Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-04-21, 09:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, the thought of retirement has certainly cross my mind too, but it's probably not feasible right now. LOL about the Easter basket! I bought Dove dark chocolate eggs and Almond Joy eggs for me & DH - we had the former earlier in the week (at the end of a work drama day) and the latter last night.

If you celebrate Easter, hope it's a happy one, and if not, hope it's a peaceful day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 01:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - ham in the oven, so back to post my week. Before I do, did you see that EssentricsTV is offering free episodes from Season 11 through tomorrow? The episode that was posted on FB was Mobility, and I did that today, but you can link to other episodes from there:
https://www.essentricstv.com/classic...ne-flexibility

I will probably try another tomorrow so let me know if you have any favorites!

I managed to get in a bit more weight work this week.

Monday
HDM (YT) - Armatics Taster (used to help keep my arm from being sore post-shot!)
30MTF TLC - Coffeyfit Blend premix
Yoga in the Garden of Serenity - Neck & Shoulders
SarahBeth Yoga (YT) - 30 Minutes Full Body Bedtime

Tuesday
Annie Pilates PT (YT) - 30 Day Pilates Discover Self-Healing Challenge, Day 3, Core Engagement
TAUGHT yoga

Wednesday
Devi Daily Yoga (YT) - Supported Yin Yoga for Self-Healing

Thursday
30MTF Your Best Body - Cardio & Legs premix
Yoga Journal Your Daily Yoga - Solar-Powered (yin)

Friday
MR Unplugged - Episode 1901 (no w/u or c/d)
LEKFit - 15m Arms
Yoga with Matt (YT) - 15m Yin Yoga for Energy
TAUGHT yoga, special yin class

Saturday
30MTF Build & Burn - KB/KB (no swings) premix
30MTF Split Sessions - Shoulders/Legs premix
AM Yoga for Your Week - Back Bends

Sunday
EssentricsTV (free) - Classical Stretch Season 10, Episode 11, Mobility
Erich's Lotus I did get into a brief semblance of lotus pose, but he slayed me!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-04-21, 02:40 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I have Season 11 and there are several episodes that are my favorites. My top 2 favorites are:

and
#1123 (Shoulder Pain)

Now that I think of it, you were having shoulder pain, weren't you? You really have to try episode 1123 (Shoulder Pain)! That episode is awesome.

Other favorites from Season 11 are:

So far all I've cooked today is a big pot of homemade Minestrone soup and a pan of cornbread.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 02:43 PM  
cyana

Came across this article about Sumo citrus and thought I'd link it since we've discussed these: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/31/b...uit/index.html

Beth - I have Season 11 and must say I enjoyed it. I'm not good at writing down my favorites like Paine is, though. It was the first time I went all the way through a C/S season without falling off the wagon.

Back later after I have some gainful physical activity to report.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 03:01 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, we have Sumos in our fruit basket right now. My DH loves them and they are my favorite citrus fruit.
Thanks for that feel-good story about the handmade doggie bow ties.
Old 04-04-21, 03:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I would be willing to try any citrus!

Paine, thanks for that! I will try to get to that episode; it seems a bit hard to navigate, at least from the free perspective, haha.

Yes, my shoulder was really bothering me, but I meant to report that the new pillows seem to be helping!!! I have been really comfortable sleeping this past week. DH was finding them too firm (I thought so too, but just a tad), so we adjusted with a bit less stuffing yesterday and they seemed even better last night. I do have this nagging spot on one side of my lower back, but I don't think that's sleeping related; I think I pulled something awhile back. Anyway, I just scheduled a massage for the 24th (just before my b-day), so hopefully that will help.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-04-21, 07:10 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

Today's Workout: Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set. For some reason I forget about this one, and it is actually very good and is gentle on my knees. This morning I enjoyed a 1.5-hour outdoor walk.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 10:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy Easter!

We enjoyed an outdoor brunch and Easter egg hunt at DS1 & DILs this morning. We are home now. It was a busy weekend with outdoor walks, clearing out cupboards & closets, and packing boxes at the condo. I brought home a mountain of laundry....sheets, comforters, mattress covers, & towels from out tenants. That will keep me busy for a while.

We had a zoom visit at dinner time with some old HS friends and have another tomorrow with my nursing friends & their hubbies. So our Easter turkey dinner will wait until Tues.

Yesterday was another long city walk with over 15,000 steps.

Today’s workouts:
~30 min rebounding
~a friend’s Fusion-y Essentrics class online, used resistance bands for the arm work and did some barre toning
~MFML: Soothe Your Soul

Sandra - Lol about some of the Easter treats getting hijacked.

Cyana - I have not tried jackfruit. We have friends who love it. They have spent a lot of time in Mexico & i guess it is quite common there. The house market is crazy here, definitely a lack of inventory. Condos are selling, but not as quickly so our fingers are crossed.

Beth - I’m glad your shoulder is improving & hope the massage will help your back. I am missing massages but haven’t felt comfortable yet. Hopefully soon!

Cyana & Paine - I’m not familiar with sumos, but they sound delicious! .

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 08:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Here's my weekend report:

Saturday:

~ Holden Qigong 03/24/21, warmups and strength/balance sets
~ Gym for treadmill and weight machines
~ 9,000 steps

Sunday:

~ Completed Holden Qigong 03/24/21, flows and meditation
~ Neighborhood walk - made it tougher by choosing a route with a big hill
~ 7,500 steps

Has anyone here signed on for Kassandra's PM Yoga Challenge? I did, but still haven't started it.

Sandra, I've been contemplating my retirement too. I'm starting to look at 68 as a goal, five years from now. I'm reluctant to give up my health insurance and rely on Medicare, but we'll see what happens between then and now. I'm so tired. A work day drains me like never before.

Pam, your Easter egg hunt with family and visits with friends sound so nice.

Beth, fingers crossed that the new pillows continue to help. Great week for you.

Cyana, I tried a Sumo once and have never seen one here since. It was good but mucho expensive for one fruit.

Paine - I have tried jack fruit and it's not for me. I had it as BBQ'd "pork," and disguised as something else at the vegan cafe. I don't like the taste number one, but even worse it has an appearance that gives me the heebie jeebies, the same feeling I get from seeing a dried lotus in a floral arrangement.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 09:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I went for a short walk and did Eccentrics.

Beth, if you haven't had a Sumo mandarin orange, you have to try one! They peel easy, have no seeds and are really sweet.
I have never had a professional massage!

Pam, yesterday I enjoyed seeing my grandsons find hidden Easter eggs and eat the goodies from their Easter basket. It was really sweet to see.

Pat, I signed up for Kassandra's Yoga challenge. I've previewed the ones she has had so far to see what poses she did but haven't felt inspired to do the ones I've seen. If I see one that has more of my favorite poses, I'll bookmark it and try it at some point!
I've seen YouTubes of people cutting up a whole jackfruit and it looks like a gross, messy and difficult task.

Tags
gall bladder