Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-22, 07:09 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Standing Only Fusion workout dvd?

Can anyone please recommend a fusion workout dvd that is standing only with no floor work that is not Jessica or Ellen? I think I have every dvd from Jessica and know her YouTube workouts and I stream Ellen. However, I’m cancelling Ellen because the majority of her workouts have been really hurting my back. I’m on a bit of a buying spree lately and looking for other fusion or barre instructors. I hate floor work with a passion and it never helps my aching back. I also prefer no gadgets (no bands, balls, etc). Any suggestions please?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 07:16 PM  
Lorelai

Maybe the Joyful Movement DVDs by Natalie Spadaccino? I'm not 💯 sure about the lack of floor work but if it there I'm sure it's easily skipped.

All standing Classical Stretch Essentrics? I've actually been finding that the floor stretches have been helpful for my low back, especially stretching the glutes while lying on my back.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 07:31 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Maybe the Joyful Movement DVDs by Natalie Spadaccino? I'm not 💯 sure about the lack of floor work but if it there I'm sure it's easily skipped.

All standing Classical Stretch Essentrics? I've actually been finding that the floor stretches have been helpful for my low back, especially stretching the glutes while lying on my back.
Thank you for your suggestions! I did try that dvd but there was too much choreography for me because I have two left feet!!! So, I ended up sending both of Natalie’s back.

I have 4 CS dvd’s but I just can’t get into them. I find Miranda’s lack of cueing frustrating and I don’t always know what I’m supposed to be feeling. I need more clear instructions because my brain just works that way!

I agree about the stretching! I just bought 2 Jessica Smith Stretch DVDs, a Karen Voight stretching dvd and Tamilee Webb!! Stretching has definitely been helpful!! But, I find actually mat work, especially core, like Ellen does to be really painful. A lot if the positions just seem awkward to me and her workouts, sadly, hurt my back. Even the standing ones tend to aggravate my back because there are a lot of scooping and folding.
Old 02-18-22, 08:31 PM  
DD546

The Method Standing Pilates Blend is a nice workout. I haven't done it for a while, but I liked the standing workout a lot. There is an all standing workout and a floor workout. Each clocks in at about 30 minutes, which is my sweet spot for this type of workout.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 09:18 PM  
moonbeam31

Bernadette Giorgio Attitude and Attitude Tu have 2 routines, all standing, you can skip the floorwork at the end.

Stephanie De Phillipo Tantric Toning

Standing Pilates Bea Wood

The Firm Cardio Sculpt Fusion
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 10:09 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Thank you for your suggestions! I did try that dvd but there was too much choreography for me because I have two left feet!!! So, I ended up sending both of Natalie’s back.

I have 4 CS dvd’s but I just can’t get into them. I find Miranda’s lack of cueing frustrating and I don’t always know what I’m supposed to be feeling. I need more clear instructions because my brain just works that way!

I agree about the stretching! I just bought 2 Jessica Smith Stretch DVDs, a Karen Voight stretching dvd and Tamilee Webb!! Stretching has definitely been helpful!! But, I find actually mat work, especially core, like Ellen does to be really painful. A lot if the positions just seem awkward to me and her workouts, sadly, hurt my back. Even the standing ones tend to aggravate my back because there are a lot of scooping and folding.
I know some people are frustrated by Miranda... I like her vibe and can usually follow along but I do wish there were more clear instructions at times. I've heard that the other instructors are better about this. Have you tried the Ultimate Stretch vol 1, or maybe one of Sarah's DVDs?

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 08:51 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I am going to also suggest all standing Essentrics or Classical Stretch workouts. Those are my favorite.

Here's a short 10 minute workout of Gail's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YPEECevuJs.

If you'd like to hop on one of my Zoom classes on Monday or Friday morning, those are 30 minutes and all standing. I'd be happy to gift you a class for no charge.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 09:43 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
The Firm Cardio Sculpt Fusion
I love this one. I think the only equipment is tiny weights, but you could totally skip those.
Old 02-19-22, 09:53 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thank you to all of you for the great suggestions!!! I will definitely check them all out!

Lorelai- I have not tried those instructors. Did you mean Sahra? That was the only name I saw when I went to Amazon. Thank you for sharing that information. I will look into them!

Jackie- that is so very kind of you but my mornings are crazy. I work 40-50 hours a week and homeschool my son in the mornings until noon. But, I really appreciate your kind offer. However, I think it’s clearly just me! I am the problem!!
Old 02-19-22, 10:19 AM  
Izzy

If you are a member of Essentrics ETV they have a lot of workshops on their site. These workshops take you through the movements and explain their purpose and how to properly do them. They can be very helpful. If you aren’t a member, why not do the 14 day trial so you can watch the workshops and this may help.

Tags
fusion standing only, fusion workouts, standing only fusion, standing pilates