Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-21, 01:00 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I miss the excitement of big releases! That used to keep VF humming with excitement as everyone debated the purchase and planned their transformation Then endless reviews, complaints, praises and haggling--until a new program eclipsed the prior obsession Lol.
It was so fun! The latest "systems," Beach Body programs, etc. I loved when a challenge check-in for a particular system popped up. There were some juicy arguments, too.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 04:26 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
It was so fun! The latest "systems," Beach Body programs, etc. I loved when a challenge check-in for a particular system popped up. There were some juicy arguments, too.

I appreciate Cathe but never had glee like I did for the Beachbody stuff!! Especially P90X series/One on Ones and Body Beast. I was also pretty excited for EdgeBooty Xtreme when it first debuted. It did not disappoint
Old 07-09-21, 07:14 PM  
carly

This will date me. I miss the CIA five to six videos with different instructors released individually or as a package deal. The package was always the best option.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 09:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

wow - Mary shipped my stuff already!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 09:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've had my eye on Caroline Sandry's new 3 DVD set. It was on sale and I got it! Shipping label created immediately and I'll probably have it on Monday!
Old 07-10-21, 01:54 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I ordered before going to sleep, and woke up with an email saying it was already shipped! I am excited

I also miss the new system releases, it was fun to read all the excitement about getting it, or not, then the raves and breakdowns, and less fun the disappointments. It is a big shame Beachbody is not releasing DVDs anymore I am glad Cathe is still releasing DVDs, but her new international check out is not great, I checked for fun how much it would be to order Step Boss series with her Bundle discount, well after conversion it was around $60 + 41 in taxes and duties (and it is free shipping), totalling $101 CAD, which is ridiculous. I would never get charged for something that cost US $45... Oh well, thanks for letting me rant.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:42 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
This will date me. I miss the CIA five to six videos with different instructors released individually or as a package deal. The package was always the best option.
I agree with this--I really miss that excitement. I also miss Charlene Prickett's 2 videos a year she used to release.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 11:31 AM  
Taiga

Mary did a great job on this sale. I was mostly shooting for lower cost dvds that I could save for random fun days. I bought some of the used dvds. All in all, I averaged about $4 per dvd so an affordable way to store some fun for "bleak" days. Work can be a real kicker some days and a random new pick staves off the dread. I don't mind older programs either or even the risk of a "dud". If it's new to me, the exploration is a draw. I have discovered some interesting programs with this approach. I pick up thrift store oldies to try as well.
Old 07-10-21, 06:13 PM  
fanofladyvols

Placed my order early this AM and got my tracking number this afternoon. Awesome!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:17 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post

I miss these too. I miss them all
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary's sale