Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-12, 02:25 PM  
ruthular

mybarre3?

Anyone out there trying this? I signed up and think I like it...some days more than others. I still wish I had something to "take away" but the workouts are strong. Anyone put together a rotation? I'm kind of all over the map with these workouts and would like some idea of how to put them together. I've been working out in the early AM (new schedule for me) and am focusing on the 30 and 40 min. workouts.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 05:41 PM  
Browneyedgirll78

I just joined a few days ago and did one 40 minute yesterday and really liked it. I am not really doing a formal rotation as I find that I do better when I allow myself room for choice. I am doing a loose rotation of 30 minutes of LI cardio a day and alternating yoga and barre. So, I plan on adding barre3 to my p57 etc....I actually prefer this to downloads. I thought about LS ballet body, but the thought of all of those downloads and organizing them was really overwhelming to me. This way you get the benefit of changed workouts for less than the price of 1 live class per month.
Browneyedgirll78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 04:09 PM  
ruthular

Keep us posted about your results/experiences. I've done all the 30 minute workouts and like most of them, though i do feel that I often have to do a workout a few times before it really clicks. I think I'm going to stop jumping around as much and stick to one or two workouts until I feel good with it before moving on. I prefer the Sadie workouts. What are your opinions?
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12, 07:44 PM  
ella

I am on the verge of subscribing to mybarre3. Are there any other reviews out there? I really like Sadie and the clips on her website look great.

Ella
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 08:53 AM  
NotThatGirl

I'm on my second month of Barre3 and really like it. It's weird, I bought the dvd right when it came out, did it a few times and didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought and for some reason I talked myself into myBarre3 and like it much more than the dvd! I like that they stream (I was already into Ballet Beautiful's streaming videos so it was cool with me from the start) because they save space and I can take it with me. I love the variety of workouts too. I don't use it as my primary workout, I supplement what I am already doing with the 10-20 minute segments and save the longer workouts for a more relaxed weekend practice (I'm usually 1.5-2 hours a day during the week so a 40-60 minute workout is just perfect!). It's a really great value, like someone else already pointed out, it's less than the cost of a live class and you have so many things to pick from. I was a little worried she wouldn't add classes quickly enough for me but she definitely keeps the page fresh with new stuff. For $15 you can't go wrong trying it out for a month.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 10:27 PM  
ella

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I'm on my second month of Barre3 and really like it. It's weird, I bought the dvd right when it came out, did it a few times and didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought and for some reason I talked myself into myBarre3 and like it much more than the dvd! I like that they stream (I was already into Ballet Beautiful's streaming videos so it was cool with me from the start) because they save space and I can take it with me. I love the variety of workouts too. I don't use it as my primary workout, I supplement what I am already doing with the 10-20 minute segments and save the longer workouts for a more relaxed weekend practice (I'm usually 1.5-2 hours a day during the week so a 40-60 minute workout is just perfect!). It's a really great value, like someone else already pointed out, it's less than the cost of a live class and you have so many things to pick from. I was a little worried she wouldn't add classes quickly enough for me but she definitely keeps the page fresh with new stuff. For $15 you can't go wrong trying it out for a month.
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Ella
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 03:28 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

I thought rather than starting a new thread, I'd add to this one and say I am really loving mybarre3. I am also on my second month. The workouts are much more interesting than the DVD, and I really like every workout I've tried by both Sadie and Jenni. There was one of the Prevention Bootcamp workouts I did that I didn't enjoy--too much like the original DVD with lots of basics. The rest of the workouts seem to be sequenced a little differently with nice variety. I find them challenging but not exhausting.

In some ways it's what I always wanted in my barre workouts but didn't realize. It's almost as creative and interesting as some of the ballet body stuff, but with lots of entire workouts already put together. Most of them seem to be a little harder than the basic Bar Method workouts (CYB and Accelerated), but not as dread-inducing as the P57s can be for me.
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote