten and Tone with its excellent 20 minute pilates workouts....I sense a themed rotation coming on.
Old 06-04-17, 08:03 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Yah good point, and those are only 20 minutes.

And then there's Trim, Tighten and Tone with its excellent 20 minute pilates workouts....I sense a themed rotation coming on.
What is Trim, Tighten and Tone? Is that Andrea Speir? I've got my eye on her DVD's too, but I've tried Pilates off and on and decided that the only thing I really like about it is the lower body floorwork. My favorite add-on for floorwork, that is Pilates-esque, is Pure Sculpt by Trudie Syler. There's 2 10 minute segments that make good add-ons after standing lower body work.

In typical VF fashion, I've already created a document with all of my Suzanne Bowen workouts, with the segments and times listed for each, and I'm going to do a rotation of some sort, putting 2 of them together for 30-40 minute workouts. I'll probably alternate upper/core, lower, and cardio segments, and plan an active stretch day in there somewhere.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 08:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Trim Tighten and Tone is with Andrea Speir and Kristin Matthews. They take turns leading the 4 routines: 20m upper body focus, 20m lower body focus, 10m cardio, 10m stretch. Whoever's not leading is showing the beginner or modified version. Shot outdoors in a park, very pretty. And I like my pilates in 20 minute portions.
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Uvraq6spTkU
Old 06-04-17, 08:46 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Back on topic, looking at the ad again there's a line that reads
Quote:
The perfect 30-minute workout!
so maybe each of these 3 routines is only 10 minutes long.
Wouldn't surprise me with Rodale but I'd hope not.

ETA - the whole program is only $19.95 with free shipping - cheap for Rodale! - so it's a good bet they're *not* 3 30-minute routines. If so, it would be nice if they're 15 minutes long so they can at least be combined in different ways.
Old 06-04-17, 12:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Back on topic, looking at the ad again there's a line that reads so maybe each of these 3 routines is only 10 minutes long.
Wouldn't surprise me with Rodale but I'd hope not.

ETA - the whole program is only $19.95 with free shipping - cheap for Rodale! - so it's a good bet they're *not* 3 30-minute routines. If so, it would be nice if they're 15 minutes long so they can at least be combined in different ways.
Ah, I was hoping for 3 30-minute workouts but you're right....the price does sound too good for that. Has anyone asked Suzanne on FB or something?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, fit in 10, flat belly barre, flat belly yoga, kimberly fowler, prevention, suzanne bowen