Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-21, 04:44 PM  
star117

I didn't my it, I need dvds. Hmmm, I may have to put Met rx on my wish list!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 05:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

With many of Jessica's DVD releases (prior to Lift and Shift) I don't think you'll find too many of the same type of lifting. In the past she's done compound exercises that use one weight for multiple muscle groups. Oftentimes, she'd use the same weight for smaller muscle groups and larger muscle groups which presents a problem. With no time to switch out weights (without pausing DVD) you might grab a heavier weight for rows, and then you'll use the same for overhead presses, etc.

So far I've only done the Total Body Strength (Compound sets) workout from Lift and Shift but can already see these are different from what she's done previously.

Something like Body Beast might fit the bill or a few of Cathe's workouts (Total Body Training...last phase.) Or, even the TBT single DVD, possibly. Slow and Heavy...just use dumbbells. KCM might have one or two DVDs, where her focus is heavier lifting. I'll have to take a peek at my workouts, but I'm sure there are a few that can be subbed for Lift and Shift.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 06:01 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I got my Jessica fix by purchasing one of her few DVDs that I don't have - Yoga Fusion Fix. It arrived today and I have rediscovered my for all my Jessica workouts. I'm also going to finally work through all her Walk On and Walk Strong programs and hopefully once I'm done with those Lift & Shift will be available on DVD.
I know it's not the same, but I really like Walk Strong 1. If I hadn't purchased Lift and Shift, I would have done that rotation again. Since it was meant for people new to workouts, Jessica does move slower, so I'm able to use heavier weights than in Walk Strong 2. Also, it is pretty complete with the different types of workouts, such as the Prehab Routine and the 360 Abs.
Old 03-15-21, 06:35 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

My set won't arrive til the end of next week; but I'll post about it when I get it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 06:54 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I know it's not the same, but I really like Walk Strong 1. If I hadn't purchased Lift and Shift, I would have done that rotation again. Since it was meant for people new to workouts, Jessica does move slower, so I'm able to use heavier weights than in Walk Strong 2. Also, it is pretty complete with the different types of workouts, such as the Prehab Routine and the 360 Abs.
I like the background sets for all three Walk Strong programs so I know I'll enjoy finally completing them this year. Lift & Shift may be too advanced for me right now and I tend to gravitate toward workouts that are 30 minutes or less.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 03:27 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Where is the Lift and switch video clip?

I tried her website, filled in the bogus phish form and still no video clip.

Where is it. It says I have it but I don’t see it in my files nor was I directed to it? Help please?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 07:08 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Where is the Lift and switch video clip?

I tried her website, filled in the bogus phish form and still no video clip.

Where is it. It says I have it but I don’t see it in my files nor was I directed to it? Help please?
Did you go to the direct site? It’s -

https://www.liftandshift.us/

There you’ll see the Intro video half way down the page and now I see that Jessica posted another video “Welcome and Getting Started” toward the bottom of the page. You have to click on the words welcome and getting started to start that video so it’s doesn’t stand out like the Intro video.
Old 07-30-21, 07:36 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

So Silly girl,

That shows how to navigate the platform

But how do you know what the videos are to see if you want to purchase the program.

That’s what I’m trying to see. How much is it again and tell me why a person would purchase it?

I was thinking that was the Title of a workout but I’m seeing that’s not it at
At all. Correct?

~~~Cheryl

Old 07-30-21, 08:13 PM  
sillygirl

I’m a huge Jessica Smith fan but I like DVDs so I didn’t purchase it. I think it was around $97. I thought the Intro video shows some of the workouts. Either way, maybe someone who bought it can chime in or you can search the site for the many threads posted about this program.
Old 07-30-21, 08:20 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

You can tell a lot of work went into her née platform. Lots to pay out whoever designed it. Looks like it would be fun. Looks kinda like a BB forum. Nice skips and going forward tools.

But no. There is not a program on earth I’m paying that much money for when you can’t see what your getting.

Shoot. I was crying all the way to the “enter” button on that guy, see, I can’t even remember his name. The guy with the bald head who worked with Ultimate Yogi. At least you got like 5 dvds. Lol.

I’ll spend it on equipment but not a program. Too much good free stuff available.

It’s like old CDs. You buy the Cd only to find the song you liked was the best one on the cd

~~~Cheryl

Tags
frank sepe, lift and shift, met-rx 180