Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-04, 12:52 PM  
juneaucat
VF Supporter

FirmDancer, give it a shot. I'm FINALLY off my plateau and the scale is making me very happy. But it's not just that. I tried on pants today that I haven't worn since before I got pregnant (and they fit!) and my body fat % has dropped 4%. I can actually see a difference. I really believe that doing more helps (obviously). But what is surprising to me is that it doesn't necessarily have to be super intense AND more often. I'm still doing some intense workouts but not every day. Plus, I'm adding in those little bike ride "sparks" whenever I can (3-4 times a week). I'm so psyched about this. One other benefit that I realized today is that even though I'm doing a lot more workouts, because they're not as intense, I'm not going through that constant aching in my knees and soreness. Those things make it difficult to get up the next day and do it all again. My body actually feels ready to do it again each day. And, on a different note, I feel less stressed lately.
Old 12-03-04, 01:23 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Kathy,

I read your rotation using Cathe's Timesaver. I just completed a modified CTX rotation using the same principles. I did do CTX cardio on some days, but I didn't want the punishing impact and intensity every day so I subbed in 30 minute workouts from Crunch and Charlene Prickett anytime I didn't feel up to Cathe's cardio. I kept up the basic structure of CTX by doing one body part a day, plus abs 3 or 4 times a week, plus one of the leg workouts every week. I felt good on this rotation, gained some muscle (because my weights increased every week) and lost a few lbs. I hope to add a few treadmill walks in the evening based on this thread.
Old 12-03-04, 01:26 PM  
juneaucat
VF Supporter

Great Jane! I did that rotation for a little while but that was some time ago. I need to update my signature. I've been thinking about doing some of those Timesavers, but not every day and using Charlene (or Karen) on off days. Thanks for the idea!
Old 12-04-04, 06:23 PM  
hannahsmom

That's really inspirational. I stopped using my treadmill because I wasn't seeing any results and I got bored. I started using cardio tapes which I like better but thought I'd add treadmill again since I spent so much money on machine and hate to watch it just sit there. I will walk every other day for 25-35 minutes and see what happens. This way I could at least get cardio in without doing my tape everyday.
hannahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 11:24 PM  
KathAL79

Hmm. Getting ideas . . .

I used to workout for 20-30 minutes in the morning before jumping in the shower and heading off to work. I started with yoga and finally decided yoga in the morning just doesn't work for me. (I'm flexiblity-impaired to begin with, so morning stiffness is not helpful.) I stopped a few weeks ago to get more sleep. Now that the holidays are upon us and I've realized over and over again that I haven't lost any weight and may have even gained some over the past few months, I think I might give this a try. I'll do 20-30 minutes of light cardio and my regular routines when I get home from work. Assuming I'm over my cold, I'll start this Monday.
Thanks for posting this, and keep up the good work!
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 10:12 PM  
CynDaVaz
VF Supporter

This makes me excited. I think I was subliminally coming to the same conclusion even before I began reading through these types of threads. I believe this is now the 3rd thread I've read on two separate boards regarding this type of topic. And I have been noticing the same thing myself. The more I kill myself working out, the hungrier I am, the more I eat, and the more exhausted I am at the same time. I was wearing myself out, pushing myself harder, and having the exact opposite effect of what I was trying to accomplish. I am going to back off on the intensity, and see where that takes me. Hopefully in a better direction.
CynDaVaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low intensity, success stories