Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-21, 12:54 PM  
rhbrand

Who else is doing Lift&Shift at their own pace

So I decided to start today rather than wait till next week.
However, I'm going to do the workouts at my own pace. I'd rather do the program 4 days a week, and do cardio once to twice a week.

Anyone else doing the program their own way?
Old 03-15-21, 01:56 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I think I will be doing perhaps 3 workouts a week, rather than the 5 that are scheduled. I will probably just play it by ear though.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 02:50 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm playing it by ear too. I started last week, skipped a day when I wasn't feeling well (did yoga instead), changed the order b/c one of the longest workouts was scheduled for my earliest day, then made up the missed one on Saturday (but didn't add cardio).

This week I started Week 2 with Lower Body per the rotation, but I've been shoveling heavy wet snow off & on all day with lots more to go, so Upper Body might not be the best thing tomorrow. Maybe core, maybe cardio, depends how I'm feeling.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 04:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

This was an impulse, late night, last minute purchase for me. No drinking was involved.

My pace and rotation plans will depend on if I can get these workouts to work for me with my setup in my basement. I did manage to do the first workout with lots of stops and starts, because of slow connection and wi-fi speed. Plus, have not managed to get Purple Player to work, either.

I think I'll rotate through the workouts in the order of the rotation calendar or cycle through from first to last and then repeat. Will probably do no more than three to four per week. And, the longer workouts I'll be cutting in half or repeating some of my favorite exercises from the workout.

We'll see how it goes for this non-techie.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 05:27 PM  
Leonana

I'm going to try to keep up with the schedule this week, and see if I have the endurance for it. If I get too wiped out, then I will add in more rest days, and probably do yoga or walk.
Old 03-15-21, 06:01 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post

My pace and rotation plans will depend on if I can get these workouts to work for me with my setup in my basement. I did manage to do the first workout with lots of stops and starts, because of slow connection and wi-fi speed. Plus, have not managed to get Purple Player to work, either.

We'll see how it goes for this non-techie.
It took me over half an hour just to download Purple Player. Got it all set up. Downloading the files. After 3 hours, I've got 4 of 17 downloaded. I can at least play today's workout.

People always forget that not every person has super fast internet and just think everyone can stream or download tons of files in a few min not the hours it takes me
Old 03-16-21, 08:44 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
This week I started Week 2 with Lower Body per the rotation, but I've been shoveling heavy wet snow off & on all day with lots more to go, so Upper Body might not be the best thing tomorrow. Maybe core, maybe cardio, depends how I'm feeling.
I woke up with DOMS in my triceps & lats, so I did L&S Core Control - it's only 15 minutes - and added on Jessica's Gentle Yoga chest & back flow. In theory I could do Upper tomorrow, then this week's mobility workout, then the total-body circuit ... but there's more shoveling to do so I might have to rearrange that again. No problem, I'm getting my workouts in with all that snow.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 03:15 PM  
mimikz

I don’t usually stick to given plans. Since I’ve gotten L and S I’ve also been using Cathe’s latest and yoga from Apple Fitness +. My sleep quality and doms go into my exercise choice of the day too. This works for me as well as walking most days.

I’m enjoying Jess’s workouts. I’ve decided they’re well worth keeping. And for what it’s worth I have a cheapie tcl roku tv, have been using the purple player for other Jessica workouts for a long while without problems. I’m ok with it.

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 03:23 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Well I definitely am going at my own pace after I had terrible DOMS after Total Body Strength Compound and it took me 2 days to recover

It's funny...NOT...when you think you've been working out at a pretty good intensity and then you start a new program !
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 07:01 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
So I decided to start today rather than wait till next week.
I thought the community is starting the challenge today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
It took me over half an hour just to download Purple Player. Got it all set up. Downloading the files. After 3 hours, I've got 4 of 17 downloaded. I can at least play today's workout.

People always forget that not every person has super fast internet and just think everyone can stream or download tons of files in a few min not the hours it takes me
That's a bummer! We had to upgrade our Internet speed last year to accommodate both parents working from home and both kids attending online classes. We have Wifi adapters on our laptops and Wifi extenders throughout the house. It's crazy and I'm afraid to know how much EMF we're exposing ourselves to.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews