Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-14, 06:47 PM  
kalliope999

Decisions, decisions: Turbo Fire, Kettlebell Kickboxing, or JNL??

Hi everyone!

I've missed reading the forum! I haven't logged on since mid-2012 because I'd been happy with the workouts I was doing (and was trying to save money!) But I logged on the other day to research Focus T25 for my husband, and now I'm on the hunt for something new for myself. There are SO MANY new systems since I last was here, but I think I've narrowed it down to the ones in my title. I value VFers' opinions and have been reading lots of threads, but thought I'd ask outright if anyone had opinions on the comparison between these systems.

For reference (for those who don't mind reading), back in the summer and fall of 2012, I had lots of success with a combination of Turbo Jam and the 12-minute Lauren Brooks' KB workout (which I used as a sub for the resistance band work, which I dislike.) I'm rotationally challenged and didn't even follow the calendar very well after the first few weeks. I did about 4-5 days per week, and tried to do one longer (~45min) TJ per week, one kettlebell workout, and the rest were usually the 20min TJ. What can I say -- I'm lazy, and short workouts are the way I can get myself to be consistent, which is key, right?

This mostly Turbo Jam combo was the most successful ever for me with regards to shrinking my thighs and rear, and I was the slimmest in those areas I've been since college (I'm 39.) I think it might be the amount of cardio, which my body seems to need to drop the fat. Otherwise I just puff up and never seem to lose the fat or water bloat that covers my muscle. My body loves to discourage me by gaining size in my trouble areas when I start working out again , and this routine gave me minimal troubles in that sense. (Having to dig out my larger pants is never a good feeling.) Doing these on and off for the past 1.5 years finally has me restless, and I need some new workouts to keep me from getting bored and dreading working out. Right now, I'm specifically looking to drop 10-15 pounds and/or lose some inches from my butt, thighs, and arms. I haven't been working out for several months and have gained some pounds and lost my muscle.

I like fun, upbeat or quick-moving workouts. I'd love any feedback or opinions on these programs.

Some of my thoughts/questions:

--Do you have more than one? How do they compare? Was one of them best for weight loss or inch loss?
--I like Chalene, and Dasha seems great in the clips I've seen. JNL seems a little over the top, although I'm sure I'd get used to her, or could turn down the volume.
--If I do KBKB, I'm considering the Scorcher series unless someone says the Body series is the way to go.
--I like JNL's philosophy of sculpting an hourglass shape by avoiding lots of oblique work. My short waist needs all the help it can get.
--I'm not interested in stacking my workouts on a regular basis, so I'd be doing one workout per day. I stay committed with shorter workouts.
--Did anyone find that their body responded to the HIIT in Turbo Fire differently than the milder intervals of Turbo Jam?
--Would I be better off doing adding Kettlebell Kickboxing to Turbo Jams for a while to lose some fat (or do Turbo Fire), and THEN consider a JNL rotation to shape up my muscles?
--Kettlebell workouts by themselves (following a Lauren rotation for a few weeks) gave me the puffy problem. Would the cardio intervals in JNL be enough to make that experience different for me, do you think?
--I'm also intrigued by Buti because it looks fun, but this is probably best as something to stick into my rotation here and there, considering my goals. Agree?

We don't usually take beach vacations, but we'll be going to Bermuda this summer, so I'm starting early! Sorry this got so long , and thanks for any help you could give!

Tags
jnl, jnl fusion, kettlebell kickboxing, turbo fire, turbo jam