Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-22, 05:14 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Thanks for the update Susan. I started 40-4-40 after hearing the great reviews. Hoping things change and she starts posting more again. In the meantime I'm grateful for what's already done.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the 40-4-40 program and what it is doing for you. I won't be starting it until July but I am already looking forward to it!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 07:52 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
Would love to hear your thoughts on the 40-4-40 program and what it is doing for you. I won't be starting it until July but I am already looking forward to it!
I did Day 4 today and am liking the switch from splits (I did 3 of her other programs prior to this one). On the off days I'm doing more cardio whereas before I would do some full body work. I imagine strength gains due to what feels like increased volume and right now the increase in cardio is also a plus. I can check back when I finish it up. I've been doing her programs every other day and am thinking about the full body workouts after this program.
Old 06-02-22, 09:15 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
I loved doing the 40-4-40 program and will do it again in the future. It was just right after the Beginner Series and helped me to regain some strength I had lost. If you find the rests too long, I would suggest increasing your weights. I did have to modify a good bit on the ab work, my weakest point. I like Cee's emphasis on strength and find her workouts perfect for me now.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 12:09 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I loved doing the 40-4-40 program and will do it again in the future. It was just right after the Beginner Series and helped me to regain some strength I had lost. If you find the rests too long, I would suggest increasing your weights. I did have to modify a good bit on the ab work, my weakest point. I like Cee's emphasis on strength and find her workouts perfect for me now.
I like the rests so far...I end up dancing or walking in place...lol. I am keeping notes from the first couple of workouts and have marked down whether I should increase weights or stay the same for my next workout.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift with cee