Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-17, 06:41 PM  
rhbrand

Beachbody on Demand, yes or no?

I'm trying to decide if I "need" to plunk down the bucks for the Beachbody on Demand program. I've got a few of the programs already, but not all.

Does it seem to work well, or are there glitches? Do you think its a pretty good deal? Do you get to have all the programs, or just ones you have already?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-17, 06:59 PM  
alisoncooks

Take this with a grain of salt, from someone who NEVER had any interest in Beachbody products:

YES!!!!!!

Seriously, though. I have used only BBoD for the last 5 weeks (mostly P90 and, more recently, 21 Day Fix).

In the last month, I had one day where the site was down (the error screen offered a "paper workout" which I though was pretty cool). I did the $99/year All Access Pass. It includes everything, which is neat since I haven't done many of the "Classic" programs like CLX.

No glitches, except sometimes it's freeze-y when I run it through my AppleTV. Don't know why, it's fine on my iPad. I figure the problem is with my wifi or TV, and not the website.

**I originally did the free trial --30 days-- because I wanted to try the new P90. I liked it enough that I decided to subscribe instead of just buying the DVDs. All the calendars and such are included as PDFs on the site. I figure, if I get tired of Tony, now (for close to the same cost of P90) I have several options for the rest of the year.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 08:17 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I love it, even though when I first subscribed I had a lot of the sets already on DVD. We have a ROKU and I watch it on the Beachbody channel. It works perfectly.

It works so well that I use it rather than finding my DVDs. I have the all access pass, and I'm enjoying the sets I don't own.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 10:13 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

With the all access, do you have access to all of the new programs as well?
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 10:49 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
With the all access, do you have access to all of the new programs as well?
Yes, you have access to all the new programs as well as the add-on workouts. Plus a few of the sets have an On Demand "exclusive" workout that was filmed later.

For instance 21 Day Fix has all the workouts, add-ons, and a couple of extra workouts:

1) Dirty Dozen - Can’t get enough of Dirty 30? This remixed 21 Day Fix workout has 12 all new, total body moves, to get you stronger, leaner, and torching calories for hours after you're done working out.

2) Cardio Core Remix - A whole new heart pumping, sweat dripping 21 Day Fix Cardio workout, with 8 innovative moves that begin at your core, and work your glutes, hamstrings, quads, shoulders, and arms.

And a bonus Autumn Calabrese workout:
Kill Cupcake...21 Day Fix Extreme favorite Cupcake (backgrounder) joins Autumn for this strength, cardio, and power workout.

There are other On Demand exclusive trainer workouts by Sagi (Body Beast), the two trainers from Core De Force, and some of the others I can't remember, lol.

I've really enjoyed the extras. I've watches some of the Fixate videos (Autumn has a couple on Meal Prepping for 21 Day Fix) and some recipe demos. And I like having all the add-ons available because even though I have the sets, I may not have bought the add-ons.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 04:21 PM  
pricek

YES!!!! Definitely worth every penny!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 07:31 PM  
rhbrand

Thanks everyone! I signed up. Looking over what I have and there is so much new stuff out that I'm excited to check out.

Between Cathe and Beachbody, plus lifting on my own, I will never be bored with workouts ever again!
Old 04-12-17, 08:14 PM  
alisoncooks

The one thing that annoys me: being new to the site, I've previewed bits and pieces of many workouts, not just the ones I'm doing. Well, the website has a little counter on the main page and it seems to think I've done 103 workouts in the last 45 days.
Old 04-12-17, 08:50 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
(snip) I've done 103 workouts in the last 45 days.
Impressive!!!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 09:23 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Impressive!!!
I know, right!?
If it were true, I would deserve a rest day. Or two.

Tags
21 day fix, beachbody on demand, bod streaming, streaming quality