Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-21, 12:30 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela105 View Post
So will she offer this "course" every 12 weeks? And we do it in real time? When will we be able to purchase again? This part is confusing. I'm going to pass this time around as I am a beginner, but will be interested in the future.
From what I understand, you can purchase it anytime. The deadline is for the check ins.
Old 03-04-21, 12:46 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
From what I understand, you can purchase it anytime. The deadline is for the check ins.
I also feel like she's guaranteeing the $97 price until that deadline. This is, of course, a ruthless marketing tactic aimed directly at me and my FOMO. I'm sure the actual future price will depend on the reception of the program, and I note that Eoin's Blissology 2 *dropped* from $108 to $49 after the first "real-time group".

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:48 PM  
pharma_gal

Where is the description of the workouts?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:50 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Back to say that all the videos miraculously appeared on the app on my Smart TV as soon as I purchased the program. The video quality is outstanding! The program itself looks outstanding as well.
Messe (or anyone else who's purchased), I thought of two questions for you.
1) What weights does Jessica use, if you can tell, especially in the heavier workouts (maybe the upper-body and lower-body circuits)?
2) Does she seem like she's having fun? On the info page she said something about lifting not being the "most entertaining" workout, but I think it is fun and I want my workout partner on the screen to be enjoying herself!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:02 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
It actually does say if you don’t purchase by the March date it won’t be offered until June. I’m guessing every 12 weeks or so you can purchase (at least initially).

I love strength. Love it. I’m in the middle of a kettlebell program so I won’t be able to do it as planned, but I think I’m going to cave as I’m always looking for new strength work.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
However I am a little put off at not having DVDs or at least a download that I can keep. What if I'm somewhere that I don't have Wi-fi and can't stream the workout That said I have been doing some streaming (Team Body Project) and paying a monthly fee so really I guess it isn't a lot different. This breaks down to about $8 per workout which seems a little steep but you have to add in the extras (for people that like a schedule/group setting).
Maybe somebody already addressed this but it is possible to download the workouts through Purple Player in case you want to do them where you don't have wifi.
Old 03-04-21, 01:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I watched the preview video. I love lifting, but this doesn't appeal to me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:44 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Messe (or anyone else who's purchased), I thought of two questions for you.
1) What weights does Jessica use, if you can tell, especially in the heavier workouts (maybe the upper-body and lower-body circuits)?
2) Does she seem like she's having fun? On the info page she said something about lifting not being the "most entertaining" workout, but I think it is fun and I want my workout partner on the screen to be enjoying herself!
The ranges for heavy, medium, and light weights are broad:
Heavy: 10–35 lb.
Medium: 8–25 lb.
Light: 5–15 lb.

Jessica does seem like she’s enjoying herself. And she’s her usual supportive self. Peanut, on the other hand…. I actually love seeing Peanut keeping Jessica company.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:57 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Maybe somebody already addressed this but it is possible to download the workouts through Purple Player in case you want to do them where you don't have wifi.
Yes. I’ve already downloaded the workouts to the app on my laptop and to the app on my Smart TV.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:59 PM  
momofcha

Just purchased. Quickly skimmed the first workout- definitely no joke. I’m excited. This is right up my alley.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift