VF Supporter

Hard pass.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 07:09 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I went to look and see if they had any chair workouts. Here is a remark from the website
"At Over Fifty Fitness we know that a gazillion lunges won’t serve you, but you also shouldn’t be given workouts so watered down that your dead grandmother could do them."
I think that is a little insensitive especially since I am a 72 year old grandma.
I agree with you. That could have been said in a positive light regarding workout intensity without tearing anyone down or being insensitive.

There are way too many options at better prices to even consider this…..especially when that kind of insensitive language is used. It’s going to be a hard pass for me.

Regarding chair workouts, You should check out the free workout platform, Joyn. Over 300 workouts and lots of fun and challenging chair workouts. It’s a great site and you can’t beat free!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 10:28 AM  
donnamp

I have never really clicked w/ PJ - there is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. I consider myself to have a good sense of humor. She does curse quite a bit and that could be the thing that rubs me the wrong way - I feel that curse words are way overused in today's society - it just isn't necessary to use bad language to make a point.

her workouts definitely do not look easy - although I have never actually done one of them, for the aforementioned reasons!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 11:04 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I do enjoy PJs workouts, but I was a little put off by a remark she made in a workout I recently did. A viewer had left a negative comment about the sound / microphone quality of another video, and PJ said the viewer could "f-off". In my mind, the viewer comment was offered as constructive criticism (I didn't read the comment myself), so PJ's remarks come across as rude to me.

I always leave mostly positive comments to videos, but on rare occasion, have left a very small piece of constructive feedback about sound in an overall positive comment (and have had the instructor thank me for the feedback!) I would be mortified if an instructor told me off in a subsequent workout!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 01:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I do enjoy PJs workouts, but I was a little put off by a remark she made in a workout I recently did. A viewer had left a negative comment about the sound / microphone quality of another video, and PJ said the viewer could "f-off". In my mind, the viewer comment was offered as constructive criticism (I didn't read the comment myself), so PJ's remarks come across as rude to me.

I always leave mostly positive comments to videos, but on rare occasion, have left a very small piece of constructive feedback about sound in an overall positive comment (and have had the instructor thank me for the feedback!) I would be mortified if an instructor told me off in a subsequent workout!
Oh my, that wasn't very polite! Not good.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 01:23 PM  
Leonana

I agree that was not good.

I’ve done a few of PJ’s workouts, and her comments didn’t offend me in those videos. But I went back to Jessica when Lift and Shift came out. PJ moves too fast for me on strength workouts and I’m afraid I won’t have good form.
Old 03-13-22, 01:33 PM  
tamib

I tried some of PJ's workouts and was really put off by her attitude, I prefer, Lift with Cee, Jessica Smith, Caroline Girvan or Heather Robertson.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 02:29 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Hard pass.
I *literally* said that when I clicked out of their page!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 02:45 PM  
edensmom

Eh, different strokes for different folks. PJ is one of my go-to instructors these days, just worked out with her this morning in fact. I've never found myself put off or offended by her even a little bit. I like her. She makes me laugh. She provides fun, tough workouts that are scaleable to any level and provides modifications and lots of form pointers.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 04:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
... PJ moves too fast for me on strength workouts and I’m afraid I won’t have good form.
This was an absolute deal breaker for me when I watched a workout.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behealthyenough, fitness with pj, over 50, overfiftyfitness