Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-21, 05:04 PM  
Kizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I love Jessica and have almost all her workout DVDs but I will revisit this program if/when it's available on DVD.
Me too.
I am hoping that will be in the foreseeable future.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:33 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
I don't do any of the smart TV stuff (which is shocking considering I'm an applications software programmer...haha) so you could just stream from her site via laptop HDMI to the TV, correct? It's an extra step hooking up the laptop but I have a whole lot less issues streaming stuff than my son or daughter who uses a Firestick/YouTube Tv respectively.
Unless I'm mistaken (I haven't done Jessica's streaming), I do not believe this is an option. AFAIK there isn't any streaming on her site independent of Purple Player; Purple Player is her platform for all devices not just smart TVs.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:36 PM  
Leonana

I'm watching the FB Group video by one of the moderators, Janessa.

Regarding dvds, because of Covid there is a very limited supply of hard copy dvd's right now. While you can get them, it is very expensive. She tried to see if there was another way she could do it, but it wasn't going to be affordable. Amazon has a print to order service, but it takes 2-3 months and the quality isn't good. Jessica knows that some will be upset by no dvd's, but there will be dvds in the future for other workouts. However, Janessa doesn't know if it will include this program.

As for when you can purchase it, she says that it can be purchased any time. But to participate in the forum and check-ins, then you need to sign up before March 15. The part that says "Registration for this program ends on Sunday, March 14th, refers to the participation in the check ins and forum, and doesn't refer to purchasing. I think, my brain is hurting, lol.

Regarding streaming, Janessa does use an HDMI cable to her tv, from her laptop. You need the Purple Player app on your laptop. You can download the workouts onto your laptop, and play them without WiFi. I assume you can also stream the downloads to your tv with the HDMI cable.
Old 03-04-21, 05:45 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
No. Not interested in group personal training or following a program at all. I was hoping for individual more fusion style workouts. I don’t use Jessica for strength. Sounds like a great program if you’re into that sort of thing, though.
Exactly. This is just what I was looking for. I’m not a fusion person.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:53 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Exactly. This is just what I was looking for. I’m not a fusion person.
I was looking for a strength workout too. I'm just nervous about keeping up! I did do WS3, and my strength increased and I used less modifications as time went on. I'm hoping the same for this program.
Old 03-04-21, 06:52 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I was looking for a strength workout too. I'm just nervous about keeping up! I did do WS3, and my strength increased and I used less modifications as time went on. I'm hoping the same for this program.
Just start where you are and do the best you can.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'll pass on this set. It's a pretty easy decision for me - the workouts are longer than I'd like and as much as I love strength work, this program is not balanced enough for where my body is these days.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:16 PM  
schoolgirl-01

for now, i'm out. it's expensive and i have tons of strength training workouts/sets (cathe, kcm, etc). if the price would have been $50 or less i would have been all over it.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:26 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Just start where you are and do the best you can.
Thanks!

I can access this through Jessica's Lift and Shift website. However, it isn't showing up in the library on my PP app on my phone, or my computer. That part is kind of confusing me.
Old 03-04-21, 07:56 PM  
rhbrand

OOF, that's pretty dang spendy for something you don't actually "Have" know what I mean. I had a massive loss of data from a computer that fried out once already. Yes, now I put things I really care about in at least 2 places, but if I'm spending dang near 100bucks, I want something in my hand.

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift