Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-03, 12:16 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Hdy everyone -- I'm back with more information and questions.

First of all, have any of you gotten your Kegelmasters or Kegel Exercisers yet? What do you think? Do you see any improvement? I'm about ready to order one -- I'm thinking that if I do end up getting the bladder tuck, I will wait at least until I'm done breastfeeding (which is usually up to a year old). So I think I should try this for now and maybe I won't need the surgery afterall, but if I do, I'll at least be better off until then.

But I also wanted to tell you about another book I found that has some great information in it. It's called "The No-Hysterectomy Option: Your body - Your choice" by Herbert A. Goldfarb M.D. -- Here's the amazon link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...826940-7643212 (although I found mine at half.com for about half that price). I've mostly read the chapter about prolapse and it had thorough explanations, opposing theories, and all.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-03, 01:26 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

One more thing!

I was just about to order the Kegal exerciser, but couldn't find my credit card handy, so went over to amazon to see if they sold it (because I can order with a touch of a button there) and saw at the bottom of the page http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...Y-PLST-0-BRAND that you aren't supposed to use it until 6 months after you have a baby. Darn! I have 3 months to go! Anyone else hear about this restriction? Do you think it has to do with making sure the pelvic floor area is healed first?

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-03, 01:39 PM  
Renee D
VF Supporter

Re: One more thing!

Quote:
Originally posted by LovingLife
that you aren't supposed to use it until 6 months after you have a baby. Darn! I have 3 months to go! Anyone else hear about this restriction? Do you think it has to do with making sure the pelvic floor area is healed first?
Just jumping in here...

That may be why they say that, but also realize that they tend to put the longest possible warning times on things like this to cover their own liability. Definitely check with your doctor first as I'm sure it also depends on your individual healing, but it may be that it's safe for you to start now.

Let your love fly like a bird on the wing
And let your love bind you to all living things
And let your love shine
And you'll know what I mean, that's the reason
~Bellamy Brothers

Renee D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic prolapse